Homeopathy Support Thread - Page 17 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#481 of 740 Old 03-05-2009, 03:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnambula View Post
yes, the silica was also a tissue salt (6X)
http://www.1-800homeopathy.com/topic...productid=SILC

As to your ND...generally when you start taking a remedy you want to control the number of variables to determine what the remedy is responsible for. I understand that. It can be a pain but for what it's worth if the other two are already in the mix....well, I dunno. Does she know she's on the others? What does she think about that?

I think perhaps you should sit with it and read up on it and see how you feel. My feeling would be if you weren't doing the others to just let the remedy work. It could, on it's own perhaps shift things. It won't provide nutrition, but it will allow her body to access it if it is there. The salts actually supply nutrition. So do many other things though. Up to you, mama!
i told my nd that dd was on the calc phos and she seemed ok with it, but recommended not to try any more just yet. but then i read your post again about the other two and talked to mt. mama and i decided to start dd on the calc fluor. today, i just went out and got the silica and will give it to her when she wakes up from her nap. i know that dd was benefitting greatly from just the calc carb - i could tell immediately. but if that remedy is energetic and the cell salts are nutritional, then *to me* it really makes sense to give her the nutrients and an increased ability to access them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chlobo View Post
I'm thinking of trying these aas well. Adam only has 6 teeth and they don't look that great. So maybe it would help.
after starting ella on the first two and seeing how fast her teething pattern changed, i would really recommend trying them, mama. there was definitely an adjustment period (only behavioral stuff though), but i kept giving them to dd anyway and reaffirming to her how good they were for her and she got over it. she loves them and asks for them. she takes the tablets herself and puts them into her mouth like a big girl.

JR, im so sorry about your bh. that can feel so scary! , mama
#482 of 740 Old 03-05-2009, 07:52 PM

I think I'll have actual results (or maybe the lack thereof) to add to the thread soon. I was really thrilled to get good recs on Dr. Robinson, I called, and had a flash of the obvious. He's really good, the kids are I think fairly straightforward, how about I see if he sees kids (yep, and his fee schedule for both adults and kids is very reasonable, not crazy-high like I was fearing). So, my husband's got a Monday appointment and the kids are Wednesday (mid-afternoon, so naptime, but they'll be okay without a nap).
#483 of 740 Old 03-05-2009, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacquelineR View Post
I want tea with lemon and honey.
Green tea.

Pat

I have a blog.
#484 of 740 Old 03-05-2009, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanyaLopez View Post
I think I'll have actual results (or maybe the lack thereof) to add to the thread soon. I was really thrilled to get good recs on Dr. Robinson, I called, and had a flash of the obvious. He's really good, the kids are I think fairly straightforward, how about I see if he sees kids (yep, and his fee schedule for both adults and kids is very reasonable, not crazy-high like I was fearing). So, my husband's got a Monday appointment and the kids are Wednesday (mid-afternoon, so naptime, but they'll be okay without a nap).
You go girl! HOpe it goes well. I'd give my left nut for a good homeopath.

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
#485 of 740 Old 03-05-2009, 08:33 PM

Oh, Tanya! That's so exciting! I needed a smile today. Thank you. I can't wait to hear all about it.
#486 of 740 Old 03-06-2009, 08:57 PM

Wow, this remedy of mine is GOOD. I just spent all week with my mother (just dropped her off at the airport!) and I'm not completely pulling my hair out. I was getting slightly annoyed with her by today, but usually after about 48 hours I am completely exhausted and a bear to be around. And this was 5 days! Wow.

Mom to DD1 (10/07) and DD2 (3/11)
geek.gif I blog about our life with food allergies and eosinophilic disorders.
#487 of 740 Old 03-07-2009, 08:58 AM

Tanya,
I am so excited for you! :

That sounds awesome, and you got in quick too! Keep us posted!!
#488 of 740 Old 03-09-2009, 07:03 PM

Two more days.
Tired, sad, bored, unmotivated today. Can't nap though (no reason just that I *can't*). Annoyed. Crabby. Did I mention whiny?

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
#489 of 740 Old 03-09-2009, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Two more days.
Tired, sad, bored, unmotivated today. Can't nap though (no reason just that I *can't*). Annoyed. Crabby. Did I mention whiny?

:

:

:

Pat

I have a blog.
#490 of 740 Old 03-09-2009, 09:16 PM

Jacqueline, I'm sorry it's been a stressful day.

My husband got home from the homeopath's office, and I am bemused. I guess I expected that it was sorta automatic, if you go to a classical homeopath, you'll get a constitutional (unless you are working on a more specific issue/concern that you think will be changing and need follow-up). He got a remedy for his blood pressure.

Which is especially interesting because it was 20 pts higher today than it's ever been before--so I do think his BP needs attention at this point, but it's not at all what I was expecting. And given his family history and his weight, it's been surprising that it's been fairly normal all this time. But just not what I was expecting. He was told to take 3 pellets of something every day and go back in a month.

And he was told to make an appointment with our doctor for bloodwork, thyroid stuff among others.

But we got validation that moving away to a new city (a less humid one) and finding DH a job he doesn't hate are both really important. He thinks that's what we need to do to make my DH feel better, and since we were already working on those, I guess it's nice to get encouragement from someone outside.

All in all, odd. Now I'm really wondering how the appointment on Wednesday will go for the kids.
#491 of 740 Old 03-09-2009, 09:21 PM

That is odd. Maybe the homeopath thought that the bp issue was urgent and he needed to get it down before doing anything else??

JR- I totally missed your post somehow.

#492 of 740 Old 03-09-2009, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Jacqueline, I'm sorry it's been a stressful day.

My husband got home from the homeopath's office, and I am bemused. I guess I expected that it was sorta automatic, if you go to a classical homeopath, you'll get a constitutional (unless you are working on a more specific issue/concern that you think will be changing and need follow-up). He got a remedy for his blood pressure.

Which is especially interesting because it was 20 pts higher today than it's ever been before--so I do think his BP needs attention at this point, but it's not at all what I was expecting. And given his family history and his weight, it's been surprising that it's been fairly normal all this time. But just not what I was expecting. He was told to take 3 pellets of something every day and go back in a month.

And he was told to make an appointment with our doctor for bloodwork, thyroid stuff among others.

But we got validation that moving away to a new city (a less humid one) and finding DH a job he doesn't hate are both really important. He thinks that's what we need to do to make my DH feel better, and since we were already working on those, I guess it's nice to get encouragement from someone outside.

All in all, odd. Now I'm really wondering how the appointment on Wednesday will go for the kids.
Thank you both (Pat and Tanya) for the love. I think it's just a tired thing. I'm still not caught up on my sleep from DS2 being sick.
That is kind of odd that he got a remedy for his blood pressure... Maybe that was just the easiest way for the homeopath to explain it to him? Or maybe he only communicated about that need in particular?
I hope your expectations are met on Wednesday.
Hey. I just realized your kids' appointment and mine are the same day.

ETA: Thanks, cs, too.

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
#493 of 740 Old 03-09-2009, 10:16 PM

Quote:
That is kind of odd that he got a remedy for his blood pressure... Maybe that was just the easiest way for the homeopath to explain it to him? Or maybe he only communicated about that need in particular?
That sounds more sensible. Treating his blood pressure acutely seems odd. But, it is more likely that he was told "this will help your blood pressure" and he interprets that as "for my blood pressure". Relieving stress will help his blood pressure.

I find the homeopath 'creates intentions' with her advice. Along the lines of 'you will feel better now' and we believe it. And it becomes true (because we believe it? or because she told us we would? or the remedy helps? or we are helped by feeling heard? or we shift something due to the telling of our story? or ???)

Pat

I have a blog.
#494 of 740 Old 03-09-2009, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WuWei View Post
That sounds more sensible. Treating his blood pressure acutely seems odd. But, it is more likely that he was told "this will help your blood pressure" and he interprets that as "for my blood pressure". Relieving stress will help his blood pressure.

I find the homeopath 'creates intentions' with her advice. Along the lines of 'you will feel better now' and we believe it.
I asked my husband, because I wondered if the remedy would treat the BP _and_ make him feel better, and he was told pretty clearly that it was for his blood pressure, which since it's blood pressure, doesn't make him feel bad (that whole silent killer thing). He didn't think to ask what the pellets were, I'm not sure he realizes there are a finite, but long, list of homeopathic remedies out there to choose from.

And the other odd thing about this experience is that we didn't know his BP was high til today. I've been surprised it hasn't been, but it hasn't til today (well, who knows about last week or last month, but this is the first time it's ever been measured as high).

But if this works for his blood pressure, cool! And I almost think, given the daily dosing schedule, that that sounds more acute than anything else. Doesn't it seem like the way you'd treat an acute situation, rather than a constitutional-type thing?
#495 of 740 Old 03-09-2009, 10:53 PM

Okay, so with more discussion, DH says that he was also told that these pills would make him feel better. I'm not quite so confused. Although it was an hour into the appointment before they even checked his BP, so neither of us knows what prompted that.

Maybe homeopaths are used to new people coming for very specific problems? Cause it's not like my husband is the pinnacle of health, and we know we have circumstances to change in our lives to make him happier, all I was looking for was essentially a boost along in the healing process.
#496 of 740 Old 03-09-2009, 11:20 PM

Hugs to everyone who needs them!

Tanya, I was going to guess that his remedy is likely his simillimum, but that it has bloodpressure issues as a keynote. I think he likely wanted your dh to know that he saw it as a problem, was addressing it but being homeopathic it was also chosen in the context of his case. There are many remedies *like* that....specific affinities for certain organs or tissues but also address the totality of symptoms.

I honestly didn't bat an eyelash at your original post. (My thought was actually, "I don't think her dh brought home all the info. ) Turns out you did get it out of him, so he did! He just isn't as used to homeopathy discussions as you are. I'm sure being used to mainstream medicine as we all are in the beginning he focused on the medicine for the condition. I think the homeopath probably, as Pat alluded may have meant for that to happen. It's easier to let people know you are addressing their specific concerns than trying to explain an energy medicine that is going to affect their entire being.
#497 of 740 Old 03-09-2009, 11:27 PM

Hey SB! I'm glad you're back. Hope this week is going better for you.

I have a question about the cell salts. I bought some silica, and I remember you saying that DD might tolerate it better in water (because of the lactose). Should I just dissolve a pellet in a glass of water for her? How often should I give it?

#498 of 740 Old 03-09-2009, 11:36 PM

hey! I would probably put a few in water (maybe an ounce) and do that around 4 times a day. enjoy!
#499 of 740 Old 03-10-2009, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by changingseasons View Post
Hey SB! I'm glad you're back. Hope this week is going better for you.

I have a question about the cell salts. I bought some silica, and I remember you saying that DD might tolerate it better in water (because of the lactose). Should I just dissolve a pellet in a glass of water for her? How often should I give it?
yeah that!

and, i tried dd with the silica and she doesnt tol it. im so disappointed but thank goodness she tols the calc phos and calc fluor.
#500 of 740 Old 03-11-2009, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellasmama2007 View Post
yeah that!

and, i tried dd with the silica and she doesnt tol it. im so disappointed but thank goodness she tols the calc phos and calc fluor.
Oh that's a bummer! I think I'm going to try it for DD tomorrow.

I wonder why she tolerates the others but not the silica??

#501 of 740 Old 03-11-2009, 10:12 AM

Sonnambula, good to hear that this wasn't quite as odd as I was thinking at first. And interestingly, my husband is sleeping in a bit this morning with a headache, which he also had all day yesterday--for years he got headaches almost every day. They've been all but gone since chiro visits a couple years ago, so this is unexpected. I'm going to see if it started Monday after his appointment.

He's starting to wonder about all this--I think feeling bad eating gluten is a sign of him getting better (vs nothing ever making him feel better or worse), I think the increase in his BP is odd, but I'm wondering if his adrenals are a bit better so that's not masking what should have been a long-standing BP problem, and now a headache after his homeopathic pills. Good thing he knows I love him.
#502 of 740 Old 03-11-2009, 03:39 PM

So DS has some down with a cold and I wanted to know do I give him his Pulsatilla (which totally is his remedy because of his personality) or Belladonna because it describes more of what his fever symptoms are like? Or do I give both?

Laura~ wife to my stuntman, Stig, mama to Gavin Rutgar reading.gif(4) and now Wyatt Andreas (1) and 2 little angel1.gif.

#503 of 740 Old 03-11-2009, 06:30 PM

Well, I just got back from my appointment for the kids. Um, not terribly helpful, he really only wants to see really sick people. I thought all classical homepaths wanted to give out constitutional remedies; he doesn't do that. He was sorta intrigued by D's walking in circles (counterclockwise, I had to think to remember that), he even did it a bit in the office. I guess it's too normal for me to see as anything that odd, given what I know of our background. Anyway, he gave us some calc carb and wants to know if the circle walking is still there in a month. I don't think follow-up will be that helpful though, but it was an interesting perspective.
#504 of 740 Old 03-11-2009, 06:53 PM

weird. I thought the same thing! Did you ask him about getting a constitutional? Sorry your appointment wasn't very productive.

#505 of 740 Old 03-11-2009, 07:14 PM

That sounds really strange, Tanya.
I just got back from my appointment with my ND. He is encouraged by what's been happening with me since I took my remedy (as am I) and is keeping me on the same one. I still don't know what it is, but that's okay. I was going to ask but just kept putting it off. It doesn't really matter so long as it's working, right?
I mentioned that about 2 days after taking the remedy, I started craving coffee. He laughed and said that was "kind of warped" (coffee is the one thing he told me to avoid). I asked about Rescue Remedy and he said he wouldn't suggest taking it while on a constitutional. But now I know he carries it! There's also an herb store in town which he recommended to me for getting tea making stuff (read: herbs). I knew about it, but thought I'd ask his opinion.
Anyway, so I just took my remedy about half an hour ago. Should I tell DH to evacuate to the bomb shelter now or later?

#506 of 740 Old 03-11-2009, 07:41 PM

lol- good luck JR. Or I guess good luck to your DH.

k9sarchik - I'm not sure that any of our local experts are around these days to answer your question. Do you know that pulsatilla is his constitutional remedy, or are you just guessing based on his personality? Unless that's been prescribed as his constitutional, I would probably go with the belladonna if it matches the acute symptoms. (That's my totally non-professional opinion. )

#507 of 740 Old 03-11-2009, 08:18 PM

Yes Pulsatilla is his constitutional remedy.

Laura~ wife to my stuntman, Stig, mama to Gavin Rutgar reading.gif(4) and now Wyatt Andreas (1) and 2 little angel1.gif.

#508 of 740 Old 03-11-2009, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by changingseasons View Post
weird. I thought the same thing! Did you ask him about getting a constitutional? Sorry your appointment wasn't very productive.
That's the odd thing, when he asked why we were there, I said I wanted constitutional remedies for the kids. And he doesn't do that. I mean-- I think if I'd pressed, he would've spent some time on it, but I was trying to figure out what he does do, and have I misunderstood, and all that. So I didn't press, maybe I should've, but I think he sort of already thought this was a waste of time, though he did listen and ask questions and come up with something for my son (not really sure what it's going to do, I guess I'll just watch and see if anything changes).
#509 of 740 Old 03-11-2009, 09:58 PM

Quote:
That's the odd thing, when he asked why we were there, I said I wanted constitutional remedies for the kids. And he doesn't do that. I mean-- I think if I'd pressed, he would've spent some time on it, but I was trying to figure out what he does do, and have I misunderstood, and all that. So I didn't press, maybe I should've, but I think he sort of already thought this was a waste of time, though he did listen and ask questions and come up with something for my son (not really sure what it's going to do, I guess I'll just watch and see if anything changes).
Tanya,

I'm so sorry it didn't go well. I know how frustrating that can be. I'm still looking for the holy grail myself.

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
#510 of 740 Old 03-11-2009, 11:43 PM

tanya, im sorry, thats kindof a bummer. it stinks when you go in hoping that theyll hit you with everything they know, and instead you dont get much of anything at all.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page