Homeopathy Support Thread - Page 25 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#721 of 740 Old 11-21-2009, 03:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
and I certainly am not prescribing or telling you to do this, but as I said an aqueous dose of the same potency, or taking a lower potency can generally stop this-for anyone else who has experienced something similar. So if nat mur 200C sent you off the deep end more likely than not nat mur 30C can slow things down. I have also had success just taking that potency, putting it in water and succussing it. That said, I rarely BOTHER to do it. It all works it's way out in the end, but if I were terribly uncomfortable (has certainly happened) I would.
#722 of 740 Old 11-21-2009, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panserbjørne View Post
and I certainly am not prescribing or telling you to do this, but as I said an aqueous dose of the same potency, or taking a lower potency can generally stop this-for anyone else who has experienced something similar. So if nat mur 200C sent you off the deep end more likely than not nat mur 30C can slow things down. I have also had success just taking that potency, putting it in water and succussing it. That said, I rarely BOTHER to do it. It all works it's way out in the end, but if I were terribly uncomfortable (has certainly happened) I would.
Interesting. I think I'm cool riding this one out, but that certainly is good to know for the future!

Mom to DD1 (10/07) and DD2 (3/11)
geek.gif I blog about our life with food allergies and eosinophilic disorders.
#723 of 740 Old 11-21-2009, 11:14 PM

I havent read much of the 37 pages, but I thought I would ask other homeopathy mamas about this.
My 2 yr old dd has terrible allergies and get very bad diaper rashes and rashes all over her body when she eats any allergens. Last week I gave her a lacasis 1m and followed up with a lacasis 30c yesterday morning. Today she has one of the worst diaper rashes but I fed her nothing out of the blue. I am really strict about what she eats now. Does this sound like a reaction from the remedy?
She is also an emothinal mess for the last couple of days wanting a hug all day long and then crying, and really lovey towards baby brother. Sure she loves hugs, but it is way over the top. I wonder if it is something the remedy is doing or just her age?
#724 of 740 Old 04-06-2010, 12:32 AM

How are things everyone?

Bluebirdmama- How did everything work out. To me it sounded like the remedy was pushing the stuff out. Finding her constitutional remedy would do wonders!!

As an update. We gave Mason Pulsatilla 1m (I think was the potency) for his constitutional remedy. It was a rough couple of weeks after he took it. I was almost afraid he was proving the remedy but he is a whole new boy now. His vitality is awesome and instead of catching something and staying sick for the entire season he would clear up.

I just took another dose of my remedy at a 50m potency. I finally found the right dose!! It is rocking!! Things are moving and pictures are changing. I had a really heavy duty aggravation with my noni. I feel like this dose has finally pushed it all the way out of my system! I have left my lame controling husband Got a job and am settling into life as a single Mom. All in the matter of 5 months I have gone from a stay at home mom. To a working Mom. To a single working Mom. Mason and I are tired!! I am excited for it all to feel normal. I have completed another year of my psychic studies, start the next round of classes next month and will return to college in the Fall.
#725 of 740 Old 04-06-2010, 01:19 PM

mama_mich-so happy to hear you are feeling better, your whole post sounds positive! What a big life change you have gone through!

We create our own reality.
#726 of 740 Old 05-05-2010, 08:40 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
I'm only on page 2 of this 37-page thread, but I intend to read it all. DS has eczema. He also is not gaining weight. He has an appointment with a homeopath in two weeks. Maybe I will get through this thread by then, and over the following weeks/months, be able to share a positive story.

Andrea , child of God, wife of Tim , mama of L, B, J, J

I'm a Younique Presenter. Come check it out!!
Want to get paid daily and start earning as soon as 24 hours after sign up? Join my team!
#727 of 740 Old 05-31-2010, 10:20 PM

I'm really enjoying this thread (I'm just on page 10, lol) and DS had an appointment w/ a homeopath on the 19th (for his eczema). I gave him the assigned remedy this morning (he was on antibiotics and the homeopath wanted him to be off of them for a few days before giving him the remedy). At the appointment, I asked about antidoting since I'd seen it mentioned in this thread. She talked briefly about coffee and mint.

So anyway, I gave DS his remedy this morning, a few pellets straight into his mouth. No problems. Then sometime in the early afternoon, I wanted some ice cream. We have three different kinds of ice cream in the freezer, a dark cherry one, a pecan praline one, and a mint one. And which one did I pick? The mint one, of course (one of the ingredients is mint extract). I totally wasn't even thinking about it and didn't realize what I'd done until a few hours later. I emailed my CH and let her know what happened and all she said was that hopefully it would be OK.

Gah I feel like such an airhead.

(I'm also going to post this in its own thread since I just noticed there's been no activity in this thread in nearly a month, since I last posted, lol.)

Want to get paid daily and start earning as soon as 24 hours after sign up? Join my team!
#728 of 740 Old 06-01-2010, 12:22 PM - Thread Starter

Andrea,
I think you should be fine! I wouldn't worry too much about it. I really believe it's very rare for something like that to antidote. Now using peppermint essential oil may be a different story, but ice cream? I don't think so. Hopefully all goes well!
#729 of 740 Old 06-07-2010, 01:15 AM

To any one knowledgable abt homeopathy who might be subbed to this thread or otherwise see this, i would like to ask for your help over in my tapeworm thread which is supposed to be a pinworm thread.

thank you, gila
#730 of 740 Old 10-10-2010, 10:12 PM

Hello Everyone!

I've wanted to post here since the beginning of this thread, but didn't because I didn't have a constitutional remedy. A couple of months ago, I got one, along with my two boys. Panserbjorne is my homeopath. She figured out one for myself and my youngest, and helped support me with the one I picked out for my oldest

It has been an interesting road - kind of slow and not totally believing things were working, and then times they are clearly working.
I think part of it has been approaching this as embracing a rebalancing of our bodies, rather than a quick fix for our major acute issues (food allergies), when my attitude is here, that is when I feel good.

So what's been up??
Well honestly, my brain has been in other places, I focused hard on flower essences for a while and then cell salts for a long time. I've been amazed by both, and will one day write up some stories about them.

My oldest const remedy is thuja. He has been on it the longest, maybe since early spring? Ive seen the most improvement, albeit subtle, from him. He is my emotionally unstable guy, and I keep on being amazed by how even he has gotten and mature. I know part of it is with the use of nutritional therapy and flower essences, but I know the remedy is working. There have been times that he has accidentally been exposed to his allergens and either he certainly has not had a reaction, his reaction has been subtle enough for me to question it, or his reaction has been just skin deep (rash) rather than full emotions. I have not tried, nor wish to at the time, to give him a full load of an allergen.

For my youngest and I, I've just had to chant slow and steady. The thing is I've seen some cool things with myself. After a really scary first 16 weeks of pregnancy (major blood loss several times), I've had an absolutely glorious pregnancy. I know it can't be all attributed to my remedy. I know more about nutrition - no itchy skin (not eating corn), no stretch marks (high zinc), much lessened issues with leg cramps (more mag, and cell salts), emotions more stable (adrenal support), physical comfort (chiro). That said, at 39 weeks, I sometimes still forget I'm pregnant. I think it has been a combo of the above measures and my remedy (sepia).

I'm not sure about the changes within my youngest (he is arnica), except maybe he is more stable? He is a pretty easy going kid. He had a failed food trial a couple of days ago, and although it did get emotional, it only took about 24 hours for it to go away.

What has been interesting is that we are seeing a reduction and changes in our moles. I have a very prominent one at the back of my neck which I've had since early teenage years. It is getting smaller, along with a couple of others. One developed on my youngests' face early summer, and it has changed for the better. My guess is that some important internal changes are going on.

Recently, now that my brain is so focused on pregnancy, I've stopped problem solving with cell salts and remedies, but have noticed that an increased usage of our constitutional remedies, have really helped with our fall illnesses (which we've had quite a few of ).

OMG - I wrote a book. Just wanted to share, and thought it would be interesting to put it here publicly.

Children deserve the respect of puzzling it out.
#731 of 740 Old 11-06-2010, 09:56 PM

Just got a constitutional for DS1: calc phos 200c. Gave it to him yesterday. Seem to be seeing some improvements already. He takes directions and criticism more easily, seems a little more focussed.

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
#732 of 740 Old 11-07-2010, 10:42 AM

Help

Normally cheerful toddler has an ear ache. Outer ear red. He's holding it.

But he won't let us put heat on it or oil in his ear.

Trying Puls. Anything else?

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
#733 of 740 Old 11-07-2010, 11:01 AM - Thread Starter

I'd start by alternating mag phos and ferrum phos tissue salts. Tell us a bit more about the earache too....

did it start suddenly? or build up over the last day or so?
does it hurt to swallow?
are glands swollen?
is there a fever?
is it painful all the time or does it come and go?
does the cold make it worse?
will HE put heat on it? (aside from his hand I mean...which IS heat)
does it hurt him to touch it?
is it extreme pain or moderate discomfort?
what DOES he want?

ears you can always think belladonna, chamomilla, pulsatilla and aconite to start...but there may be a better fit.
#734 of 740 Old 11-07-2010, 11:06 AM

Quote:
I'd start by alternating mag phos and ferrum phos tissue salts. Tell us a bit more about the earache too....

did it start suddenly? or build up over the last day or so? Came on suddenly this am
does it hurt to swallow?He's swallowing & no mentioing it so I'm not sure
are glands swollen?aren't they always?
is there a fever?not yet
is it painful all the time or does it come and go?It seems to wane a little but is always painful
does the cold make it worse?
will HE put heat on it? (aside from his hand I mean...which IS heat)We tried the warm onion & the garlic oil & he objects to both & won't let us do it again.
does it hurt him to touch it?I think
is it extreme pain or moderate discomfort?moderate to severe
what DOES he want?He wants me to walk around the house holding him

ears you can always think belladonna, chamomilla, pulsatilla and aconite to start...but there may be a better fit.
I've done two doses of Puls. I'll try a few more.

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
#735 of 740 Old 11-07-2010, 11:20 AM - Thread Starter

carren,
I'd try aconite based on what you said.
#736 of 740 Old 11-07-2010, 12:40 PM

Quote:
carren,
I'd try aconite based on what you said.
Pendulum said Belladona but I might try the aconite too.

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
#737 of 740 Old 11-07-2010, 12:59 PM - Thread Starter

clinically belladonna is very close to aconite-sudden onset, redness, fear, pain etc. I would normally in that situation start with aconite and move to belladonna if needed. Aconite can tend towards more tearful and weepy. However because they are so close you are likely to get a response with either-it's just that one is likely to be better. That's the beauty of acute prescribing!
#738 of 740 Old 11-07-2010, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony96 View Post
I'm only on page 2 of this 37-page thread, but I intend to read it all. DS has eczema. He also is not gaining weight. He has an appointment with a homeopath in two weeks. Maybe I will get through this thread by then, and over the following weeks/months, be able to share a positive story.
Thought I'd come back and quote myself from back in May and share our positive story for this thread.

Here is part of the email I sent to our homeopath today.

"DS has been under your care since May. We looked for a constitutional remedy for his eczema and found it in calc sulph. Last time I dosed him, you had me do a fill-dump. I can't remember the exact date (I didn't save that e-mail in my "sent" folder and can't remember if you replied) but want to say it was about a month ago maybe? But anyway, prior to that, his other dosings of calc sulph seemed to have the pattern of it would take 10-14 days before I started to see improvement, then he would improve to the point of 100% clear skin, but only stay at 100% for a few days before he'd start getting worse again and I'd give him another dose.

With the fill-dump you had me do last time, I didn't notice any significant decrease in the time that it took to start seeing improvement (i.e. it still took the 10-ish days or so), but it seemed like he got to 100% clear a little faster. The huge change that I DID notice, however, was that he stayed at 100% for over two weeks! As each day went by, I kept waiting for spots to show up, but they never did. His skin was perfect. If someone didn't know his history, they would never have known he had had eczema at all. Six months ago, if someone had told me, "You are going to give your baby 'water' and it will help with their eczema," I would have laughed at how crazy that sounded. But I am definitely a believer now."

#739 of 740 Old 11-07-2010, 08:45 PM

Such wonderful news Harmony.

Children deserve the respect of puzzling it out.
#740 of 740 Old 11-08-2010, 02:48 AM

Hi everyone!
I don't have much experience at all with homeopathy, but I've been searching online to try to find some kind of remedy that would be helpful for knee pain. The really quick scenario is that I have a torn meniscus in my knee that I can't afford to have repaired right now. It's been that way for quite a while now, but at certain times it causes more problems than at other times. I'm a fitness instructor, so I can't afford to not exercise. Would there be anything at all that might take some of the pain and swelling away even though the injury has to stay the way it is for the moment? Oh, I am currently taking turmeric, and I know that arnica would probably be helpful, but all I have right now is a topical arnica gel. From what I've read it seems better to take it orally, but I have no idea about dosages. I would greatly appreciate any advice you could give me!

Gayle, mom to Reagan and Ryan, 09/15/03, Cade, 12/08/05 and sweet Josiah, 05/23/10-07/16/10

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page