Homeopathy Support Thread - Page 13 - Mothering Forums
First ... 3  11  12  13 14  15  23  ... Last
Women's Health > Homeopathy Support Thread
changingseasons's Avatar changingseasons 05:00 PM 02-18-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacquelineR View Post
Don't get me wrong, I do think you should tell her. But I wouldn't feel bad about it. She wasn't doing her job *as a homeopath* (imho). If she had been addressing things *as a homeopath*, I could understand feeling badly. Since she was only addressing this problem as an allopathic pediatrician, I would have no qualms taking dd for a second opinion.
Good point- thanks.

nalo's Avatar nalo 05:21 PM 02-18-2009
Quote:
Don't get me wrong, I do think you should tell her. But I wouldn't feel bad about it. She wasn't doing her job *as a homeopath* (imho). If she had been addressing things *as a homeopath*, I could understand feeling badly. Since she was only addressing this problem as an allopathic pediatrician, I would have no qualms taking dd for a second opinion.

Yes, I completely agree.
chlobo's Avatar chlobo 05:23 PM 02-18-2009
So Adam had an awfuul night following his first dose yesterday. Even worse than usual. I hope this isn't a trend. I thought we n were supposed to get better.
changingseasons's Avatar changingseasons 05:25 PM 02-18-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by chlobo View Post
So Adam had an awfuul night following his first dose yesterday. Even worse than usual. I hope this isn't a trend. I thought we n were supposed to get better.
Maybe it's just an aggravation?

DD has been a monster since she had her new remedy yesterday. Tantrums, clingy...
lil_miss_understood's Avatar lil_miss_understood 05:27 PM 02-18-2009
Quote:
I seem to remember the first couple of nights after cs took her remedy being really bad... and, fwiw, *I* slept terribly for about 4 days following my own remedy.
momofmine's Avatar momofmine 07:50 PM 02-18-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by changingseasons View Post
He said that it's more of a miasmic (is that a word?) remedy, since she's getting the allergies passed on from both DP and I, and that it fit with the diaper rash and other tendencies she had. I said ok, but felt really weird about it. (This is my confession.) I feel like I'm cheating on DD's homeopath.
Wow, cs, that sounds awesome! He must be at least aware of the miasm thing, and PB says that's a good thing. It sounds like your DD's homeopath IS more of the MD/kinda homeopath, and it really sounds like YOUR homeopath is more "homeopathic-minded". You can always tell the ped that you're going to lay off the homeopathic stuff for a bit, and see how it goes.

I agree that it would be awkward to tell the ped you saw another homeopath, and you don't want to burn any bridges, but I'd trust your gut and go with whatever HCP feels right to you. Plus, maybe you'll find you won't even need a ped and you'll just see your homeopath for even acute stuff with your dd in the future.
changingseasons's Avatar changingseasons 09:15 PM 02-18-2009
Is is possible for DD's remedy to be affecting me? Since she got her new remedy yesterday, she's been just stuck to me. Then last night after making dinner, I got really dizzy. Room was spinning until I went to sleep. Annoying, and weird. I couldn't think of any reason for it. And today, I am just exhausted- it's getting worse as the day goes on. I felt ok this morning, but by this afternoon I can barely manage to drag myself out of this chair... I feel like there are weights tied to every part of my body. It's very weird.

The other option is that maybe my remedy is just wearing off and it's time for another dose (or I'm having some weird reaction to the orange I ate yesterday.) But usually when that happens, my mood is crazy and the first thing I notice. Today, my mood is actually pretty good, I just have NO energy whatsoever.

Today, DD has been a bundle of energy and nerves. The few times that she's let me set her down, she has gone straight for every thing in the house that she's not supposed to play with. She's like all ramped up and looking for trouble.

So what do you think? The remedy is obviously having an effect on her... but can it also be affecting me? Sorry for typos and rambling sentences.. I don't even have the energy to go back and proofread.
lil_miss_understood's Avatar lil_miss_understood 09:33 PM 02-18-2009
I can't see why it wouldn't be possible. I mean, you're still nursing her. We know that nursing moms start producing antibodies to anything their nursling is exposed to, so it makes perfect sense to me that you might be affected by her remedy.

ETA:
kortner, I keep meaning to answer you and forgetting. Regarding the mustard, that's actually why I decided to make mustard yesterday (and ketchup too). I used to "escape" into my cooking before we got hit with the food allergy/intolerance dx- usually making some kind of cookie or cake or other "treat". I've had making mustard on my to do list since October when we ran out. So, I kind of tried to kill 2 birds with one stone. Spending time in the kitchen working on a "new" recipe makes me feel better (assuming it's not a total failure) and getting something productive done is always a bonus. Add to that the fact that it would help DS1 feel happy, and it was a total winner on my "how to deal with my feeling down" wheel.
chlobo's Avatar chlobo 10:14 PM 02-18-2009
Quote:
Maybe it's just an aggravation?

DD has been a monster since she had her new remedy yesterday. Tantrums, clingy...
Why yes, it sure it aggravating. lol.

BTW, I've had no energy today either. Maybe its something with the phases of the moon or something.
ellasmama2007's Avatar ellasmama2007 12:44 AM 02-19-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by changingseasons View Post
Today, DD has been a bundle of energy and nerves. The few times that she's let me set her down, she has gone straight for every thing in the house that she's not supposed to play with. She's like all ramped up and looking for trouble.
this is exactly how dd was the first week and change on her remedy, but she is calmer yesterday and today. she was sick too though, but she obviously got tantrummy, clingy, moody, hitting after her remedy each day.

i hope your energy comes back, maybe your just worn out from all the revamping of the diet plan and detox strategizing? thats how i feel for sure
!:
changingseasons's Avatar changingseasons 01:29 AM 02-19-2009
Thanks- I'm feeling a little better after a nice hot epsom salt bath. But a little dizzy again tonight.... weird.
kortner's Avatar kortner 04:05 AM 02-19-2009
Yesterday I saw the homeopath and he gave me another, higher dose. (Dry dosing) 1M. Today I've been feeling pretty ridiculously bad (last time around I noticed no real aggravation, but I guess it took me feeling better to notice what bad feels like again!). The other thing is, he said he thought me taking the remedy would help DS - and it has, he finally started having curdy poop (before it was usually liquidy, green, mucousy, never curdy) after my first dose. Well today I had a few big bunches of beets to cook, and I put most to ferment, then steamed the rest and gave some to him (1st time). They went straight through him and he's been in such pain (5 hour transit time - ouch). Could it just be the remedy? He eats so few foods, and I was feeling so inspired by everyone's new-found rotations on the allergy board. Luckily DS is plump as can be on breastmilk alone. I've been questioning myself over everything now. (Should I look into tongue-tie more? Consider clipping? See a diff. CST?) And I feel like I can't say anything right. (Here included.) Bleargh.

Phew. Thanks for letting me vent. I hope to wake up the next morning feeling light and wonderful, like uccomama, but right now I am thinking I may need to brace myself! Last time after three days I was feeling blissful (here's hoping for your Adam, chlobo!) Thanks for the reply, JR, and it sounds like you whipped up a lot - mustard, ketchup, sloppy joe's! CS, I think it's def. possible the remedy is working on you too (though it is also possible you may just be super-drained from DD's super-energy)! I did learn that in Waldorf/Anthroposophy, they believe mother and child's 'vital force' is connected/one til at least age 3(?).
changingseasons's Avatar changingseasons 01:28 PM 02-19-2009
Sorry about the beets... I think it could be your remedy affecting him, but I would probably try beets again in a while to be sure. If it was a tablet remedy especially- those are pure lactose and they definitely bother DD when I've taken them.

That vital force connection makes total sense to me.
chlobo's Avatar chlobo 03:32 PM 02-19-2009
So yesterday Adam had a great nap - 4 hours long. Never did that before. Then he went to bed a little late and slept like CRAP.

Of course today he's his usual cheerful self but I am a WRECK. I'm tired, I've got rage feelings, I'm depressed and my back hurts. What is up with that?

And, both my blender pancakes and my uusual Banana bread both came out crappy today.

Can someone please send me some positive energy before some black hole swallows me up.
lil_miss_understood's Avatar lil_miss_understood 03:37 PM 02-19-2009
Quote:
So yesterday Adam had a great nap - 4 hours long. Never did that before. Then he went to bed a little late and slept like CRAP.

Of course today he's his usual cheerful self but I am a WRECK. I'm tired, I've got rage feelings, I'm depressed and my back hurts. What is up with that?

And, both my blender pancakes and my uusual Banana bread both came out crappy today.

Can someone please send me some positive energy before some black hole swallows me up.
Big
I know that feeling all too well.
::: <imagine that little tinkling bell magic sound here>
changingseasons's Avatar changingseasons 04:11 PM 02-19-2009
Quote:

:
kortner's Avatar kortner 05:42 PM 02-19-2009
Quote:

ellasmama2007's Avatar ellasmama2007 11:45 PM 02-19-2009
Quote:

:

today my homeopath was nice enough to take me as a phone appt because i wanted to talk with her about changin up my remedy and i couldnt possibly drive dd the hour each way to see her. i talked about feeling really down a lot lately and having a hard time keeping up hope about dds allergies. im really happy because she is so sweet and took so much time with me. she has a plan for changing my remedy some and will ship it to me. she also agreed to order the hair elements testing for us both and my insurance will cover the whole thing.
she did caution us about ingesting epsom salts and asked that we not do that. she feels that they can be toxic for some people whose dig systems are sensitive and has clients who have tried to detox their livers but wound up creating more toxicity that was difficult to remedy. she recommended green juices, beet juices and lemon juice for detoxing.
chlobo's Avatar chlobo 11:53 PM 02-19-2009
Thanks for the vibes ladies. I feel better already. Of course I'm sure a homeopathic remedy would make me feel even better. Just have to find the homeopath. lol.

Juices keep coming up. I think I am going to bite the bullet and buy a juicer. I just can't seem to make up my mind which one.
WuWei's Avatar WuWei 12:20 AM 02-20-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellasmama2007 View Post
she did caution us about ingesting epsom salts and asked that we not do that. she feels that they can be toxic for some people whose dig systems are sensitive and has clients who have tried to detox their livers but wound up creating more toxicity that was difficult to remedy. she recommended green juices, beet juices and lemon juice for detoxing.
Thanks for sharing her insight. I found this from the Epsom salt Council. http://www.epsomsaltcouncil.org/abou...gh_soaking.htm

Basically, they believe that soaking is more consistently effective. Of course, one uses more Epsom salts that way...

Pat
ellasmama2007's Avatar ellasmama2007 02:04 PM 02-20-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by WuWei View Post
Thanks for sharing her insight. I found this from the Epsom salt Council. http://www.epsomsaltcouncil.org/abou...gh_soaking.htm

Basically, they believe that soaking is more consistently effective. Of course, one uses more Epsom salts that way...

Pat
oh, i was hoping you'd weigh in on this, pat! i know what you mean about soaking, how many bags of e salts am i supposed to buy every week?. it seems like tiny pinches in water to drink would be ok, but im worried because my nd was really adamant about it. ellas ped recommends using a cup of e salts in a cup of hot water as a paste and spreading it on the skin and leaving it for a while because you get more bang for your buck. im like "sure ill just do the laundry naked, cook dh's dinner naked, etc"
WuWei's Avatar WuWei 02:09 PM 02-20-2009
*I* am adding a pinch to our water, bone broth, juice. We don't take baths generally. I take a shower and ds isn't crazy about baths either. We could do a foot soak, but that is way messy (with a child) and hard to sit still for 30 minutes. So, I figure we need the sulfate. I use Natural Calm and the bone broths for magnesium, as it is so important. And I'm going to add Epsom salts to my organic garden soil.

You CAN get too much magnesium and cause diarrhea, heart arrhythmias, uterine contractions. But, I'm just using a pinch a few times a day.

Pat
lil_miss_understood's Avatar lil_miss_understood 10:17 PM 02-20-2009
One of the really great things I've noticed since I took my remedy is that I don't have nearly as bad of brain fog (if any). I've been struggling to form complete thoughts since my thyroid tanked way back when ds2 was born... and now I can!! I can even string two thoughts together! It's awesome!! :
lablover's Avatar lablover 10:27 PM 02-20-2009
Quote:
One of the really great things I've noticed since I took my remedy is that I don't have nearly as bad of brain fog (if any). I've been struggling to form complete thoughts since my thyroid tanked way back when ds2 was born... and now I can!! I can even string two thoughts together! It's awesome!! :
That's awesome. Brain fog is one of my main issues too. I struggle to remember names and I do things like run upstairs only to stand there for a few moments while I try and remember why I came up there. So frustrating - I used to be known for being so sharp. I'm hoping the right remedy will help in that area. I'm on thyroid replacement too and am at optimal dose for TSH and T4. My T3 is probably low though.

My DD received another constitutional dose this morning. Her cheeks seemed a bit flushed today and she was extremely cranky this evening. Hoping the remedy had a part in that. We shall see.
changingseasons's Avatar changingseasons 10:35 PM 02-20-2009
Blah... I'm having SERIOUS brain fog this week too. But I just took another dose of my remedy this morning, so hopefully by tomorrow I will be thinking clearly again.

Oh- almost forgot to update - DD's diaper rash is ALMOST GONE. Her poor little labia, which have been flaming red for 2 months, are almost back to skin color. There's a little irritation still on her butt, but it's fading fast. Now I don't feel bad at all for cheating on her homeopath.
lil_miss_understood's Avatar lil_miss_understood 10:44 PM 02-20-2009
lablover, I used to be known as really sharp as well. My DH used to depend on me for everything that required memory- the last couple of years have been really hard on our relationship... we've had to redefine so much of it. Neither of us is used to this "new me", and I'm pretty sure neither of us much like her.

cs, I'm so happy for you and dd!! : I'm glad your homeopath was able to help your dd and hopefully your remedy kicks in quickly.
chlobo's Avatar chlobo 10:55 PM 02-20-2009
Ok. So I gave ds his remedy on Tues. No noticable change except that his sleep is even worse than before. How long should it take for positive changes to be noticed?
WuWei's Avatar WuWei 11:01 PM 02-20-2009
Quote:
Ok. So I gave ds his remedy on Tues. No noticable change except that his sleep is even worse than before. How long should it take for positive changes to be noticed?

He should be better, imo. I'd call or write the homeopath with an update on Monday.

Pat
WuWei's Avatar WuWei 11:02 PM 02-20-2009
Btw, where has PB disappeared to? (I'll go check WWoW. I saw her there yesterday.)

Pat
changingseasons's Avatar changingseasons 11:10 PM 02-20-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by WuWei View Post
Btw, where has PB disappeared to? (I'll go check WWoW. I saw her there yesterday.)

Pat
I was wondering the same thing! I miss PB.
First ... 3  11  12  13 14  15  23  ... Last

Up