Homeopathy Support Thread - Page 7 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#181 of 740 Old 02-01-2009, 02:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay, I have a "Homeopathy 101" question. What is reportorizing? How is it done (I'm not asking specifics, but general)?

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
#182 of 740 Old 02-01-2009, 03:33 PM - Thread Starter

the two main tools of the trade for a homeopath are the materia medica and the repertory. the materia medica is a book (and there are many MM's) that hold the remedies. IF you look up Apis online you are essentially looking at a MM....it would list the general characteristics (mental, emotional and physical) along with the modalities and remedy relationships. So if you are considering Apis as a remedy after repertorizing you would look at the picture in the materia medica to see if it fits.

The repertory is basically a collection of rubrics which are essentially symptoms. It's a language all it's own and learning the repertory is no easy task. You take the case in front of you and translate it into rubrics. So if a person said to you, "After I had my baby my milk never came in" that would translate (one way) into: CHEST, MILK, absent, delivery, after: and then go on to list 20 remedies that have that rubric.

That mother may also say that her mother had lost a baby when she was a child and that's all she can think about all day long. She is terribly sad and the birth of this baby brought up all those feelings. That may be MIND, THOUGHTS-persistent, unpleasant subjects, haunted by: and list the remedies that had that as well. So while taking the case you would take several big rubrics and cross reference the remedies that came up with all of them.

The ones that came up frequently and strongly are the ones you would look at. Remedies appear in bold, italic or plain type so you can determine if it's a symptom that most, many or some provers reported.
#183 of 740 Old 02-01-2009, 04:04 PM

thanks for the long and clear answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panserbjørne View Post
I think it is general practice to not eliminate problem foods. I *think* it would be rare to have a classical homeopath tell you to do that.

The thing is that I believe that homeopathy can heal food intolerances. I do. I dont' know that the remedy will have as much efficacy if the body is continually stressed. *I* think that you are better off avoiding known triggers while the remedy is allowed to work. *I* think you will have more success.

When you ingest an allergen your body is stressed. It goes into overdrive to overcome the response. Just like when you are sick (it's the same principle) the vital force will be raised to cope with the assault. In a person that is ill the vital force isn't as strong as it could/should be and will have a harder time recovering. In that instance you often are told to take the remedy again.

A person who has intolerances and compromised gut function is not going to be as strong as they could be. Continual assault with the trigger will (IMO/E) will unnecessarily stress the vital force and potentially end the action of the remedy prematurely. It doesn't mean the remedy isn't working, it means that you are using it too fast, if that makes sense.

It would be like having a flashlight that you are taking camping. Under normal circumstances you would put in fresh batteries (the right remedy) and pack it up. Now the batteries when new work for 10 hours. You take that flashlight camping and expect a solid 10 hours of light, but all it gives you is 2. You wonder what went wrong. It turns out that while you were driving your child (the food intolerance) turned on the flashlight and it ran for 6 hours straight on the drive. It was unnecessary, as there was plenty of sunlight (other foods you AREN'T reactive to) for him to read by. Now as a result your flashlight isn't able to work properly. The batteries can't power it as they should because of the previous usage (stress.) You now need to replace them (take the remedy) again.

Your vital force SHOULD be strong enough to handle your life. That's what we are aiming for. The wrong remedy won't fit (you can't put a AA into a flashlight that calls for a D and expect it to work.) The right remedy will allow your body to deal provided the batteries are not stressed in ways they shouldn't be.

I know that many people dont' agree with this perspective, but not many people understand food intolerances either. I'm not saying this is what is taught. I'm saying this is what I believe. It is NOT what is taught. Not by a longshot.

I think healing CAN be more rapid if we eliminate stress that is not necessary for normal function and allow it to heal. IMO if a person walks into the office and says, "I eat sugar all day and have major insulin issues and horrible yeast" you have to deal with that as well as giving them a remedy. That amount of sugar is HARMFUL and will prevent the body from healing. I dont' see intolerances as being any different. IF you take the stress off the body it will heal that much faster. Then, when healed you can eat a balanced healthful diet without issues.
#184 of 740 Old 02-01-2009, 04:05 PM
Banned

Avoiding certain foods your body does not agree with is called in homeopathy;
Maintaining Causefactors-
These maintaining causefactors present hurdles for our vital force to overcome.
example; patients with RA- have to stay away from all nightshade foods-these cause extreme aggr. with or without homeopathic const. remedies.
Even with the perfect const. remedy prescribed nightshade foods will trigger pain for RA patients.

With some its;
salt,sugar,dairy,choc,MSG,Aspartame,food dye.............
(choc has a chemical called Theobromine-toxic to some people and to all dogs)
MSG=TOXIC
Aspartame (in all diet drinks/foods)=TOXIC
Sugar/dairy-causes yeast-candida bacteria overgrowth
80% of the population in the USA has Yeast/Candida from taking Antibiotics/allopathic prescription meds/birth controll pills.......................
For anyone to heal 100% you need to avoid these maintaining causefactors.

[PH levels of alkaline+acid- in the saliva and blood- causing an acid state is also another factor..........................Another chapter all together.]

[EMF radiation=cellphones/TV/computers-cause aggr within the vital force]

[environmental toxins(pesticides/herbicides)=aggr. vital force]

[iatrogenic toxins(vaccines/steriods/allopathic meds)=aggr. vital force]

All must be addressed when a homeopath does a casetaking,all maintaining Causefactors need to be removed........................................... .......
#185 of 740 Old 02-02-2009, 02:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilamama View Post

Also any book rec.s for further reading?
#186 of 740 Old 02-02-2009, 02:41 AM

Quote:
the two main tools of the trade for a homeopath are the materia medica and the repertory. the materia medica is a book (and there are many MM's) that hold the remedies. IF you look up Apis online you are essentially looking at a MM....it would list the general characteristics (mental, emotional and physical) along with the modalities and remedy relationships. So if you are considering Apis as a remedy after repertorizing you would look at the picture in the materia medica to see if it fits.

The repertory is basically a collection of rubrics which are essentially symptoms. It's a language all it's own and learning the repertory is no easy task. You take the case in front of you and translate it into rubrics. So if a person said to you, "After I had my baby my milk never came in" that would translate (one way) into: CHEST, MILK, absent, delivery, after: and then go on to list 20 remedies that have that rubric.

That mother may also say that her mother had lost a baby when she was a child and that's all she can think about all day long. She is terribly sad and the birth of this baby brought up all those feelings. That may be MIND, THOUGHTS-persistent, unpleasant subjects, haunted by: and list the remedies that had that as well. So while taking the case you would take several big rubrics and cross reference the remedies that came up with all of them.

The ones that came up frequently and strongly are the ones you would look at. Remedies appear in bold, italic or plain type so you can determine if it's a symptom that most, many or some provers reported.
Thank you, PB. I think I had borrowed a MM from a library before. That's what I thought reportorizing was, but I figured I should just ask and make sure.

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
#187 of 740 Old 02-02-2009, 04:17 PM

I have another question for the experts.

How much does aggravation time (as in time of day) factor in to the remedy? And are there any remedies that have 4am-8am as an aggravation time? I've noticed that during DD's flares (which she's been having for a couple weeks, and I'm finally realizing that it's the sugar in my diet... I know, I know. ), she wakes up within 10 minutes (either way) of 4am EVERY.MORNING. And then she just tosses and turns, cries, nurses, tosses some more... for at least 2 hours, but up to 4.

I'm also a little stumped by my own recent reaction. As I said in earlier posts, after taking my remedy, a spot of eczema appeared in my elbow and has flared up each time I've taken a dose of my remedy. But then it gradually fades until the next dose, when it flares again. Well, this weekend DP got me some of my favorite allergen-free chocolate chips. We trialed these a couple months ago, with no apparant reaction in DD. (And I have never shown any physical symptoms myself to any food allergens, although I know I have them.) Well, within 24 hours of eating the chocolate chips, the elbow eczema is flared up! So now I'm wondering if: 1) we're losing foods that were previously safe, or 2) my remedy is giving me some physical clues to something that I was already allergic to and didn't know it (or maybe not that I'm allergic but that it's aggravating a possible yeast problem?)

On a good note, my mood is still great. I've been getting out for a walk every day and loving it. Things are good.

Mom to DD1 (10/07) and DD2 (3/11)
geek.gif I blog about our life with food allergies and eosinophilic disorders.
#188 of 740 Old 02-02-2009, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by changingseasons View Post
I've noticed that during DD's flares (which she's been having for a couple weeks, and I'm finally realizing that it's the sugar in my diet... I know, I know. ), she wakes up within 10 minutes (either way) of 4am EVERY.MORNING. And then she just tosses and turns, cries, nurses, tosses some more... for at least 2 hours, but up to 4.
My DD does this too! I thought it had something to do with being gassy, but I don't know why it starts around 4am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by changingseasons View Post
On a good note, my mood is still great. I've been getting out for a walk every day and loving it. Things are good.
Congrats on the mood improvement and walking every day!
#189 of 740 Old 02-02-2009, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waluso View Post
My DD does this too! I thought it had something to do with being gassy, but I don't know why it starts around 4am.
How crazy! I know that has to do with something in homeopathy... I just don't know what.

#190 of 740 Old 02-02-2009, 06:46 PM - Thread Starter

yup, it's a time modality. It would be a great thing for your practitioners to know.
#191 of 740 Old 02-02-2009, 09:09 PM
Banned

Ladies

4AM (or 4PM) is "liver"organ time-
Each organ has a timeframe (chinese trad. Med)
#192 of 740 Old 02-02-2009, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTyler View Post
Ladies

4AM (or 4PM) is "liver"organ time-
Each organ has a timeframe (chinese trad. Med)
hmmm... makes perfect sense. So the am/pm doesn't matter? Because I remember our homepath's assistant asking if DD was worse between 4-8 PM, because that time was indicated on her remedy (lycopodium), and I said no.

#193 of 740 Old 02-02-2009, 09:17 PM

My DS wakes around 4am as well. I am going to a new homeopath on Saturday. I'll have to be sure to mention it to her. It will be the first classical homeopath who has actually "met" DS. The first 2 did it long distance. I'm hoping that meeting him will help communicate something I couldn't over email.

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
#194 of 740 Old 02-02-2009, 10:32 PM

i hope it goes really great for you.!

i was thinking that i had just read that abt lyco, (the 4-8 thing).

Wow! gt, that is amazing! every organ has its hour huh? that is so interesting given a baby's "fussy time."

what is 330 am? i just woke up starving !

Gt, do you ming anwering where/with whom you trained?
#195 of 740 Old 02-03-2009, 01:20 AM

ugh I just lost my post.

Both my boys woke up at that time. It was the hardest wake-up to get them back to sleep. I wonder if there is any type of massage or gentle body work I could do during that time to help the liver out.

So what do you think about this homeopathic practice?
http://homeoschool.org/findAHomeopath.html

I liked what Begabati Lennihan had to say here in her blurb:
she especially enjoys working with women committed to personal growth who want to use homeopathy not only to address health concerns but also to support their life’s purpose on earth.

She seems like a good match, but i am worried about the cost.

I am thinking of taking a class they have to offer. The one year course, meeting one time a month. Ack - just saw the price, never mind. sigh but I could do a weekend class

Children deserve the respect of puzzling it out.
#196 of 740 Old 02-03-2009, 01:53 AM

Thanks for talking about the food intolerance stuff at length.

I have gone back to my old self again, post-bliss. Wondering if I should contact my homeopath? Could I have antidoted? I have an appt. on the 17th, but I've just been feeling outside of myself again the past few days. Still taking 20X Cyclamen, 2 pellets 1x/day (had 200c 1/22).

I had heard the body organ/hour relationship before, but through Chinese medicine. Here's a link: http://www.acupuncture-services.com/...body-clock.php

DS seems to wake around 3, and is usually up at 5 with a poop - today he 'slept in' til 7, after brief wakings at 3 & 5.

Jacqueline - are you still on the Ipecac? new remedy?

Thanks for the support, ladies.
#197 of 740 Old 02-03-2009, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kortner View Post
Thanks for talking about the food intolerance stuff at length.

I have gone back to my old self again, post-bliss. Wondering if I should contact my homeopath? Could I have antidoted? I have an appt. on the 17th, but I've just been feeling outside of myself again the past few days. Still taking 20X Cyclamen, 2 pellets 1x/day (had 200c 1/22).

I had heard the body organ/hour relationship before, but through Chinese medicine. Here's a link: http://www.acupuncture-services.com/...body-clock.php

DS seems to wake around 3, and is usually up at 5 with a poop - today he 'slept in' til 7, after brief wakings at 3 & 5.

Jacqueline - are you still on the Ipecac? new remedy?

Thanks for the support, ladies.
I take the Ipecac when I need it. I still haven't heard back from my ND re: a new remedy, but the internet was down all day (we use voice over internet protocol for all our telephone needs). I took the Ipecac today because it was a "bad" day.

#198 of 740 Old 02-03-2009, 02:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammo2Sammo View Post
She seems like a good match, but i am worried about the cost.
Talk to her about that. Maybe there's some kind of trade opportunity.
#199 of 740 Old 02-03-2009, 03:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kortner View Post

Are you the old self again? Or do you maybe feel at all like a somewhat different person with some old stuff resurfacing? I have always felt that we can only ever upgrade. If you were feeling blissful or better perhaps you upgraded. And if that's the case you couldn't go back down again. You would be new and improved and seeing some old stuff in a new light. You can see through the beginning of my journey I was high as a kite unstoppable. But boy when the aggravations hit they nearly buried me. Do you think maybe its just an aggravation?

I would contact your homeopath if you feel the need or urge to do so.

IMO or for me personally I think antidoting can only happen with the intent to do so. I may be the only one who feels this way!!

Will you talk further about feeling outside of yourself please?
#200 of 740 Old 02-03-2009, 03:30 AM

Oh Yeah!! I have been really thinking about all the food allergy post through out Motheringdotcommune. It is really kind of blowing me away. Seems kind of epidemic to me really. I don't remember any of my childhood friends, family, etc. having them. Is this something relatively new to our world? Have they just spent more time researching dis-eases and found a culprit? Or what I've really been wondering about.... have we as humans just really screwed up our food? I know this is pretty off topic for our thread but they're a few of ya'll personally dealing with this and I want to know what ya'll think.

And Oh Yeah!!! I did get to briefly speak to ch about her choice in such a high dose. It had a lot to do with her supervisor at the time, her schooling, and her current sup.. Her current sup. usually prescribes higher than a 1m. We have set an appointment for Friday am and will be discussing it further. I will get the name of her school. It wasn't all based off of the sup.'s opinions sounds like it really came from her schooling. So we also talked about how she takes cases. She said she would let me look at all the notes etc.. I can't wait after all the homework I've been doing!! I wish I could remember the name of the other technique now but I was her first "sensation" case. She is now putting 2 methods together maybe one of you higher homeopathically educated mama's could fill in the other technique blank here for me. There was a point in our convo tonight where she said we should "plan" on Friday morning. I pretty much cut her off and was all " I really can't do any more of this "planning" we need to actually DO IT!!" She definitely felt was I was saying and I was proud of myself. I had a voice!!!

I had a heavy duty massage on Friday. I knew my throat was in trouble as she worked my neck and shoulders. But it was different and on the right side. (always happens on my left) There was so much crap and so many toxins released I got a crazy zit on my neck!! So I felt like getting it on the right side this time was completing some kind of a circle and balancing something out. I think I might just be done with my throat crap. I took my case and decided lycopodium clavatum was the remedy. I took it for a day and half and all is clear. 6c. Didn't someone just write their daughter was taking this?

Would everyone mind posting their remedy again? I can never find things in past pages.

And oh yeah!!! Maybe tmi but my putnani is clear and have have a love life again!!!!:
#201 of 740 Old 02-03-2009, 04:04 AM
Banned

Gt, do you ming anwering where/with whom you trained?

My clinical work was done in Calcutta India with classical Homeopath ProfessorS.K. Banerjea at the BENGAL ALLEN MEDICAL INST. All the bookwork/paper cases need to be followed up by clinical hands on work. You cant learn everything from a book.
#202 of 740 Old 02-03-2009, 04:57 AM

#203 of 740 Old 02-03-2009, 10:49 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTyler View Post
All the bookwork/paper cases need to be followed up by clinical hands on work. You cant learn everything from a book.[/COLOR]
Indeed. That's my major concern with distance programs. If I were looking for a school that's what I'd wonder. You NEED supervised clinical opportunities. I know some distance learning institutions require it and you can find an "approved" clinic, but it needs to be part of the education. You cannot begin to learn it without practicing and that needs to be done with direction. The best shot is in an atmosphere where it's one patient after another and requires you to be on your toes and feel the cases.

mama_mich the sensation stuff sounds like Sankaran.
#204 of 740 Old 02-03-2009, 12:15 PM

Sankaran sounds familiar.

Ch also moved some major stuff out of her way this week end so I feel Friday will really happen. I am also stronger so I won't let her cancel!! Can't wait to share what comes of it. And in speaking of the schooling above, she was trained through a school in London and is doing supervisorial work now. I know she spent some time over there for her studies so it wasn't completely distant for her.

peace
#205 of 740 Old 02-03-2009, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama_mich View Post
I took my case and decided lycopodium clavatum was the remedy. I took it for a day and half and all is clear. 6c. Didn't someone just write their daughter was taking this?

Would everyone mind posting their remedy again? I can never find things in past pages.
My remedy is lycopodium. My DD's remedy is silicea (I think, she's been on a few different remedies).
#206 of 740 Old 02-03-2009, 01:33 PM

Hi all,
Just joining the thread here. I am interested to read the discussion about antidotes. I have been thinking about this for a year now, and I hope you guys can help me understand this better. My kids had strep a year ago, and our homeopath gave my younger one a remedy. That week, I had a lot of fear. Looking back, I think *I* needed a remedy. It was like I was truly in a state of panicked fear. Anyway, one of the things that I kept worrying about, was the whole idea of antidoting. The family doctor (where we got the strep test) was encouraging me to give the antibiotics. I said, "But look, they are getting better with the homeopathy and natural immune support." He said, "We don't give abx to get over the strep, because you are right, it is a self-limiting illness and most people will get over it in 7-10 days with or without antibiotics. The reason we give abx is prevent the chance of this, usually rare, but real possibility of rheumatic fever and heart damage." He said, the person gets better, but then weeks later develops rheumatic fever. he admitted yes, it is not common, but in his opinion, it wasn't worth the risk.

SO, this brought about great fear for me. Because I kept wondering about the whole idea of antidoting. What if something unknowingly antidoted the remedy he had been given for strep?

So tell me why my thinking is incorrect, please! Because deep down I know this is not correct, I just want to know why. Please set me straight!
#207 of 740 Old 02-03-2009, 02:02 PM
Banned

Two totally different subjects:

1-strep cannot be cured via antibiotics,these only "suppress" the symptoms causing deeper chronic ailments later to come,plus frequent relapses of strep. Antib. also deplete the immune system making it even more difficult to deal with strep.It is NOT A SELF LIMITING ILLNESS- exactly the opposite!
A well taken case via a classical homeopath will handle strep- most likely a homeopathic nosode may be needed followed by a constitutional remedy.This of course can only be done after throat lab/test has been confirmed of strep.
Strep is verry dangerous and will cause chronic long lasting symptoms if treated via "western allopathic medicine". They have no clue on what "suppression "truly does. Yes strep most often causes future RA factors.If antibiotics are used.
I have seen cases of elderly with a past history of strep (as a child) suppressed by antibiotics that in their later yrs have RA.Again strep is NOT self limiting,it does NOT just go away. Specially NOT by using western allopathic antibiotics.Its good your went to a Homeopath for this.
---------------------------------------------------------------

2-Antidotes- homeopathy cannot be antidoted via antibiotics-
here are a few antidotes that will cause your remedies to stop working- mint-coffee-camphor-dentalwork
and there is a list of remedies that antidote eachother.
most MM have this list in the back of the book.(your hom needs to know this so he/she does NOT prescribe an antidote by accident).
#208 of 740 Old 02-03-2009, 02:52 PM

Thank you, yes, this is what makes sense to me. I was just really scared at the time, an for some reason did not feel trust that my homeopath was telling me the right thing.

So, my younger one got a remedy, was getting better, and then I wound up giving him the abx anyway.

My older one never got a remedy but did get abx. Neither of them got the abx until almost a week after this started.

And yes, they were both positive on the strep test.

So, what do I do about it now? They have both had continued digestive issues since the abx (this was one year ago). Plus, my younger one developed a very intermittent strabismus, that is only when he focuses on something very up close. It is intermittent and infrequent, so we've been told to just watch it and he'll probably grow out of it. I think it is related to the fact that there is inflammation in his body. We discovered this strabismus about 7 months after the abx.
#209 of 740 Old 02-03-2009, 03:36 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofmine View Post
So, what do I do about it now?
See a homeopath that is actually interested in using homeopathy! We have talked before about homeopaths that only look at part of the picture (and yours that really did nutritional supplementation with a bit of homeopathy as opposed to homeopathy along with nutritional counseling.) You haven't had great luck so it's really a matter of finding someone really great.

Perhaps you could ask Gina if she has a suggestion for someone in your area? I don't know anyone there to recommend them.
#210 of 740 Old 02-03-2009, 05:46 PM

Quote:
See a homeopath that is actually interested in using homeopathy! We have talked before about homeopaths that only look at part of the picture (and yours that really did nutritional supplementation with a bit of homeopathy as opposed to homeopathy along with nutritional counseling.) You haven't had great luck so it's really a matter of finding someone really great.

Perhaps you could ask Gina if she has a suggestion for someone in your area? I don't know anyone there to recommend them.
Right, I know, I know...I think I have just been so hesitant to find someone since my last experience was so, well, less than optimal. I do need a new homeopath. This HAS to be my first priority this WEEK.

Do you think that the body can heal from the suppression that the abx caused, as GinaT said, with a new remedy?

So that brings me to...what do you guys think about over the phone vs in person? Some people I have contacted said they would rather not do over the phone with small children, that being in the room and observing is huge for them.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page