Why should I not take MSM-sulfur when pregnant/nursing? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 01-03-2009, 10:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just got a bottle of Jarrow MSM - sulfer, besides regretting not getting the powdered form without magnesium stearate, I feel a little concerned about the warning not to use the product while pregnant or lactating.
They did not have this warning on all of their supplements, so I investigated further, and on an MSM faq sheet it also says to not take it?
Is there a specific reason why I shouldn't? I am nursing a 2.5 year old. I don't intend to get pregnant for at least 8 months, probably more.

I am using it for inflammation, for gut health, environmental allergies.

http://www.msmguide.com/facts/faq/
Q: Can I take MSM if I am pregnant?
A: There are no known adverse side effects from use of MSM immediately prior to and during pregnancy or during breast-feeding, however use of MSM among this group is highly discouraged. Women of childbearing age who intend to become pregnant or who are pregnant or breast-feeding should always consult with their physician before taking any supplement or medication.

http://www.jarrow.com/product/251/MSM_Sulfur

Children deserve the respect of puzzling it out.
#2 of 2 Old 01-04-2009, 12:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Bump

Children deserve the respect of puzzling it out.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page