Homeopathy Support Thread - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 740 Old 01-20-2009, 06:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by changingseasons View Post

My homeopath said that I have to wait for 2 full bad days, and then take another dose of my remedy. But I don't think I can handle 2 of these days... I'm only a couple hours into a bad day and I already can't take it.

Please tell me what to do.... I am just at the end of my rope. : (And I don't know how much is the remedy, and how much is the fact that I am just fucking BURNT OUT and need a break, but don't have any options for getting one.)

Oh- my homeopath also said not to use any flower essences unless it was an emergency. Do you think this counts? I have Rescue Remedy, but I've never noticed it helping much... PB, are there any others that I should run out and buy?
Yes, it's an emergency. I don't know...I would maybe even contact your practitioner. In the meantime there are essences you can take. Think about cherry plum, holly, impatiens for for the irritability/out of control/anger situation. RR doesn't have anything for anger. There are others to think of too possibly....gentian for faith (it's going to get better!) and sweet chestnut for the healing crisis. It's meant for the dark night of the soul. It can be invaluable in times like this! Hugs, mama.
#62 of 740 Old 01-20-2009, 06:50 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacquelineR View Post

How does a homeopath differentiate between those? Personal and family history?
Heaven help my homeopath.
It's not as hard as you might think. Family history shows quite a bit, but so does your experience. WE all have dominant miasms and that is part of how you relate and react to the world.
#63 of 740 Old 01-20-2009, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panserbjørne View Post
Yes, it's an emergency. I don't know...I would maybe even contact your practitioner. In the meantime there are essences you can take. Think about cherry plum, holly, impatiens for for the irritability/out of control/anger situation. RR doesn't have anything for anger. There are others to think of too possibly....gentian for faith (it's going to get better!) and sweet chestnut for the healing crisis. It's meant for the dark night of the soul. It can be invaluable in times like this! Hugs, mama.
Aah- maybe that's why RR never seems to do much for me. Thank you so much for the recommendations. I'm feeling much better now, but I think it would be a good idea to keep these on hand for the next time I'm feeling out of control. (BTW- I'm still reading the flower essences thread... I'm on page 16 out of 26. : And will have lots more questions for you when I'm done. )

Mom to DD1 (10/07) and DD2 (3/11)
geek.gif I blog about our life with food allergies and eosinophilic disorders.
#64 of 740 Old 01-20-2009, 07:04 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
This whole miasm thing is one of the biggies that's really drawing me to homeopathy. For me, seeing lots of stuff from my family tree, that I'd already recognized that we have a tendency toward, being linked in a medical sense completely different from any I've used (and the ones I've used haven't linked them as clearly or really tried to heal them so much as make them go away), made me go whoa!

For me, realizing ASD issues are miasmically related (syphilic miasm, lovely name) to things like depression/bipolar, Alzheimer's, Hashimoto's (and I'm guessing Graves), congenital heart disease, alcoholism (and a bunch of other stuff). It was a rundown of my family medical history. Next I need to figure out similar stuff for the sycotic miasm, I _think_ that's my husband and on the health side, I feel like I'm way behind in understanding.

http://www.homeopathysnc.org/luc_de_..._treatment.htm

I don't know this guy's credentials or qualifications, but this article, overall, gave me a good sense of how things fit together at a high-level for a newbie like me.
#65 of 740 Old 01-20-2009, 07:10 PM - Thread Starter

I personally like him! One of his books I have on my desk almost all the time and it is heavily bookmarked and highlighted.

Don't agonize over the miasm stuff. A well trained homeopath will cover the bases. It can be tough to figure out on your own since most people have far more than one!
#66 of 740 Old 01-20-2009, 07:13 PM

Quote:
I personally like him! One of his books I have on my desk almost all the time and it is heavily bookmarked and highlighted.

Don't agonize over the miasm stuff. A well trained homeopath will cover the bases. It can be tough to figure out on your own since most people have far more than one!
Having glanced through Gina's post, I was thinking as much. Her post says that there's usually a dominant one, so my next question is: can a person's dominant miasm change during their life?

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
#67 of 740 Old 01-20-2009, 07:16 PM - Thread Starter

yes. some believe there is a progression. Psora we will always have, though the ideal situation is to have it be latent or dormant. But, absolutely it can change in a lifetime. With homeopathy it will!
#68 of 740 Old 01-20-2009, 07:27 PM

PB &/or Gina (or whoever else knows)--in re-reading Gina's article on miasms, particularly the personality part, we'll have more of these when we're really out of balance (for lack of a better term), yes? I can't see them all in myself (I think everyone is thankful I'm not homicidal ), but there are a couple that I think are the opposite in me, but I feel like I had to work to make that change. From the flower essence thread, I got the feeling that the descriptions of the flowers had opposing positive and negative traits, sort of depending on how you're doing. I can't tell if I'm describing this well...
#69 of 740 Old 01-20-2009, 07:31 PM

Quote:
But it's so cool! And I feel compelled to learn more, partially because it's cool and partially because I need to understand enough to understand what my (future) homeopath tells me. I wouldn't go to any conventional doctor without having a good idea of my questions and understanding the lingo, yk? But then again, going in knowing my issues didn't help as much as I'd hoped either...
#70 of 740 Old 01-20-2009, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Think about cherry plum, holly, impatiens for for the irritability/out of control/anger situation. RR doesn't have anything for anger.
RR has Cherry Plum in it.

Pat

I have a blog.
#71 of 740 Old 01-20-2009, 07:55 PM

Thanks Gina, I copied your post to my own files!

Pat

I have a blog.
#72 of 740 Old 01-20-2009, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanyaLopez View Post
But it's so cool! And I feel compelled to learn more, partially because it's cool and partially because I need to understand enough to understand what my (future) homeopath tells me. I wouldn't go to any conventional doctor without having a good idea of my questions and understanding the lingo, yk? But then again, going in knowing my issues didn't help as much as I'd hoped either...
: (including the small type)

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
#73 of 740 Old 01-20-2009, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WuWei View Post
Thanks Gina, I copied your post to my own files!

Pat
I KNEW IT!!

#74 of 740 Old 01-20-2009, 08:31 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
RR has Cherry Plum in it.

Pat
it also has impatiens, but neither one is for anger. Cherry plum is for loss of control, impatiens is for irritability, but holly is anger.
#75 of 740 Old 01-20-2009, 08:49 PM

Quote:
but holly is anger.
I thought of holly was for jealousy. It helps the cats when we introduce another cat into the family.

Pat

I have a blog.
#76 of 740 Old 01-20-2009, 08:52 PM

Pat- nice addition to your siggy.

#77 of 740 Old 01-20-2009, 09:15 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I thought of holly was for jealousy. It helps the cats when we introduce another cat into the family.

Pat
I like the sig too.

Holly is anger/rage/jealousy. Holly and willow are the two major essences for anger. Holly is inflammatory and violent whereas willow is more resentful and whiny. Willow is passive aggressive and plays the "why me?" game quite a bit. It is said where willow smoulders, holly burns.

I think it's good to give holly and cherry plum together because often when we rage, we rage out of control.

Jealousy is a kind of anger, no?
#78 of 740 Old 01-20-2009, 09:45 PM

Quote:
I like the sig too.

Holly is anger/rage/jealousy. Holly and willow are the two major essences for anger. Holly is inflammatory and violent whereas willow is more resentful and whiny. Willow is passive aggressive and plays the "why me?" game quite a bit. It is said where willow smoulders, holly burns.

I think it's good to give holly and cherry plum together because often when we rage, we rage out of control.

Jealousy is a kind of anger, no?
I need me some willow.

#79 of 740 Old 01-20-2009, 09:53 PM - Thread Starter

actually very common where allergies are present.....I've had my share.
#80 of 740 Old 01-20-2009, 11:58 PM

ETA: Well, now this post makes no sense (since others have been deleted)... just ignore it.

Well, now they're going to pull this thread... You're not allowed to post just to talk about another thread or a member, and you're not allowed to post anything that questions the decisions of the mods.

Oh, and just so you know- I don't think your response got deleted in that other thread. It was just on the 2nd page.

I agree that her comments were ignorant, but I think it's also important to remember that you can't preach this stuff to people. People will hear you when they're ready to hear you. I wasn't ready to explore homeopathy until just recently, and that's pretty much because western medicine basically laughed in my face and told me that there was nothing wrong with my daughter. Through my own research over the past year, I've come to question a lot of conventional medicine practices and have started researching alternatives, and started using homeopathy. But had someone told me 2 years ago that it was something that I HAD to do, or the ONLY way to do something, I wouldn't have listened.

#81 of 740 Old 01-21-2009, 12:14 AM

I know it's a little off-topic, but I didn't see it in what I read of the flower essence thread (but I didn't get through it all...) is there a place online to read about the flower essences? I feel like I'm getting more interesting stuff here than from anyplace I've seen before.
#82 of 740 Old 01-21-2009, 12:18 AM

Quote:
I know it's a little off-topic, but I didn't see it in what I read of the flower essence thread (but I didn't get through it all...) is there a place online to read about the flower essences? I feel like I'm getting more interesting stuff here than from anyplace I've seen before.
Here's one of the links that was posted in that thread.

#83 of 740 Old 01-21-2009, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Here's one of the links that was posted in that thread.
Thank you, and shoot, what that means is that yet again I didn't see what was right in front of me. Need to re-read them all, so thank you!
#84 of 740 Old 01-21-2009, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Thank you, and shoot, what that means is that yet again I didn't see what was right in front of me. Need to re-read them all, so thank you!
That is a LOOOOOOOONG thread, so I don't blame you for missing it!!

#85 of 740 Old 01-21-2009, 12:49 AM

Quote:
That is a LOOOOOOOONG thread, so I don't blame you for missing it!!
That's the worst thing... I read that link, and followed it and I _thought_ I read through just about all of the remedies, with my husband in mind, and then a discussion like this comes up and I think whoa! that's DH. And somehow I _completely_ missed it before.
#86 of 740 Old 01-21-2009, 01:28 AM

is there a bach flower essence thread aside the big one?
#87 of 740 Old 01-21-2009, 01:42 AM

Not that I know of, just the huge homeopathy/flower essence one down in Spirituality that you already found. It's so hard to separate this into Health&Healing and Spirituality--even when I _think_ I've got questions that are really appropriate in one area, whoops, they slide into the other.
#88 of 740 Old 01-21-2009, 01:46 AM

That's exactly it. I feel like perhaps there should be a flower essences thread in several forums.

I always feel like I'm asking my questions in the wrong thread - should there be a separate flower essences thread in H&H?
#89 of 740 Old 01-21-2009, 02:03 AM

Goodnight, ladies.

Pat

I have a blog.
#90 of 740 Old 01-21-2009, 02:06 AM

I feel like the camp counselor just turned out the lights.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page