Homeopathy Support Thread - Page 11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2009, 11:01 PM
 
lil_miss_understood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Oregon
Posts: 10,563
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
All right. Here it comes.
I messed up with my dosing... and I didn't tell my ND.
He gave me 4 pellets- one dose- of my remedy. Me, being me, decided to take one on Saturday. When I spoke to him on Monday, I found out he'd given me one dose and I should have taken them all... Rather than saying "Hey, I'm an impatient sot.. what should I do now?" I just took the other 3 pellets. :
Note to self: make sure you know what you're supposed to be doing before you do it.
Gina, please don't yell at me. I don't think I can handle it today.

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
lil_miss_understood is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-14-2009, 12:04 AM
 
myjo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 758
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi Jacqueline, we met over in the allergies forum. Please don't worry too much. Homeopathy can be confusing and it's easy to make mistakes. You might have a somewhat worse aggravation than usual, but it should pass. I tend to agree with Gina about dosing, size ten pellets diluted in water is the best way to go. I don't understand why so many homeopaths give multiple pellets in one dose. If they have the prescription and potency correct, they shouldn't need more than one pellet.

I also wanted to comment on the foot callous discussion. It was interesting to me because I'm a meridian reflexology student. The location of the callouses many times indicates the location of energetic imbalances in the meridians. Regular reflexology can change that energy enough to bring healing, as can a homeopathic remedy.

Okay, time to come clean with my own confusion. As Jaqueline already knows, I have a 4 year old with asthma that is activated with each virus he contracts. This has become life threatening, and he has had to have prednisone once to save his life. As a student of homeopathy and other types of energetic medicine, this just killed me. I know how horribly suppressive steroids are. I feel like I'm between a rock and a hard place. I was so scared by his last attack that I actually got a prescription for the dread inhaled steroids. We haven't used them, and I don't know if I will as he seems somewhat better. We are going to incredible lengths to address this issue naturally, specifically through NAET and meridian reflexology. There are no classical homeopaths here, only NDs whom I do not trust with homeopathy. So we are going this other route. I am very afraid that, although these treatments are beginning to help, he may get another episode of life threatening asthma before his system is balanced enough and we will be obligated to give him more poison to save his life. Can this type of dilemma eventually be overcome with energetic therapies? I know it is very complicated to prescribe homeopathic remedies when so much suppression has taken place. I just feel awful.

Also, I wonder what your opinions are on the use of supplements. Are they all suppressive? I know megadoses are considered suppressive, but what about normal doses?
myjo is offline  
Old 02-14-2009, 12:48 AM
 
WuWei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In the moment
Posts: 11,071
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacquelineR View Post
All right. Here it comes.
I messed up with my dosing... and I didn't tell my ND.
He gave me 4 pellets- one dose- of my remedy. Me, being me, decided to take one on Saturday. When I spoke to him on Monday, I found out he'd given me one dose and I should have taken them all... Rather than saying "Hey, I'm an impatient sot.. what should I do now?" I just took the other 3 pellets. :
Note to self: make sure you know what you're supposed to be doing before you do it.
Gina, please don't yell at me. I don't think I can handle it today.

You need to tell the ND. It is totally relevant to your case.

The one pellet was fine. He only meant that you could have taken all four pellets, as one dose. Redosing TODAY was double dosing though. That is why you feel like crap today!

You better warn your husband, especially if it was 200c! And seriously get outside away from people, into the sunshine this weekend, cause you are apt to bite everyone's head off tomorrow.

By Sunday, you ought to feel spectacular, I believe. Monday at the latest. But, take some Rescue Remedy tomorrow (all day long)! And get some sleep.




Pat

I have a blog.
WuWei is offline  
Old 02-14-2009, 12:52 AM
 
momofmine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,046
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by myjo View Post
I also wanted to comment on the foot callous discussion. It was interesting to me because I'm a meridian reflexology student. The location of the callouses many times indicates the location of energetic imbalances in the meridians. Regular reflexology can change that energy enough to bring healing, as can a homeopathic remedy.
Thanks for that suggestion. I'll have to look for someone who does that. I've been thinking about some form of energetic therapy for myself too, just started CST/chiro with the kids. And I'm finding a new homeopath too. Can you do a phone consult, or is there somewhere that you could drive that's not too unreasonable for that first visit?

JR, sorry you are having such a rough time. If you feel like this is worse, I would call your homeopath back.

CS, I agree, it seems all those topical things like nystatin and clotrimazole are suppressive. How did she react to coconut? Sometimes the oil is not the same, maybe you could try a tiny bit of it on her skin and see if that helps?
momofmine is offline  
Old 02-14-2009, 12:53 AM
 
lil_miss_understood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Oregon
Posts: 10,563
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WuWei View Post
You need to tell the ND. It is totally relevant to your case.

The one pellet was fine. He only meant that you could have taken all four pellets, as one dose. Redosing TODAY was double dosing though. That is why you feel like crap today!

You better warn your husband, especially if it was 200c! And seriously get outside away from people, into the sunshine this weekend, cause you are apt to bite everyone's head off tomorrow.

By Sunday, you ought to feel spectacular, I believe. Monday at the latest. But, take some Rescue Remedy tomorrow (all day long)! And get some sleep.




Pat
To be more clear, I took the other 3 pellets on Monday after talking to my ND.
Yesterday, I felt great. Today I feel like a$$ again.

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
lil_miss_understood is offline  
Old 02-14-2009, 12:54 AM
 
ellasmama2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: near tampa, fl
Posts: 991
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
im so sorry cs and jr . i wish i had anything helpful to offer you both.
cs, your poor dd with her itching, it's so strange that it popped up since the homeopathy. i wonder why? its been so long... there's nothing else that possibly changed 2 months ago? im sure you've been over it a million times. mama.
today is dds second day of her remedy (for the second attempt) and her fever was gone all day. she was def still not herself, but so much better! so i decided to take my remedy too and i really truly felt so much happier today. now granted, dd slept better last night than she has in a week and a half at least ( remedy?!), but i really think that the remedy is making me feel better too. i was really open to it last time but when it bothered dd i just stopped it and tried here and there. now this time im goin full on with it as long as possible!
ellasmama2007 is offline  
Old 02-14-2009, 12:54 AM
 
WuWei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In the moment
Posts: 11,071
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by myjo View Post

Also, I wonder what your opinions are on the use of supplements. Are they all suppressive? I know megadoses are considered suppressive, but what about normal doses?
What about "supplement" with nutrient dense whole foods? http://heal-thyself.ning.com/forum/t...nt-dense-foods

This old thread about preventing allergies and asthma covers some of the environmental options to decrease the immune system assaults. http://www.mothering.com/discussions...46&postcount=3


Pat

I have a blog.
WuWei is offline  
Old 02-14-2009, 12:57 AM
 
WuWei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In the moment
Posts: 11,071
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacquelineR View Post
To be more clear, I took the other 3 pellets on Monday after talking to my ND.
Yesterday, I felt great. Today I feel like a$$ again.
The number of pellets is less relevant than the duration between the dosing, per my understanding. It is a "double dose" because it was "too soon" to take again. The number of pellets, not mattering. (although, Gina really doesn't want one to take more than ONE pellet, at a time.)


Pat

I have a blog.
WuWei is offline  
Old 02-14-2009, 01:00 AM
 
WuWei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In the moment
Posts: 11,071
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
CS, I wouldn't do the suppressant things, do soothing alternatives, such as the soaks, lavender, probiotics topically. Perhaps, test coconut oil topically in a clear area.

I'd call the ped again. It doesn't sound like it is better with this remedy. What are you doing for probiotics for her?


Pat

I have a blog.
WuWei is offline  
Old 02-14-2009, 01:15 AM
 
changingseasons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Seattle
Posts: 8,756
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by momofmine View Post
CS, I agree, it seems all those topical things like nystatin and clotrimazole are suppressive. How did she react to coconut? Sometimes the oil is not the same, maybe you could try a tiny bit of it on her skin and see if that helps?
Very, very bad. And it was actually coconut oil that I trialed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellasmama2007 View Post
im so sorry cs and jr . i wish i had anything helpful to offer you both.
cs, your poor dd with her itching, it's so strange that it popped up since the homeopathy. i wonder why? its been so long... there's nothing else that possibly changed 2 months ago? im sure you've been over it a million times. mama.
today is dds second day of her remedy (for the second attempt) and her fever was gone all day. she was def still not herself, but so much better! so i decided to take my remedy too and i really truly felt so much happier today. now granted, dd slept better last night than she has in a week and a half at least ( remedy?!), but i really think that the remedy is making me feel better too. i was really open to it last time but when it bothered dd i just stopped it and tried here and there. now this time im goin full on with it as long as possible!
I know- it's really annoying. I know that it was the remedy, but I don't understand why it still won't go away. Every other (allergy-induced) rash that she's had has been gone within 24 hours! :
Glad to hear that you guys are feeling better!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WuWei View Post
CS, I wouldn't do the suppressant things, do soothing alternatives, such as the soaks, lavender, probiotics topically. Perhaps, test coconut oil topically in a clear area.

I'd call the ped again. It doesn't sound like it is better with this remedy. What are you doing for probiotics for her?

Pat
I'm totally peeved at the ped right now, so I don't think calling again is a good idea. (She refused to order the element/metal hair test for DD if you didn't see my other thread). And I told her about the rash at our last appointment... and she just said to try the other antifungal and we'll check back in 2 months.

I haven't tried probiotics topically... the only probiotics that I have are some that may have traces of corn, so we haven't used them in forever. I did actually give her a sip of my water kefir (made with honey) today, so we'll see how that goes. REALLY hoping that she doesn't react to it. I think it will either really help, or really hurt.

Is lavender effective with yeast?

I think my big thing right now is that I've come to the realization (that probably everyone else had a month ago) that there isn't a way to heal it topically. I have to figure out WHY it's there... but I just made this huge speech about how I'm no longer going to be afraid of food, and I'm going to start introducing new foods in a rotation to our diet.... and the only way I know to figure this out is to take foods back out and start over from scratch.

So.... (unless anyone has any other ideas).... topical suppression, or TED again? :

Mom to DD1 (10/07) and DD2 (3/11)
geek.gif I blog about our life with food allergies and eosinophilic disorders.
changingseasons is offline  
Old 02-14-2009, 02:16 AM
 
Punchy Kaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Here there and everywhere
Posts: 1,787
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
JR-sorry you are in a bad mood. You can always vent in our DDC...

CS-have you tried emu oil topically? I agree with you, nothing is going to heal the rash topically but even a tiny bit of relief would help her. MY DS had terrible rashes that he scratched and they bled and got infected. It was on his face for everyone to see and comment about. Hopefully she will make a turn for the better soon.

We create our own reality.
Punchy Kaby is offline  
Old 02-14-2009, 02:17 AM
 
WuWei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In the moment
Posts: 11,071
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by changingseasons View Post

So.... (unless anyone has any other ideas).... topical suppression, or TED again? :
Mama, one day at a time. That is all you can do. Add nutrient dense foods. Soothe the rash. And keep her fingernails cut short.

Lavender essential oil has anti-fungal properties. (That may be why PB doesn't like it. ) You can make up a lavender essential oil spritzer bottle to apply as needed. It is oily, so you have to shake it. Maybe use an olive oil mister canister. Or add the lavender to wash cloths. Or spritz directly.

Some Rescue Remedy will help her to relax. Are you doing any magnesium? Bone broths help the gut. You know all of these things, I'm just

I made up a list of "healthiest foods" and I'm trying to get more of them into our diet on a regular basis. I KNOW the stuff, but doing it every. single. day. doesn't happen. So, the list helps to cue me, 'don't forget the vit c, lemon water, honey, zinc, liver, epsom salts, etc. etc.' At the end of the day, I may have done 1/4 of them.

You might spritz the water kefir on a small area and see if it helps. Try adding the baking soda to bath water, or dip wash cloths in baking soda water to soothe the raw sites.

When dh had the eczema on his abdomen, it took months and months for it to resolve, on classical homeopathy. Many other things improved before his skin did. :

Dh also used Florasone Homeopathic Eczema Cream "fast acting, pleasant to use, non-greasy and absorbs quickly". http://www.mothernature.com/shop/det...16#Ingredients I couldn't identify "inactive ingredients" though. Also, have you tried calendula tinture?


Pat

I have a blog.
WuWei is offline  
Old 02-14-2009, 02:22 AM
 
changingseasons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Seattle
Posts: 8,756
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yes, PB suggested the calendula ticture, and that is the only thing that has made a dent in it. It helped a LOT. But new bubbles just keep coming up through her skin... So the calendula helps it once it's at the skin surface, but that's not really the cause of the major itch I don't think- it's the new stuff coming up through the skin.

I am doing all the healthy things for me.... not so much for DD. I'm hesitant to do much except bone broth and whole foods directly.

Well, maybe the sip of kefir I gave her today will do something. OR do nothing (as in no reaction)- which would also be great. (That means that I could continue giving it to her.)

Mom to DD1 (10/07) and DD2 (3/11)
geek.gif I blog about our life with food allergies and eosinophilic disorders.
changingseasons is offline  
Old 02-14-2009, 02:25 AM
 
changingseasons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Seattle
Posts: 8,756
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I guess I'm still stuck with this question though- what, if anything, should I do considering the fact that she's on a remedy? That is whats really eating at me. It seems that anything that might give her relief would be considered suppression.

But on the other hand, I'm not sure that her remedy is doing anything any more... and I'm completely annoyed with the homeopath(ped), so there's not much I can do about it until our next appointment in 2 months.

Mom to DD1 (10/07) and DD2 (3/11)
geek.gif I blog about our life with food allergies and eosinophilic disorders.
changingseasons is offline  
Old 02-14-2009, 02:34 AM
 
kortner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: everywhere
Posts: 431
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You're welcome to : but what about clay? Topically, I mean.

The other thing I am thinking is that there seem to be some points at which you and your ped aren't seeing eye to eye - maybe you'd want to consult with your homeopath for DD? When I told the homeopath I saw that DS had seen a ND and taken a remedy - sulphur, he said, "Oh, I don't see sulphur in him at all!" (I didn't think so either.)

Jacqueline, I hope you feel better soon! I have had dishes piled around my sink since Monday, and today DH finally took out the compost (at least half of it... not the rotting pineapple on the counter or the sauerkraut detritus in a bowl with the other overflow compost)! The day before yesterday DS threw up into the basket of clean laundry and I am still playing catch-up there. And I'm not pregnant, nor do I have any walking talking children on my hands who need food prepared for them. (Well, he does say Mama, and he signs to nurse all the time). But my point was, you are far exceeding my level of productivity!!!
kortner is offline  
Old 02-14-2009, 02:37 AM - Thread Starter
 
Panserbjorne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: The Great North
Posts: 11,992
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
wow, there's A LOT going on here!

CS...if you want my opinion I think the remedy is still kicking stuff out. When you have done suppressive things in the past the body HAS to retrace and get rid of things once and for all. If you are still seeing things come up, I'd say the remedy is still doing something. Keep up with the calendula, okay? That would be my advice.
Panserbjorne is offline  
Old 02-14-2009, 02:40 AM - Thread Starter
 
Panserbjorne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: The Great North
Posts: 11,992
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kortner View Post
You're welcome to : but what about clay? Topically, I mean.

The other thing I am thinking is that there seem to be some points at which you and your ped aren't seeing eye to eye - maybe you'd want to consult with your homeopath for DD? When I told the homeopath I saw that DS had seen a ND and taken a remedy - sulphur, he said, "Oh, I don't see sulphur in him at all!" (I didn't think so either.)
that's a great idea. clay isn't suppressive at all, it is drawing. Just don't leave it on too long. You don't want it to dry on her bum.

The prescription thing is tough.....sulphur is a MAJOR polycrest and everyone has some sulphur in them! It's also possible that the previous homeopath was seeing something, prescribed sulphur and it did it's job.....hence the new practitioner didn't see it anymore!
Panserbjorne is offline  
Old 02-14-2009, 02:45 AM
 
momofmine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,046
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
When we started the SCD, I had this horribly, itchy, bumpy red rash that emerged under one arm, spread onto my breast, then emerged int he exact same way under the other arm, and onto that breast. It was so insanely itchy I couldn't sleep sometimes. But at some point, I just really knew that it was just stuff, something, trying to work it's way out. And that I needed to just let it cycle through. It didn't take two months, so I do understand your frustration though. I'd try the emu oil also (or CO if you think she would be okay with it). And keep doing the calendula tincture. I am sorry it is so frustrating. But like Pat said, just do one day at a time.
momofmine is offline  
Old 02-14-2009, 02:47 AM - Thread Starter
 
Panserbjorne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: The Great North
Posts: 11,992
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by changingseasons View Post
i know that it was the remedy, but i don't understand why it still won't go away. Every other (allergy-induced) rash that she's had has been gone within 24 hours! :
Glad to hear that you guys are feeling better!!
a new allergy rash is very different than one that has been suppressed and needs to come out!




and i told her about the rash at our last appointment... And she just said to try the other antifungal and we'll check back in 2 months.
yeah....she's an md that dabbles in homeopathy, not a homeopath! No homeopath elects to drive the rash deeper!


i haven't tried probiotics topically... The only probiotics that i have are some that may have traces of corn, so we haven't used them in forever. I did actually give her a sip of my water kefir (made with honey) today, so we'll see how that goes. Really hoping that she doesn't react to it. I think it will either really help, or really hurt.
what about honey? That's great on wounds....dunno. That's something i'd do.

is lavender effective with yeast?
very. Don't love essential oils, but it would work. In theory it could mess with the remedy though.

i think my big thing right now is that i've come to the realization (that probably everyone else had a month ago) that there isn't a way to heal it topically. I have to figure out why it's there... But i just made this huge speech about how i'm no longer going to be afraid of food, and i'm going to start introducing new foods in a rotation to our diet.... And the only way i know to figure this out is to take foods back out and start over from scratch.

so.... (unless anyone has any other ideas).... Topical suppression, or ted again? :
hugs!
Panserbjorne is offline  
Old 02-14-2009, 02:53 AM
 
changingseasons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Seattle
Posts: 8,756
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks you guys for all the suggestions. Yes, I'm definitely feeling that the ped is just dabbling in homeopathy and not truly a homeopath.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panserbjørne View Post
wow, there's A LOT going on here!

CS...if you want my opinion I think the remedy is still kicking stuff out. When you have done suppressive things in the past the body HAS to retrace and get rid of things once and for all. If you are still seeing things come up, I'd say the remedy is still doing something. Keep up with the calendula, okay? That would be my advice.
So you don't think that 2+ months is excessive to have this rash? I was fine with it for a while, because I know stuff has to come out... but I never expected it to last this long. And her eczema isn't flaring along with the diaper rash, which also makes me suspicious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panserbjørne View Post
that's a great idea. clay isn't suppressive at all, it is drawing. Just don't leave it on too long. You don't want it to dry on her bum.
Can I use that sodium bentonite that DP got the other day?

Ok- so I'm going to stop using the nystatin, not use the clotrimazole, continue using the calendula, and try some clay tomorrow. :

Mom to DD1 (10/07) and DD2 (3/11)
geek.gif I blog about our life with food allergies and eosinophilic disorders.
changingseasons is offline  
Old 02-14-2009, 03:03 AM - Thread Starter
 
Panserbjorne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: The Great North
Posts: 11,992
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'd prefer calcium, but in a pinch I think sodium is fine. Definitely put some in the bath with her!

FWIW I have had a rash on the back of my neck that is still there after about 4 years. it flared on a recent remedy (6 months ago?) and I could tell which drugs (from adolescence) were leaving my body. I had what I called a "velveteen rabbit experience." Ever since then it's been fading. Each week is better. It's clearly going. It sometimes takes time! It's often, as Pat said, the last thing to go.
Panserbjorne is offline  
Old 02-14-2009, 04:11 AM
 
lil_miss_understood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Oregon
Posts: 10,563
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WuWei View Post
The number of pellets is less relevant than the duration between the dosing, per my understanding. It is a "double dose" because it was "too soon" to take again. The number of pellets, not mattering. (although, Gina really doesn't want one to take more than ONE pellet, at a time.)


Pat
No, I understood that- the duration between dosing part, I mean. I was just clarifying since it sounded like you thought I took the second dose today and would be feeling the effects tomorrow and possibly Sunday then feeling better on Sunday or Monday. By that time-line, yesterday would've been my feel great day (which it was) but what's supposed to come after that? Am I supposed to be "feeling great" now? Or should I just take yesterday as a "bonus day" and expect to feel better soon?
My ND is not available from Friday through to Monday... So Monday is the soonest I can contact him. I do have every intention of fessing up my mess up, regardless of how stupid I feel (which is very).

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
lil_miss_understood is offline  
Old 02-14-2009, 12:29 PM
 
WuWei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In the moment
Posts: 11,071
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I think I got it. You took one pellet on Saturday, three on Monday.

You'll be fine. Some homeopaths actually dose that way, I've heard. It is fast and hard but, longer effects, I believe. You should feel good, more even keel, from now on, per my understanding.


Pat

I have a blog.
WuWei is offline  
Old 02-14-2009, 02:50 PM
 
lil_miss_understood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Oregon
Posts: 10,563
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks, Pat. Re-reading what I wrote yesterday, I just realized it sounds like I purposely double dosed. I didn't realize that's what I was doing when I took the second dose. I didn't realize even after I first posted (though I was suspicious, which is why I didn't want to fess up ). It wasn't until you answered me the first time that I was certain I'd double dosed.

CS- I hope the sodium bentonite is helping.

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
lil_miss_understood is offline  
Old 02-14-2009, 11:28 PM
 
ellasmama2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: near tampa, fl
Posts: 991
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panserbjørne View Post
I'd prefer calcium, but in a pinch I think sodium is fine. Definitely put some in the bath with her!

FWIW I have had a rash on the back of my neck that is still there after about 4 years. it flared on a recent remedy (6 months ago?) and I could tell which drugs (from adolescence) were leaving my body. I had what I called a "velveteen rabbit experience."
hmmm, velveteen rabbit experience? very interesting you just get more and more complex, dont you pb?

pb, do you think cs could give dd that other clay that you were talking about internally ( the one you always have in your bag for reactions, is it pascalate?)?
ellasmama2007 is offline  
Old 02-15-2009, 02:18 PM - Thread Starter
 
Panserbjorne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: The Great North
Posts: 11,992
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


I don't love giving sodium bentonite internally....especially for kids.

Yes, I carry pascalite.

The velveteen rabbit experience wasn't terribly complex! It was just that as we did the first drainage remedy with a new constitutional (not exactly classical) I felt meds I had been on leave. I can't explain it other than it was like a veil lifted and I became a part of the world around me. I called it the velveteen rabbit experience because it was like I became real. I could suddenly feel things I couldn't before (mainly emotions.) Everything was richer and had more depth. I was a part of things and they were affecting me.

I can't tell you how I knew it, but I called my practitioner and told her I had just cleared lithium. That was from when I was like fifteen.
Panserbjorne is offline  
Old 02-15-2009, 02:25 PM
 
momofmine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,046
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panserbjørne View Post
It was just that as we did the first drainage remedy with a new constitutional (not exactly classical) I felt meds I had been on leave.
I'm sorry if you already answered this PB, but what kind of homeopath does these drainage remedies? Is it the Heilkunst? To find one, do you just ask them if they use drainage remedies?
momofmine is offline  
Old 02-15-2009, 02:29 PM
 
momofmine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,046
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Regarding miasms, I think I am realizing something. I had strep throat repeatedly as a teen. Even after they remived my tonsils, I still continued to get sick with it. I was sick for a year and on tons of abx. After discovering that I had allergies to dairy, mold, and cats, and changing those things, I never got strep again. Later, as an adult, I was able to eat dairy again, but if I went overboard, I ended up with a full-blown sinus infection.

I always limited dairy with both my kids. My first seemed to do better without dairy as a baby, and what dairy they did have was only cheese or yogurt. Then I finally decided to take a leap and try raw milk, because of all the support and tlak about raw milk. They loved it, did great on it, and I was so excited. I felt so confident that I was feeding my kids well.

Well, about 2 months after starting the raw milk, they both got strep (at age 8 and 3), and had never had it before. I was wondering if it was related to the introduction of raw milk. BUT, is THIS what you guys are talking about with miasms???
momofmine is offline  
Old 02-15-2009, 02:30 PM - Thread Starter
 
Panserbjorne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: The Great North
Posts: 11,992
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
actually even classical homeopaths will often use drainage. The experience I described was a single remedy drainage (a remedy that matches the picture that has an affinity for a specific organ...in my case it was holy basil (ocimum sanctum) which while matching me also has an affinity to the liver. It was given in a 6C IIRC.

Clinical homeopaths are more likely to do this, but just about any homeopath is familiar with the concept.

It is clinical homeopaths that are seroyal trained that use things like the UNDA numbers. There you would have to ask. You can also just buy the manual.
Panserbjorne is offline  
Old 02-15-2009, 02:32 PM - Thread Starter
 
Panserbjorne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: The Great North
Posts: 11,992
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
momofmine...in part, yes. A miasm is an inherited imbalance or "mark" on the vital force. Anything suppressed (currently or in previous generations) is likely to show up and need to come out.
Panserbjorne is offline  
 
User Tag List

Thread Tools


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off