Homeopathy Support Thread - Page 15 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#421 of 740 Old 02-28-2009, 02:08 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by changingseasons View Post
Anyway- that was really not helpful for talking you down, huh?
It's okay. I just needed to vent. Honestly, I am thinking I might cancel our next appointment. However, I do like the homeopath and feel comfortable telling him that I feel this is a waste of money and I can't afford it - especially with no obvious benefit. I keep thinking, hey, maybe things would be worse without it but I'm not sure. I have been cheating a ton with my diet because I'm a terrible mother and gluton and nights still seem to be hit or miss so I have no idea if they'd all be horrible without the remedy or not. I have two more remedies to try but I need to call the guy to ask which one I should try next. I think I am expecting too much - for me to eat anything without reaction and for DD to sleep half way decently. Like at least one 4-6 hour hunk each night. Little energetic tablets aren't going to fix our problems I don't think. I hope this vacation does me good....It's just me, DD and my mom. So my mom's vacation is to spend all her time with DD and give me a break. Yeah!

Still a sleepy mama to my fabulous 2 year old girl
#422 of 740 Old 02-28-2009, 02:13 AM

That does sound like a nice break. I am totally jealous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalo View Post
I have two more remedies to try but I need to call the guy to ask which one I should try next.
And now I'm confused. How many remedies did he give you??? And why so many?

Mom to DD1 (10/07) and DD2 (3/11)
geek.gif I blog about our life with food allergies and eosinophilic disorders.
#423 of 740 Old 02-28-2009, 03:36 AM

Well, we started with nux vomica 200c. Didn't notice much so we tried calc carb 30c for 3 doses a few weeks later. Had a great night the first night she got that but didn't see much else happening. So....he sent me another dose of calc carb, only 200c one dose to try. That's the most recent thing she has taken. When he sent that dose he also sent two other remedies to hold onto just so I'd have them in case he wanted me to try them with her. I need to call him and check in. I have no idea if he'll want me to try one of them or just hang tight for a while. Dunno...

#424 of 740 Old 02-28-2009, 06:30 PM

Nalo, do you have mercury fillings in your teeth? I remember FF/PB/SB saying that mercury can shorten the duration of effectiveness of homeopathy. (or something like that)

Pat

I have a blog.
#425 of 740 Old 02-28-2009, 06:38 PM

nalo
I can't remember the exact ratio, but remember that the general rule of homeopathy is that it will take about 1/8th the time to heal as the dis-ease has been in place... I don't know if you would count womb time for an infant or not for miasmic dis-eases.

I was wondering, I know that emotions are the first thing to "shift" with homeopathy but... After talking on the Allergies chat thread, I realized that my moods seem to be going in a cycle... One day sad, 2 days mad, 2 days okay, 2 days wonderful (approximation, of course... I'm not certain that it's *exactly* 2 days for each and it could be 2 days sad too.. but general gist). Before I took my remedy, I was generally just mad all the time, so it *is* an improvement, just wondering if it's a common phase shift, so to speak.

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
#426 of 740 Old 02-28-2009, 08:55 PM

changingseasons - My homeopath has given me the same size/amt. in a packet for both 200c and 1M, followed by a daily dry dose of 20x (which I read here and elsewhere is not ordinary or preferable). I haven't asked him about it further because he is actually way way under charging me for my appt.s and I am totally trusting his expertise.

nalo - is it just your DD who is getting homeopathy? DS is not getting any directly, just through me!, and I've seen a big change in his digestion. If I hadn't, I might be questioning the effectiveness of the remedy too because I am still up and down and all around.

Jacqueline - I have not been paying as close attention, but I am definitely having similar reactions. First irritated, then sad, then woozy/out-of-body-ish, then more easy-going.... something like that. And a whole lot more organized and able to be okay with things NOT being organized too.

So I think I'm on an upswing. At least, I'm not as irritable and grumpy as last weekend! I've been reading 'Impossible Cure: The Promise of Homeopathy' by Amy Lansky, and it's been pretty interesting. Her son's autism was cured with homeopathy and she subsequently became a homeopath (and author!).
#427 of 740 Old 02-28-2009, 10:14 PM

Well I'm a little discouraged. It's been a week since I emailed the homeopath about the remedy making Adam sleep terribly & she still hasn't gotten back to me. What's up with that? I have no idea if I should continue with the one I have or not. Sheesh. Not feeling the love.

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
#428 of 740 Old 03-01-2009, 01:39 AM

to answer questions...

no, I do not have any silver fillings left - they have all been replaced over time and they had all been replaced long before I conceived.

DD is getting the remedy directly and i am not working with the homeopath for myself.

NEW QUESTION...

just posted a new thread in h and h but we are on vacation and DD has a fever with shivering. it just came on during this sleep so we'll see how she is in the morning but any advice? we have oscillo and the Hyland's kit with us, along with echinacea.

#429 of 740 Old 03-01-2009, 04:31 PM

Here is some info about fevers: http://www.mothering.com/discussions...r#post13249226

Pat

I have a blog.
#430 of 740 Old 03-01-2009, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chlobo View Post
Well I'm a little discouraged. It's been a week since I emailed the homeopath about the remedy making Adam sleep terribly & she still hasn't gotten back to me. What's up with that? I have no idea if I should continue with the one I have or not. Sheesh. Not feeling the love.
Oh man.. that's not cool at all. I would be seriously annoyed. Can you call her?

kortner- yeah, my homeopath charges WAY less than anyone in the area, and hasn't charged me any extra for talking about DD and getting her a remedy too, so I'm sticking with him for now.

Wow- I took that new higher dose of my remedy and omg the shtf last night. DP and I got in a little argument, and I just LOST IT. Like really bad. It was not a good day. Feeling much better today though. My eczema, which had really flared up, is now fading really quickly.

DD's diaper rash is almost gone again too! And she seems to be getting through her last reaction pretty quickly. Of course I'm using clay in her baths and just started giving her vitamin C directly, so I'm sure those are helping too. But the remedies are doing *something*...

#431 of 740 Old 03-01-2009, 05:56 PM

Quote:

Wow- I took that new higher dose of my remedy and omg the shtf last night. DP and I got in a little argument, and I just LOST IT. Like really bad. It was not a good day. Feeling much better today though. My eczema, which had really flared up, is now fading really quickly.
I try to plan to take my remedy when dh is out of town or out for the evening, so we have a day of space. For his own protection.

Pat

I have a blog.
#432 of 740 Old 03-01-2009, 06:01 PM

Quote:
I don't know why, but I have this vision of you and your DH in my head and you're really petite (in my head) and your DH's a rather large Native-y looking guy.... The idea of you losing it on him, therefor, gives me a really funny mental image.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WuWei View Post
I try to plan to take my remedy when dh is out of town or out for the evening, so we have a day of space. For his own protection.
That's such a good idea...
I have a one room "shed" (heated but no plumbing).... Hmm....

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
#433 of 740 Old 03-01-2009, 09:01 PM

Quote:

Pat
That is a good idea. Next time I will know better...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacquelineR View Post
I don't know why, but I have this vision of you and your DH in my head and you're really petite (in my head) and your DH's a rather large Native-y looking guy.... The idea of you losing it on him, therefor, gives me a really funny mental image.
That's hilarious. We are almost exactly the same size (even down to our shoes.) And I'm not so petite...

#434 of 740 Old 03-01-2009, 09:14 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
I'm so sorry it's been so frustrating!

You know, a few times I've had things like that, and sometimes, it's that the person who was supposed to get back to me honestly didn't see my email or get my voice mail. Maybe it's that simple? Call, leave a message, mention that you emailed and you haven't heard back.
#435 of 740 Old 03-01-2009, 11:55 PM

We ran into a friend at the grocery store today. She gave me the number for a classical homeopath in the city. I'd kind of like to call her but... my remedy from my ND seems to be doing good things (imo) so I'm just going to stick with him for now. He's been a good doctor.

#436 of 740 Old 03-02-2009, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanyaLopez View Post
I'm so sorry it's been so frustrating!

You know, a few times I've had things like that, and sometimes, it's that the person who was supposed to get back to me honestly didn't see my email or get my voice mail. Maybe it's that simple? Call, leave a message, mention that you emailed and you haven't heard back.
The day I emailed she responded that she was going to look at his case again. Haven't heard from her since. A week ago. Quite annoying.

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
#437 of 740 Old 03-02-2009, 05:41 PM

Quote:
The day I emailed she responded that she was going to look at his case again. Haven't heard from her since. A week ago. Quite annoying.
Send another note.

Pat

I have a blog.
#438 of 740 Old 03-02-2009, 06:24 PM

Pat -
So how long was the process for your husband - for him to get to the point of really feeling healed? Just curious - I love to hear success stories.
#439 of 740 Old 03-02-2009, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lablover View Post
Pat -
So how long was the process for your husband - for him to get to the point of really feeling healed? Just curious - I love to hear success stories.
Ah, he comes up with new issues. But, the allergies and asthma took about a year.

Pat

I have a blog.
#440 of 740 Old 03-02-2009, 10:55 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Pat, I forgot to say Thanks! on asking your CH about Karl Robinson. It gave me some reassurance, I want to get through this week (house we're selling is due to close Wednesday, minor snag but I think we will still close on-time) and then I can think a bit more about the future. But I think I'll call and see what his prices are (I'm a bit concerned about this, but it really seems like the right time to do this--I think it's possible my husband finally had a bad reaction after eating gluten, it's been 20 mos gfcf and he didn't feel better at all, or feel bad if he cheated and had gluten, til I think possibly this weekend, which seems like a good sign to me . So anyway, point was, Thanks!
#441 of 740 Old 03-02-2009, 11:20 PM

Hey all. I've been gone for a few days. I'm going to try and catch up now.
#442 of 740 Old 03-02-2009, 11:25 PM

Quote:

Maybe making a website is a different skill set than homeopathy.

Pat
HA! I'll say that's 100% true. I am still trying to navigate healthyself.
#443 of 740 Old 03-03-2009, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnambula View Post
Hey all. I've been gone for a few days. I'm going to try and catch up now.
That is so weird. When I opened this thread, I thought, 'Where did FF/PB/SB go again? Locked out of your account?' And here you are when I started to read. I manifested you twice now.

Pat

I have a blog.
#444 of 740 Old 03-03-2009, 02:03 AM

Quote:
That is so weird. When I opened this thread, I thought, 'Where did FF/PB/SB go again? Locked out of your account?' And here you are when I started to read. I manifested you twice now.

Pat
So weird. I was thinking that exact thought today, even the "ff/pb/sb". Hey- you're back just in time to see our Hair Element results! (in the Nancy Drew thread)

#445 of 740 Old 03-03-2009, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanyaLopez View Post
Pat, I forgot to say Thanks! on asking your CH about Karl Robinson.
I missed this yesterday. He has a GREAT reputation. If I had access to him I wouldn't hesitate....not for a second. In fact he's up there on my list in terms of who I want to study with. Keep us updated!!!! I'm jealous.
#446 of 740 Old 03-03-2009, 11:27 AM

Quote:
So weird. I was thinking that exact thought today, even the "ff/pb/sb". Hey- you're back just in time to see our Hair Element results! (in the Nancy Drew thread)
OOOOOOOOO, neat! I am running out the door, but I will be back! You sound excited though, so I'm guessing they were helpful!
#447 of 740 Old 03-03-2009, 11:28 AM

Quote:
I manifested you twice now.

Pat
I'll be the object of your manifestation any day! You're really good at it!
#448 of 740 Old 03-03-2009, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnambula View Post
I'll be the object of your manifestation any day! You're really good at it!

funny, I read this after my last PM.

Pat

I have a blog.
#449 of 740 Old 03-03-2009, 02:51 PM

I just read something that would normally make me livid and I'm more like "Yeah. They're jerks."

#450 of 740 Old 03-03-2009, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacquelineR View Post
I just read something that would normally make me livid and I'm more like "Yeah. They're jerks."
So is that progress?

The homeopath finally got back to me. We are gong to try Adam on a lower dose of the remedy more frequently.

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page