The I Took My Remedy Tribe - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 414 Old 11-30-2008, 03:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It is such an enormous huge powerful thing taking your classical homeopathy remedy. The path the trip the healing is at times overwhelming. I know for myself it has been nothing I can discuss with my husband or 14 mo ds!! Things move right down to your soul and beyond.

I think this would be a great place to come to share what our remedy is (SOOO interesting!), how we got to our classical homeopath, and our trials and tribulations as we heal.

I had some pretty heavy anxiety depression before and during my pregnancy. I took swim lessons with my son at the Y and wound up with a 2 mo long yeast infection. My son wound up with a pretty heavy duty one as well. It turns out a woman in my husband's circle of friends had just graduated from a CH school in London and needed clients for her supervised post grad work.

I could not believe what goes into taking the case! Things I haven't thought of in YEARS. The way you need to explain further on an adjective or verb you just said. I felt like I needed to drink a bottle of wine when we were done!! Revisiting recurring dreams, some not so pleasant times in my life, etc. it was all pretty heavy and pretty cool.

My remedy is Anhalonium or more well known as peyote. I think the coolest part of learning what your remedy is is learning about your remedy. This plant is so super cool. Understanding now how I am so much like a cacti... I have to force myself to drink water. I had read a long time ago about animal totems and such and picking up on the characteristics of your animal to help be more in harmony with yourself. It didn't even occur to me that you could do the same with the plant kingdom! This plant goes completely back underground to regroup in harsh times! I pull the blankets over my head!! Or before ds would stay in bed in the dark regrouping for a day or 2 at times. Of course I thought I was a weirdo for this but apparently it comes naturally to me!

It has been a real blessing finding my remedy and relating to this plant. It was in a post remedy visit I learned that she had no doubt on this one with the way I dream in color ( apparently very rare... I just always assumed everyone did bc I did. There were obviously other guiding symptoms but I think that one's pretty cool. Basically I live my life everyday in a peyote trip state!! No wonder everyone always thought I was/ am such a weirdo. I think it was the 3rd grade when people started asking what drugs I was on!! All those years I spent taking them trying to feel "normal"!! I never felt more justified in my life!

SO the first time I took my remedy...
When I was driving home I felt that numbing tingling feeling you get after taking hallucinogens. Then came the yawns that just keep coming and just drain your sinuses. And then just a nice feeling of clear. I was out later walking the dog when out of the corner of my eye I saw a group of gigantic horses running charging across the the field next to our yard. But they didn't have legs and were level with the tree tops!! It was like a wave. So I did start noticing things like the breathing bathroom carpet and different patterns of light in the periphial vision (sorry about the spelling) but these things are always there for me they were just now stronger.

So I think I revisited every single ailment I've ever had in my life ever! It was crazy and trying but there was really no turning back. This is what happens your body is finally getting rid of all the old gunk. I had one bought with anxiety for about a week. My homeopath explained things have a funny way of working out once you've taken your remedy. That you just wind up eliminating things that are not conducive to you and she has known a lot of people who have made drastic changes in their lives from a job change, to quiting their job and returning to school to leaving their partners... And well with the anxiety attacks I knew it was my job spawning them. So I walked and never looked back!! So many great opportunities have since opened for me. It did get rocky for dh and I but I see him just healing with me!

I have since had to take another dose. I took it right before bed so any fun trippy stuff happened in the astral plane!! It was amazing to feel and go through the difference of well and balanced to just plane not right. The changes have been less dramatic as the first but I can say this dose finally knocked the yeast vaginitus away!! And the first pain free period post birth! I took it a week ago so I'm sure I'll have more to say! It's so nice to just feel like me again.

I can't wait to hear about ya'lls experiences and share our healing times together.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 414 Old 11-30-2008, 04:42 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Moving to Health and Healing

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#3 of 414 Old 11-30-2008, 06:09 PM

I'm hoping to get my DD her constitutional remedy early in the new year. It will be fascinating for me to follow this thread as I won't be experiencing it personally but watching for changes in my DD.

Still a sleepy mama to my fabulous 2 year old girl
#4 of 414 Old 11-30-2008, 07:07 PM

Location: Learning about ancient history along with the kiddos
I'm a classical homeopath (as a profession) so I'm interested in the thread. If you want it to just be for people who have been prescribed for and not for prescribers, let me know and I'll leave.
#5 of 414 Old 11-30-2008, 08:17 PM - Thread Starter

I want any one interested to use. Even if people are giving a remedy to their children I think it is a great place to check out. I think it will help and give understanding just how intense the process can be. And of course we need a homeopath up in here!!!

Avent do you find yourself with a lot of snake remedies? I feel like my friend has A LOT of snake coming up with her clients. Have you ever had an Anhalonium case? What was your coolest case so far? Have you taken your own remedy and feel like sharing?

DoulaMary do you feel like sharing what you are working on with your dd?

My son has taken his a little over a month ago and when time allows I will add more on that.

Peace and Healing
#6 of 414 Old 12-01-2008, 01:47 AM

DD has food intollerances. Her only current symptom is very disrupted nighttime sleep. We currently have dairy, gluten and corn eliminated. It has been a looooong process and I still feel like I don't know the whole picture - mostly because she still wakes frequently, although finally seems to not be in too much pain. I am really hoping her remedy will help her body with the whole food issue and help with her night sleep. She is a happy and lovely girl during the day and it's so weird that I could eat a bunch of bread and she would always be fine during the day but then night comes and it's a different story. So....I don't know what I'm expecting really. Perhaps a miracle. Only time will tell.

#7 of 414 Old 12-01-2008, 02:08 AM

:

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
#8 of 414 Old 12-01-2008, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by avent View Post
I'm a classical homeopath (as a profession) so I'm interested in the thread. If you want it to just be for people who have been prescribed for and not for prescribers, let me know and I'll leave.
Hey, I've been hoping to see you around. How are things going?

I'm in school currently for homeopathic medicine and have been using it for over ten years. Oh, the tales I could tell! I'll be hanging out here.
#9 of 414 Old 12-01-2008, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefaery View Post
Hey, I've been hoping to see you around. How are things going?
Hey, good to see you. I admit I'm sort of embarrassed to see you as I didn't really follow up after you were so kind as to help me with flower essences.

Things here are not going to well on the remedy front, but they will get better. I have been seeing a homeopath who uses the Sankaran method (are you familiar with it?) and we have come to the conclusion I need a constitutional remedy that doesn't exist yet. We have an idea of the family and he's working on the specific organism but in the meantime I'm palliating with a partial 3x/day that's LM2 (after taking a different remedy which brought out this state as the case was originally one-sided) and is not working anymore. I feel pretty bad and have been pushed to what Vithoulkas calls the "limits of human endurance." The new remedy picture is very clear and is taking, I would estimate, more than half of my wesen to grapple with. I can hear the song of the other organism in me and it's very odd and completely exhausting to feel like...not me.
#10 of 414 Old 12-01-2008, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama_mich View Post
Avent do you find yourself with a lot of snake remedies? I feel like my friend has A LOT of snake coming up with her clients. Have you ever had an Anhalonium case? What was your coolest case so far? Have you taken your own remedy and feel like sharing?
I don't have a lot of snake remedies come up, no. I don't recall having had an Anhalonium case where I actually gave the remedy, but I have observed them in teaching clinics, and I know someone IRL who should take it but doesn't.

I think the coolest case I had so far was a woman who felt very heavy all the time (she was very tiny), had a huge fear of earthworms and typhoons (in a place that doesn't get any), was up all night with her teenage son head banging to heavy metal music. I actually did start her on a snake remedy, European puff adder.

I was once given what used to be considered my constitutional remedy and it was very powerful and changed the course of my life. I am now on the search for something still deeper that remedy did not touch (see post above). It's very difficult to see cases if you yourself have a very strong filter and haven't worked on your own issues. (Homeopath, heal thyself.) The levels can become very deep and ancestral. I'm glad I know the deal because someone else may have gone ape**** if they were pushed the way I have been these last few months. I'll leave it at that.
#11 of 414 Old 12-01-2008, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Hey, good to see you. I admit I'm sort of embarrassed to see you as I didn't really follow up after you were so kind as to help me with flower essences.

Things here are not going to well on the remedy front, but they will get better. I have been seeing a homeopath who uses the Sankaran method (are you familiar with it?) and we have come to the conclusion I need a constitutional remedy that doesn't exist yet. We have an idea of the family and he's working on the specific organism but in the meantime I'm palliating with a partial 3x/day that's LM2 (after taking a different remedy which brought out this state as the case was originally one-sided) and is not working anymore. I feel pretty bad and have been pushed to what Vithoulkas calls the "limits of human endurance." The new remedy picture is very clear and is taking, I would estimate, more than half of my wesen to grapple with. I can hear the song of the other organism in me and it's very odd and completely exhausting to feel like...not me.
Don't worry about it at all! I had three kids and never once experienced lactogenesis (milk never came in with any of them), so more than anything I wanted to talk to you about that....though we had different causes.

VERY familiar! I have read every book he has written as far as I know. I adore An Insight into Plants, The Spirit of Homeopathy as well as The Soul of Remedies. I really like him though he is seen as so many as not being "classical."

I'm exploring a new system right now because in the last 12 ish years we have never found mine either despite several classically trained homeopaths trying. Two of them with over 20 years in the "business." Anyway...I have alot of thoughts and I'd love to discuss with someone who might be as fascinated as I am.

Anyway, I totally hear you. I see my kids and just about everyone else having these massive strides and not so much for me. I have had phenomenal outcomes with acutes...but hte constitutionals not so much. Anyway....we should talk!
#12 of 414 Old 12-01-2008, 06:41 PM

So how common is it to just not match any of the constitutional remedies? My DD has been seeing a classical homeopath for almost a year and we still haven't found hers. I find it hard because there are so many internal considerations that factor into finding the remedy and since she is so young I don't know what they are. Sometimes I feel like I'm not picking up on everything or missing something. We are going to try a bowel nosode next as soon as she gets over her current acute illness. I'm just wondering because I'd like to find my constitutional remedy, but I don't know about allocating that much more money towards treatment. I started acupuncture about 6 months ago for myself and I'm not seeing the results that I had hoped for so I'm wondering if homeopathy would be better.
#13 of 414 Old 12-01-2008, 06:51 PM

I have a constituational, but it freaks me out and I dont know when to take it! LOL. I feel like I ALWAYS need it.

hey-my dd ate like 60 of her remedy pellets, any advice? oops. :
#14 of 414 Old 12-01-2008, 06:53 PM

Some folks embrace sequential homeopathy also. Which, per my lay understanding, is that there are layers of homeopathic remedies, rather than ONE remedy. The opposite of classical homeopathy, I guess. But, an interesting consideration.

We've found that the deeper issues take time to unearth. Perhaps, it is in the narration, trust relationship, increased self-awareness??

Pat

I have a blog.
#15 of 414 Old 12-01-2008, 06:56 PM

It's not common. It's best to understand that there are MANY different ways of practicing homeopathy (even under the "classical" umbrella.)

I have used homeopathy in a variety of ways. I have used it classically and clinically, I have used homotonics as well as drainage remedies. I have used high and low doses. They all have their merits in my mind-the trick is knowing when to apply what.

Classical homeopathy can be tricky in my mind because of how much damage we have done to ourselves (injecting toxins, taking all kinds of medications, eating poorly etc.) The constitutional picture isn't always very clear. Plus there are so many ways of approaching any situation. Not many homeopaths address diet and lifestyle, though it was a very important part of what Hahnemann wrote in the Organon. Sadly a large number of practitioners don't think that it's worth it because most people won't make the necessary changes for health. I just don't think that's true.

So anyway....it's a long winded way of saying I always think people should pursue homeopathy if there is an interest. Sometimes you have to peel layers before getting to the "constitution." That doesn't mean the practitioners isn't great, it just means there's alot that can confound the picture....though generally you do see progress as you go.

And yes, as classically trained as I am I don't tend to stick to dogma. I watch for what works and do my best to puzzle it out.
#16 of 414 Old 12-01-2008, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WuWei View Post
Some folks embrace sequential homeopathy also. Which, per my lay understanding, is that there are layers of homeopathic remedies, rather than ONE remedy. The opposite of classical homeopathy, I guess. But, an interesting consideration.

We've found that the deeper issues take time to unearth. Perhaps, it is in the narration, trust relationship, increased self-awareness??

Pat
Sequential Homeopathy still believes in the constitution it's just that it follows Hering's Law to get there. They try to clear miasms, traumas, and disease layers first. The last frontier is the true constitution which is obscured by inherited by all the things that have been cleared. Some Sequential Therapy advocates will tell you there are only 6 constitutions.

Then there's Sankaran's style in which there are no layers, there's just a person.

There's some homeopaths that believe that everyone needs an animal, plant and mineral.

Some use only high doses-a la Kent (this is where most classical homeopaths fall-it's actually Kentian homeopathy)

Some use only lower doses which is the English School.

There is alot of confusion as to what Classical actually refers to. It really doesn't have much to do in my mind with how the system was originally developed.

So many ways to approach it, but they all work.
#17 of 414 Old 12-02-2008, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lablover View Post
So how common is it to just not match any of the constitutional remedies? My DD has been seeing a classical homeopath for almost a year and we still haven't found hers.
The "constitutional" (more accurately called the "chronic") remedy is a goal. It's based on the idea of the "similimum" or the perfect match for the collection of important symptoms (acute or chronic). The similimum is an ideal rarely achieved in practice, but the goal is to come close and in most cases you can come pretty close. But it's a matter of perspective too. Think about the sheer number of plants, animals, and minerals in this world and then compare that to the 5000-6000 remedies in use today. So there's a much larger chance that any given person would most benefit by a remedy that doesn't exist yet. That said,you can get astoundingly close in a lot of cases. Sometimes, though, you can't. It's pretty rare, though.
#18 of 414 Old 12-02-2008, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by transformed View Post
I have a constituational, but it freaks me out and I dont know when to take it! LOL. I feel like I ALWAYS need it.

hey-my dd ate like 60 of her remedy pellets, any advice? oops. :
Don't worry about the 60 pellets, she'll be okay. A lot of kids do this since the pellets are sweet. Just be glad it was her remedy and not someone else's. Or a mix of remedies, as often happens as well.)

What makes you freak out about your remedy?
#19 of 414 Old 12-03-2008, 12:26 AM

I would love to join this thread, although I haven't yet starting seeing a homeopath. I'm shopping around right now... called one place (thanks Pat for their info), and they are WAY out of my price range. Like it would be a stretch to pay HALF of what they are charging... and that's just for the initial consult. Then they recommend followup visits every 4-6 weeks. So I still need to make some more phone calls, talk with DP about how much money we're comfortable taking out of savings to pay for this (not covered by my insurance), and then get on it!

I'm also hoping to start DD on a remedy soon, for the same reasons as Mary (although a much more severe case). DD's ped is a homeopath too, although obviously not classical. But she is covered under DD's insurance (as a MD), so that's where we'll start for her.

mama_mich - what a trip! That's very cool to hear about your experience with your remedy. I hope I have that cool of a story to tell when I get mine.

Mom to DD1 (10/07) and DD2 (3/11)
geek.gif I blog about our life with food allergies and eosinophilic disorders.
#20 of 414 Old 12-03-2008, 12:38 AM

CS, I would say one needs to budget about $500-600 for the initial consult and follow-up for the year, with frequent consultation with the homeopath.

It is worth it, in our experience. Much cheaper than doctor visits, meds, co-pays, supplements, etc.

Is that what others have experienced?

Pat

I have a blog.
#21 of 414 Old 12-03-2008, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by changingseasons View Post
DD's ped is a homeopath too, although obviously not classical. But she is covered under DD's insurance (as a MD), so that's where we'll start for her.
Some classical homeopaths are MDs, and some MDs are classical homeopaths. Are you assuming since she's an MD, or do you know for sure?

One lower-cost option if there's a homeopathic school near you is to find out if they have a teaching clinic. Costs are then much lower, as long as you're willing to have the students observe your case.

Try this link:

http://www.wholehealthnow.com/homeop...weblinks2.html
#22 of 414 Old 12-03-2008, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Some classical homeopaths are MDs, and some MDs are classical homeopaths. Are you assuming since she's an MD, or do you know for sure?

One lower-cost option if there's a homeopathic school near you is to find out if they have a teaching clinic. Costs are then much lower, as long as you're willing to have the students observe your case.
I'm just assuming she's not a classical homeopath because her primary practice is just conventional pediatrics. She's actually never brought up homeopathy in our visits (we just started seeing her), and I forgot to ask. But we're seeing her in a couple days, so I will definitely see what she says.

Thanks for that idea- I will have to look around for schools in this area. Yeah, the place I called was $600 just for the initial consult, and then $130 for followups. And there's no way in he!! I can afford that.

#23 of 414 Old 12-03-2008, 12:58 AM

Holy moly! That IS expensive. Just FYI, here is the name/number of the homeopath that comes highly recommended by DD's ND. She is expensive and not covered but certainly not $600 for the initial. I think it was closer to $300for the initial. She's an ND but I'm pretty sure she practices classical homeopathy. I need to call her again.
Dr. Krista Heron 206-522-0488

#24 of 414 Old 12-03-2008, 01:05 AM

Thanks Mary- I will give her a call. Yeah, that's more like the price that I was expecting for a first visit...

#25 of 414 Old 12-03-2008, 03:51 AM - Thread Starter

I think $500 to $600 sounds crazy for pricing really!!

Avent I think it is so cool your's isn't made yet!! What are you thinking.... an animal, rock ...like from another planet, or from a plant. My homeopath is going to prove buffalo... milk I think to be exact!!

My sons CR right now is Thuja. We all know it's just to get through this first layer. He is showing snake signs in behavior...woke me up by hissing at me the other dday!! But I think he is mimicking his Papa and not really his.

My CR is soo absolutely perfect for me. I love actually feeling like me!!! I'm not too sure I'm so comfortable having to take a second dose 6-7 mo's after the first. But I'm doing great.

I believe your symptoms are not always from this lifetime. So Avent I wonder if you got this feeling from a non-human lifetime?? It's thoughts like these that make me soo glad I do cranial sacral with my CR.

So after taking my CR my whole spiritual side has emerged like never before. Way less stiffeled than ever before. I am even taking classes now to learn how to use my ability. It has made in L O V E:

So far my major healings have been:

Love for every aspect of me.

which has facilitated accepting the fact that I have clairvoyant ability to put it simply (it's more than just that, I have a powerful kundalini running through me and can heal but don't know how yet)
Which has opened doors for me to go to school in a subject I am natrually good at. I'm in kindergarten!!

The understanding that I'm not a weirdo, pyscho, that I don't have depression or anxiety, but that I am a genius!

That Universe University is a real school!!

I am sooooooooooooooo enspired and actually just doing it!! Meaning I don't sit on my bum inspired. I am doing the things I am inspired to do.

I can balance.

And ain't no one gonna break my stride!! Ain't no one gonna hold me down!! (80's anyone? I can't get this song out of my head!!

changingseasons I can't wait to see what you get!!

"The "constitutional" (more accurately called the "chronic") remedy is a goal. It's based on the idea of the "similimum" or the perfect match for the collection of important symptoms (acute or chronic). The similimum is an ideal rarely achieved in practice, but the goal is to come close and in most cases you can come pretty close. But it's a matter of perspective too. Think about the sheer number of plants, animals, and minerals in this world and then compare that to the 5000-6000 remedies in use today. So there's a much larger chance that any given person would most benefit by a remedy that doesn't exist yet. That said,you can get astoundingly close in a lot of cases. Sometimes, though, you can't. It's pretty rare, though."

It blows my mind how many there are. Imagine someone has plutonium! It was hearing about cell phone waves and micro waves that really opened my mind to the vastness!!

Firefaery I'm very interested to hear your thoughts!!

Skimming back down I really can't imagine a deeper healing I may just "vanish"!! Maybe I'm just on healing high!!
#26 of 414 Old 12-03-2008, 11:49 AM

Lots of remedies have hissing that aren't snakes...it will be interesting to see how he progresses!

I know one homeopath that charges $1000 for the initial. I think that's insane...but there is quite a range out there. Average seems to be $250-$300 for the initial-there will always be variables. I know some students doing post graduate work that charge half that. Many will work over the phone.

Yeah...once Scholten blew the periodic table wide open it seems that the possibilities for remedies are infinite. Gases, colors, sounds....it's amazing. I've had remedies made before, and I've made some of my own too. Helios will make just about anything. They are going to be working on something for me very soon It's not for me personally...but it will be cool to see how the person responds.

DoulaMary...my dd was very firmly on the autism spectrum. On her bad days there was no language and only animal sounds along with total destruction of everything she came into contact with (toys, clothes, books etc.) She screamed all night (as in for hours at the top of her lungs.) Her remedy literally changed things withing three days. Well, withing a day but there was a period of retracing which wasn't pretty. By day 3 I felt like I had a pretty average girl. Some delays, but sweet, communicative and actually fun to be around.

Now, I really think the reason it worked so fast is that she eats an EXCELLENT diet so her nutritional foundation was great. She's also gluten, casein and soy free. The remedy had less to work against, if you know what I mean. Regardless though, we have had several experiences in this house that are nothing short of miraculous.
#27 of 414 Old 12-03-2008, 11:50 AM

DD's classical homeopath charges around $300 for the initial consult, and then follow ups range anywhere from $78 - 130 depending on how long the appt is (she charges by time). Luckily she is an MD (even though she practices homeopathy exclusively) so I am able to submit my claims to my insurance for reimbursement. It's out of network so we have to meet the $300 deductible and then they reimburse me 70%. But a lot of times if the charge is on the higher end the entire amount doesn't qualify so I get less back. And if I have to do a phone consult that is $60, which is not reimbursed.

I used another homeopath one time for myself last year that does consults over the phone. She charges $50 for acute care and I think $350 for constitutional work ($100 for followups).
#28 of 414 Old 12-03-2008, 11:51 AM

anyone interested should come to the spirituality forum and revive the homeopathy/flower essence thread as THIS is the kind of discussion I wanted to have going!
#29 of 414 Old 12-03-2008, 12:54 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
anyone interested should come to the spirituality forum and revive the homeopathy/flower essence thread as THIS is the kind of discussion I wanted to have going!
http://mothering.com/discussions/sho...d.php?t=819725

I think this is the thread FF means. I am just a lurker for now, but fascinated, just fascinated by this.
#30 of 414 Old 12-03-2008, 01:13 PM

Quote:
DoulaMary...my dd was very firmly on the autism spectrum. On her bad days there was no language and only animal sounds along with total destruction of everything she came into contact with (toys, clothes, books etc.) She screamed all night (as in for hours at the top of her lungs.) Her remedy literally changed things withing three days. Well, withing a day but there was a period of retracing which wasn't pretty. By day 3 I felt like I had a pretty average girl. Some delays, but sweet, communicative and actually fun to be around.

Now, I really think the reason it worked so fast is that she eats an EXCELLENT diet so her nutritional foundation was great. She's also gluten, casein and soy free. The remedy had less to work against, if you know what I mean. Regardless though, we have had several experiences in this house that are nothing short of miraculous.
Sorry for the OT post but...
Could you give me some links to help for kids on the spectrum? I have a friend whose son was just diagnosed and I'd like to send her some information (assuming she's willing) about dietary changes and such which may help but I have no idea what's actually useful.

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page