Homeopathy Support Thread - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-18-2009, 01:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey Friends! Maybe we can start anew with updates and progress. I'm loving hearing the processes. And, as I just took *my* remedy again after having a rough experience I figured this would be a good time. Welcome all who are using or thinking about using homeopathy! :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2009, 01:21 PM

Yeah, I think I need to go take MY remedy. LOL

At dinner last night, one of the moms popped a mint breath mint in after dinner. And I swear, I can not avoid mint everywhere.

Pat

I have a blog.
Old 01-18-2009, 01:29 PM - Thread Starter

I'm fascinated that you are so sensitive! I took a remedy (repeatedly under direction of a new practitioner and against my judgment) recently that did BAD things. It took several cups of coffee to stop it. The cool thing is (what I have seen in cases of extreme aggravation) is that you can TELL when it works.

I dont' drink coffee at all. Can't stand the stuff so this was my first opportunity to experience it! I drank my first two cups with NO response. The practitioners I work with say to drink coffee UNTIL it makes you jittery and then you know that your vital force has used up the remedy.

Now I had ALOT to antidote, but it was quite apparent when it happened. My third cup made me slightly buzzed and I knew at that point I was done. It was neat. Now I have learned a lesson...

Clearly different people will have different sensitivity levels, and noone is going to debate that....but I'm just blown away that being near someone who used a breath mint affects you that much!
Old 01-18-2009, 01:36 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)

I didn't post on the last thread, but I will come out of the closet and post about the "weird" remedy that I have been taking for the past four months. It was something my DH go me into! For whiplash!!!! DH has a customer who is a homeopath in Vancouver who has developed a homeopathic protocol for whiplash. They were chatting about it over the phone one day, and the thought sprang into DH's head that I might be able to use it. Last February, I was hit in the head by a soccer ball, kicked at a great velocity. I did have some chiropractic and left it at that. Anyway, in exchange for some essences and stuff, I got my whiplash homeopathics and have been taking them diligently. I have always gotten some kind of reaction to them, initially (I think it was the first two remedies), it was migraines two days after taking the remedy (the doc didn't think it was any thing to do with the whiplash but old stuff clearing out because I have a history of migraines from my twenties (thanks to my ex), although after the first remedy, my body spontaneously realigned. With the subequent remedies, I have been getting feverish, flushed, and very, very angry for a day after taking it. Poor DH knows to brace himself after I have taken my homeopathic. I took remedy #4 on Friday, and boy, did I blow on Saturday! But the most interesting thing is I took a nap on Saturday afternoon, and while I was sleeping I felt and saw waves of vibration in my body. I saw them as horizonal lines of energy pulsing up and down, it was a cool experience, similar the the feel I have when I get a fever (I love having fevers!). Anyway, I awoke feeling great, light, happy and energized! I have one more remedy to take in four weeks time. I guess DH was right, I probably do have whiplash even though I didn't acknowledge it.

t

"There are only two mistakes you can make in the search for the Truth. Not starting, and not going all the way." ~ Mark Passio
Old 01-18-2009, 01:39 PM - Thread Starter

Lovely to see you here and what a COOL experience! Thanks for sharing. I am very glad you are feeling better.
Old 01-18-2009, 01:44 PM

I'm not so sensitive and have learned more by watching dh take homeopaths. I do believe and would love to figure out my remedy some day.

Or rather, I am sure I am sensitive, but I haven't turned it on yet. I noticed this with fe's. At first I seemed immune to them until I acknowledged them in my system.
Old 01-18-2009, 01:58 PM - Thread Starter

Don't know if anyone has seen this:
http://www.irishhomeopaths.com/homeopathy-cuba
Old 01-18-2009, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panserbjørne View Post
I'm fascinated that you are so sensitive! I took a remedy (repeatedly under direction of a new practitioner and against my judgment) recently that did BAD things. It took several cups of coffee to stop it. The cool thing is (what I have seen in cases of extreme aggravation) is that you can TELL when it works.

<snip>

Clearly different people will have different sensitivity levels, and noone is going to debate that....but I'm just blown away that being near someone who used a breath mint affects you that much!

I'm fascinated that you are so immune!

I can't tell you how many times I've been antidoted in 5 years. Monthly? Literally can walk through the coffee isle at the grocery and I have to hold my breath or be antidoted. And it is really obvious in my emotions.

My friend is similarly sensitive and gets wheezing from aroma antidotes. And ds too. Dh doesn't seem to be as sensitive. But, he also isn't as observant and had a low dose that he uses frequently.

Pat

I have a blog.
Old 01-18-2009, 02:57 PM

Subbing.

ETA: I just took an acute this morning. So, I expect things to get worse before they get better, is that right? Or to paraphrase what I've heard, "a re-emergence of old symptoms".

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
Old 01-18-2009, 03:52 PM - Thread Starter

IME yes, but with an acute remedy the slight aggravation shouldn't last very long. A higher dose administered by a homeopath will often aggravate for a full day and sometimes up to a week. An acute remedy I wouldn't expect to have more than a few hours of aggravation, really. But again, everyone does have different experiences!
Old 01-18-2009, 03:55 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WuWei View Post
I'm fascinated that you are so immune!

Dh doesn't seem to be as sensitive. But... he had a low dose that he uses frequently.

Pat
I can't be the only one either or my homeopath would have a very different handout!

As I'm sure you know the low dose frequently can also make a huge difference. You are less likely to notice an antidote if you are dosing often. Someone on a remedy that takes it once in the correct potency will of course be more apt to notice if something went awry!
Old 01-18-2009, 03:57 PM

Yes, I've realized that after reading some others' experiences.
One thing I did notice not long after taking the remedy was a little "click" in my brain... I don't know how else to explain it. It's like a little lightbulb in one part of my brain switched on or off but I have no idea what it's about.

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
Old 01-18-2009, 04:23 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Because I always want all the cool stuff cross-linked, here's a link to a somewhat related discussion in Spirituality, the anyone up for a homeopathy/flower essence thread? It's way long and fascinating.

http://mothering.com/discussions/sho...d.php?t=819725
Old 01-18-2009, 04:42 PM

subbing... be back later to catch up!

Mom to DD1 (10/07) and DD2 (3/11)
geek.gif I blog about our life with food allergies and eosinophilic disorders.
Old 01-18-2009, 08:29 PM

I have been lurking for a few weeks, reading everything I can find posted by PB and WuWei (also lurk on CL yahoo group...). I am new to my area, and do not know how to find a classical homeopath. Is it necessary to be in proximity or can the entire relationship happen over the phone? TanyaLopez, I notice you are also in the Houston area, any rec's?
Old 01-18-2009, 08:44 PM

I'm just as new to this, I've been lurking and fascinated. And we're actually trying to move, so I'm not even looking right now, I want to find someone that we can stick with for a long time. Wish I could help!
Old 01-18-2009, 09:01 PM

GinaT had posted a link to find homeopaths. But, the thread isn't, anymore.

I highly recommend seeing a classical homeopath and seeing him/her face to face, at least initially. So much of an assessment is done with non-verbals, body language, tone, observation, etc. So, I'd really want that initial consultation to be complete. Subsequent followups could be done on the phone. But, again, best in person, imo.

The most important is your narrative. What you deem significant, how you cope, your emotional perspective, family history, major events, health issues, etc. Creating a list of 'little things you notice about yourself' helps to cue the practitioner to inquire further about things they feel are relevant.

Everything is relevant!

Pat

I have a blog.
Old 01-18-2009, 09:23 PM

Ok... I've tried to come back to this thread like 6 times today, and keep getting interrupted. nak right now, so hopefully I have a minute.

Recap of my remedy journey:
The morning after I got my first dose, a brand new spot of eczema appeared on the inside of my right elbow. Not too bad, about the size of a nickel... just came and stayed. My mood and energy were significantly better 2 days after the remedy, and then 3 days after that it abruptly took a major turn for the worse. Turned into a horrible, irritable, rage-ful person for the next few days. The eczema spot looked slightly better last week. Took my second dose last Tuesday, and by the next day I was feeling better (mood-wise). Within the next 2 days, the eczema spot got really itchy, and expanded to about the size of a quarter. As of yesterday, my mystery leg rash (that I had a few months ago) has returned- nothing too bad yet, just some red dots. So.... I am assuming that these are all good signs that my remedy is correct, and moving things out of me. Of course, there's always the voice in the back of my head saying that I've just sensitized to yet another food and am having a reaction... but I'm trying to ignore it.

DD's update:
She's still gaining weight at an astonishing speed. She gained 1/2 a pound in the past WEEK. That's how much she has averaged per MONTH since she was born, and then she had stopped gaining completely (and lost a little) in the past 4-5 months. So I am really excited about that, because she's actually moving back up in the growth charts. I've been trying to think about what else might be different, and I just realized that her food reactions aren't as severe. We've trialed rice and sweet potatoes over the past 2 weeks (both failed, as expected... ) Her eczema flared, but not too bad, and was gone within 2 days of the trial, instead of taking 3-5 days to clear as it had before. Her digestive system seems calmer- poops are better, she's not as gassy, etc.

So I am really hopeful that both of us got the correct remedy on the first try, which is awesome!!!

Oh- I do have a couple questions for our local experts. I know that my eczema and rash are good signs, things moving... but how long do I expect them to last? I'm only on a 30C dose, so I know it's slower moving than say a 200C. I just want to make sure that it is actually the remedy and I'm not just ignoring a food (allergy) reaction.

Also- DD always gets a diaper rash when she's reacting to a food, but it goes away along with all other symptoms within a day or two. After she got her remedy, it flared really bad, and has been there ever since. I cannot get it to go away completely!! It seems better in the morning, and worse by the evening (which is weird, because she's wearing a diaper all night and has peed in it a couple times by the morning.) We've gotten more agressive with ECing- we were doing it casually but still using diapers, and now we're just using panties at home all day. Doesn't seem to make one bit of difference to the rash. I obviously don't want to medicate and push the symptoms in, but I'm getting a little concerned because she's had it so long (a month-ish?). It's not a real serious rash, it just won't go away... Any advice?

Old 01-18-2009, 09:45 PM

CS, have you called or emailed your homeopath with any updates and inquiry about the rashes?

Pat

I have a blog.
Old 01-18-2009, 09:50 PM

Quote:
CS, have you called or emailed your homeopath with any updates and inquiry about the rashes?

Pat
Nope, I just told him about it as my appointment last Tuesday. He said that I should notice when my moods/energy are better, the skin should be worse. But I didn't think to ask how long that would last. He did say that it might take a couple months for me to be 80-90% better (when I asked how long I needed to avoid antidotes), so I guess that kind of answers my question, huh?

Old 01-18-2009, 10:07 PM

Well, I'm (more than a bit) surprised at the duration of the diaper rash. But, what did you all determine about your daughter's remedy, since you'd used acute remedies. Did you discuss that with him?

ETA: I was 100% happier immediately on my remedy, no 'months to get better'. A day or two of aggravation and zippity do da. But, it was 200c

Pat

I have a blog.
Old 01-18-2009, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Well, I'm (more than a bit) surprised at the duration of the diaper rash. But, what did you all determine about your daughter's remedy, since you'd used acute remedies. Did you discuss that with him?
Oh, sorry... confusion. DD has a different homeopath than I do. I haven't talked to her homeopath (also our ped) since her first visit, but we have a 6-wk followup visit coming up soon. We were in the office last week and saw a different provider, who glanced at the rash and said, "well, that looks really good to me." Like I said, it's not a bad rash.... the part that concerns me is that it just won't go away. I have previously (before remedy) tried a bit of nystatin ointment on it, thinking it might be a yeast rash, and it did nothing. So I tried some B____ Butt Paste (not even going to try and spell that name) and it cleared it right up. But I've tried the butt paste a few times in the last month, and it does nothing. Or helps a tiny bit but then it just flares again the next day. I would call the ped (homeopath), but I would just get put through to her medical assistant who isn't much help.

Old 01-18-2009, 10:30 PM

Is this the same ped who thought the tongue tie thing was a bad idea? Isn't all that weight gain gonna be a shocker! And perhaps a learning experience.
Old 01-18-2009, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanyaLopez View Post
Is this the same ped who thought the tongue tie thing was a bad idea? Isn't all that weight gain gonna be a shocker! And perhaps a learning experience.
Yeah. I did talk to her about that again, and told her that I was a little shocked by her response. She just clarified that she wouldn't have done it just "because" (she's pretty anti-intervention which I like), but that if we're seeing results then she's thrilled. (And at that time it was only a weight gain of 3 ounces... just wait until our next visit!) So we got that cleared up with no hard feelings.

Old 01-18-2009, 11:15 PM

Thanks PB for he clarifications about 30c vs 30x. I am very excited to get my kit. I will be sticking with the 30C

So for the past couple of months I have suspected that Nat Mur is my remedy. It feels odd that I found it myself, and just a 30c dose. I have a couple of questions to help me clarify it.
If I use Nat Mur for a cold appropriate to the remedy, and my body responds unrelated to the cold, could that be a signal that it is my remedy. I have gotten a terrible migraine headache the first time I took it, along with much diarrhea (and other things I can't remember). Also, the chronic painful 3 year thrush in my breasts is mostly gone - just occasional twinges. ::::
(I feel strangely attracted to Nat Mur, and sometimes pop the pills without a cold.)
Recently I discovered I have a problem with corn. I get an itchy rash. This past week I realized that we react to our new xylitol products (for dental health). I am not sure if it is the actual birch xylitol or the junky stuff added to the mints. I will test it later. Anyway. . . the rash is really annoying and it took a while (at least a week) to make the connection, especially since I bought this brand on purpose to avoid corn. So yesterday, I woke up with a sore throat. Even though my illness is unrelated to Nat Mur I took it anyway. Last night I was sooooo itchy again, and irritated. : Then Aha! I realized I didn't eat anything. I think it was the remedy pulling out the rash. Also, my sore throat was gone. I noticed that I have crusties on my eyes. This afternoon I realized that I had a painful boil on my bottom. Never had one of those before. Remedy related?
So is it my remedy??? Should I up my dose, or just stick with 30c. If so, when do I take it again? (cell salt question in next reply.)
I have to say emotionally I am doing great. Feeling kind of happy weepy, really connected to my family and the world. (I keep on meaning to comment on the spirituality thread)

Children deserve the respect of puzzling it out.
Old 01-18-2009, 11:27 PM

After DS had some asthmatic episodes I went to my Dr. and he prescribed 4 remedies for him to take everyday. He's been taking them since October. He said it was for healing his digestive tract.
DS hasn't had any asthma since.
Now if I could just get his nasal congestion a bit better he'd be a lot more comfortable.

Laura~ wife to my stuntman, Stig, mama to Gavin Rutgar reading.gif(4) and now Wyatt Andreas (1) and 2 little angel1.gif.

Old 01-18-2009, 11:31 PM

I am trying to understand cell salt a little more, and how they respond differently to your body.
I read a bit, so I understand that the idea behind them, and their purpose are different
"The inorganic constituents are, in a very real sense, the material basis of the organs and tissues of the body, and are absolutely essential to their integrity of structure and functional activity. According to Schussler's theory, any disturbance in the molecular motion of these salts in living issus, caused by a defeciency in the requesite amount, constitutes disease, which can be rectified and the requisite equilibrium re-estabiished by administering the same mineral salts in small quantities. "
from http://www.hpathy.com/tissuesalts/biochemic-theory.asp

http://www.hpathy.com/combinations/b...mbinations.asp
The Last Word..
Although the proponents of biochemic combinations say that it is a seperate system and we can use combinations because there can be a deficiency of more that one cell-salt at a given time, I have some questions which should make people situp and think.
1. How homeopathic Natrum-mur 12x is different from biochemic Natrum-mur 12x?
2. Why is it that Natrum-mur 6c is homeopathic but natrum-mur 12x is biochemic? There is technically speaking not much difference - both are diluted, potentized to nearly same level.
3. When biochemic medicines are also slected on the basis of symptom-similarity, how is it different from the homeopathic law of similia?
Anybody who ponders seriously over such questions would realize that cell-salts are not an independent system. They are very much a part of homeopathy and therefore the laws that apply to homeopathic combinations, should apply to the biochemic combinations too.

I would like to discuss how they are used differently. Do you use them for the same reasons (even though the underlying theory is different?)

Also, how frequently should they be taken. It seems like the pills are lactose based. I avoid dairy because of breastfeeding, but have taken lactose pills from time to time. I would be willing to take a few, but not many everyday.

so many questions now, because i am getting ready to order my kit, and I want to include other necessaries. :

Children deserve the respect of puzzling it out.
Old 01-18-2009, 11:48 PM - Thread Starter

I'm going to come back later, but the difference in my understanding is in the preparation. This is super technical but basically when a remedy is made it is triturated up to 3X and then potentized and succussed where as the cell salts are triturated up to 6X so there is more material present. ALSO classically cell salts are in 6X potency. So they are solely triturated. In that sense even a 6X remedy is different from a cell salt.

This answer begins to or almost fully addresses all the others...but I'll be back.
Old 01-18-2009, 11:59 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammo2Sammo View Post
Although the proponents of biochemic combinations say that it is a seperate system and we can use combinations because there can be a deficiency of more that one cell-salt at a given time, I have some questions which should make people situp and think.
1. How homeopathic Natrum-mur 12x is different from biochemic Natrum-mur 12x?
already answered to the best of my knowledge
2. Why is it that Natrum-mur 6c is homeopathic but natrum-mur 12x is biochemic? There is technically speaking not much difference - both are diluted, potentized to nearly same level.
absolutely untrue. The difference between 6C and 12X is non existent when it comes to material present. However the difference in action is very different. Potentization is a HUGE part of homeopathy. The biochemic remedies are not potentized to my knowledge. I will double check on that....but I'm relatively certain.
3. When biochemic medicines are also slected on the basis of symptom-similarity, how is it different from the homeopathic law of similia?
You aren't looking to induce an artificial disease as youa re with homeopathy. You are looking to correct a cellular imbalance.
Anybody who ponders seriously over such questions would realize that cell-salts are not an independent system. They are very much a part of homeopathy and therefore the laws that apply to homeopathic combinations, should apply to the biochemic combinations too.

I would like to discuss how they are used differently. Do you use them for the same reasons (even though the underlying theory is different?)
In my training they are nutritional and I use them as such.

Also, how frequently should they be taken. It seems like the pills are lactose based. I avoid dairy because of breastfeeding, but have taken lactose pills from time to time. I would be willing to take a few, but not many everyday.
Most protocols entail taking them four times a day. Cell salts are all lactose based.

so many questions now, because i am getting ready to order my kit, and I want to include other necessaries. :
That's the best I can do right now.....and like I said I'll double check on potentization (which is what makes a homeopathic remedy!)
Old 01-19-2009, 01:18 AM

Mammo2Sammo, I am unclear if you are self-proscribing the 30c Nat Mur, or working with someone who can advise you on dosing frequency. It is possible to take too often, and cause more issues.

Pat

I have a blog.

User Tag List