Flower Essences Support Thread - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-08-2011, 08:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

sadly there is no one book with all the essences.  You kind of have to get the two main ones.  (Bush Flower Essences which has the first 50 or so and then Bush Flower Healing which has the remainder plus updates from the originals, but not the original info.)

GET THE CARDS!  What are the prices on that site?  I haven't looked.  I can possibly help out there too if they aren't on sale.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2011, 09:43 PM

the prices on the book seem good: cards  $36,  each book $26

I have 21 essences picked out, but I would feel more comfortable going down to around 17.  Will look at them some more and might ask for feedback.

why would someone want green spider?  I was looking at the blend you made me and it had green spider, but I'm not understanding why.  I was midway through my pregnancy then (I think)

a couple things I really want to tackle:

DS2 can be a typical second born who doesn't think he can do, or even should try to do, things DS1 does.  He will not try to draw or learn other things DS1 does well. 

shoot baby awake will be back tomorrow

Children deserve the respect of puzzling it out.
Old 01-09-2011, 01:10 AM

I was on the fe thread in spirituality, but I don't think I've read this one.

In any case, this thread reminded me of the fes sale and I went to the site to read more. I am soooo drawn to the flourish line! I also read through many of the range of light flowers and feel a strong pull towards those, as well. I wonder if I just LOVE flowers???? love.gif

I have a handful of the bach flowers (by Nelson) and love those, too. Crab apple was instrumental for me at one point and vervain is mine and DD's go-to flower! Hornbeam is rather nice on occasion. They are pricey one by one at the hfs, though, so I have never even considered having an entire set.

That flourish line is looking very affordable with the sale. I have never used flower essences in a spray, though. Do you spray them in the air around you or in your mouth or in your water or on your body??? Does it matter?

I could find a way to swing the range of light 1/4 ounce set. Not sure how I would use them ALL practically (how long do they stay active?) nor storage, etc, but so many appeal to me by sight and the brief descriptions online.

I finally found a site with pictures of the Australian Bush flowers and several of those appealed to me, as well. EEK! lol.gif

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." - Mother Teresa

Old 01-09-2011, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireWithin View Post

why would someone want green spider?  I was looking at the blend you made me and it had green spider, but I'm not understanding why.  I was midway through my pregnancy then (I think)

It actually echoes sepia quite well.  It helps create an anchor and connect to the new babe.  Especially good for mamas who have had kiddos they are still figuring out issues for (because that can take over your life-and rightly so when things are rough.)  This brings some focus on the new life and builds a bridge for interaction...just gets you out of your head and into your heart.

Old 01-09-2011, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panserbjorne View Post

Quote:

It actually echoes sepia quite well.  It helps create an anchor and connect to the new babe.  Especially good for mamas who have had kiddos they are still figuring out issues for (because that can take over your life-and rightly so when things are rough.)  This brings some focus on the new life and builds a bridge for interaction...just gets you out of your head and into your heart.

well there you go - it seems that you picked a perfect one for me. : )

will put in on my to get list

Old 01-09-2011, 12:32 PM

It would be less applicable now. That was really for during the pregnancy. After, if bonding was an issue it would be bottlebrush...which should be on your list anyway.
Old 01-09-2011, 05:49 PM

sorry.  I hate writing from my phone.  It's always so....cryptic.

Anyway, green spider orchid is about tapping in to things we can't really understand with our minds.  It's about letting our heart take over and connect.  This is essential with a being that a. isn't right in front of you or b. has a vastly different way of expressing itself.  Green spider is a helpful essences, but more in pregnancy than anything else and I wouldn't put it on your top 20.

After the baby is born to get past a difficult start and to aide bonding bottlebrush is the appropriate flower for *females.*  It's different for males-that would be flannel flower.  Bottlebrush is one of the "polycrests" of the ABFE's and has many uses.  It's the specific for the large intestine though and is excellent for assisting waste elimination, cleaning out the alimentary canal, changing digestive patterns (to a large extent it would also help protect from outside influences as well.)  People have also used it for stopped up ears and noses, and to facilitate change-weaning, potty learning, going to school etc.

When you have a list if you want to post it feel free!    There's a few that would be great for you, but I'm sure you've figured that out already ;)

Old 01-09-2011, 06:38 PM

ok, I would like to have a few less, just because the books added up. Although I did say I wanted to spend $250 and I'm currently at $248 - recs for additions and removals are appreciated.  Keep in mind also that I only had the little blurbs from main website to work off of.

alpine mint

bauhinia

boab

bottlebrush

bush fuchsia

crowea

dagger hakea

fringed violet

kapok bush

little flannel flower

paw paw

red helmet orchid

she oak (don't wish to conceive, but assume it does more than that?)

southern cross

spinifex

green

boronia

sturt desert pea

Old 01-09-2011, 06:51 PM

Quote:

ok, I would like to have a few less, just because the books added up. Although I did say I wanted to spend $250 and I'm currently at $248 - recs for additions and removals are appreciated.  Keep in mind also that I only had the little blurbs from main website to work off of.

alpine mint

bauhinia

boab

bottlebrush

bush fuchsia

crowea

dagger hakea

fringed violet

kapok bush

little flannel flower

paw paw

red helmet orchid

she oak (don't wish to conceive, but assume it does more than that?)  yup.  balances female hormones, helps with water regulation etc.

southern cross

spinifex

green

boronia

sturt desert pea

I'd consider peach flowered tea tree for yeast/blood sugar imbalances/mood swings etc.  It's associated with the pancreas and is immensely helpful when you're healing your body.

Bush iris also regulates the pineal gland-helping with circadian rhythm, helps with lymphatic drainage, excess mucus production etc.

Tall Yellow Top-an excellent tool for tension headaches, dural torque (during stress or during food reactions)

I also wonder about just getting emergency essence and purifying essence (amazing for yeast/metals/allergies) as combos to play with...maybe even calm and clear too.

The only others I'd wonder about are old man banksia and macrocarpa for their endocrine affiliations.  OMB for thyroid dysfunction and macrocarpa for adrenals.

Old 01-09-2011, 07:12 PM

oh, and waratah!!!!

Old 01-13-2011, 09:35 PM

biggrinbounce.gif  ordered a bunch.  so excited.  I didn't get everything on my original list because the cost became too high, but I used my pendulum to decide what to get.

yeah!

Old 01-14-2011, 10:51 AM

I want to see the finalists!!!

Old 01-14-2011, 02:09 PM

Waratah

Old Man Banksia

Macrocarpa

Combination Essences Emergency

Combination Essences Purifying

Tall Yellow Top

Bush Iris

Peach-Flowered Tea Tree

She Oak

Bottlebrush

Paw Paw

Fringed Violet

Green

Spinifex

Boab

Bush Fuchsia

Dagger Hakea

Little Flannel Flower

so that's it.  I'm looking forward to reading the book and getting deeper into these flowers and the other ones I haven't ordered.  The only descriptions I had to work with were the brief ones on the site.

they didn't have the cards, but I will be ordering them

Old 01-14-2011, 04:21 PM

excellent list!!!!  I'm suprised crowea didn't make it, but glad waratah did.  Did you do the stock of the emergency or the dosage?

I think you are going to fall in love once you read the book.  I really think you've found your modality/range.  I have a good feeling about you and the ABFE's.

Old 01-16-2011, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panserbjorne View Post

excellent list!!!!  I'm suprised crowea didn't make it, but glad waratah did.  Did you do the stock of the emergency or the dosage?

I think you are going to fall in love once you read the book.  I really think you've found your modality/range.  I have a good feeling about you and the ABFE's.

big smile.  I am excited.  Yes, I'm a bit surprised also about crowea.  I sensed at an earlier point that it was important.  no matter.  I planned on picking out a handful more after I read through the books.  That one will be on the top of my list. 

ummmm. stock or dosage?? not sure.  I didn't have a choice. 

It just feels like there is so much in the ABFE's.  As you've said before, so much depth.  I think this is going to move us along with our healing. 

I've been thinking about my treasure map recently and as I hoped, I've grown a lot in energy medicine.  I am thrilled, but another wish was to increase the amount of healthy foods we can eat.  (Sam just [temporarily] lost lemons, and I am more restricted than ever.)  I am feeling that ABFE's are going to help support our bodies in a way that will help us get past what I believe to be biochemical issues (histamine, glutamates, salts. etc).  So maybe by April I will be able to say the our variety of healthy foods have increased.

Old 01-16-2011, 05:49 PM

excellent.   well, crowea balances the systems after trauma...sort of puts things back into place.  So if the liver is stressed and it's thrown off the pancreas, kidneys, adrenals etc. it supports the systems so they can normalize.  Again, I'm seeing it work to move people back into the parasympathetic state after ingestion of allergens.  It is known to work on digestion, anxiety,  poor assimilation of nutrients (silica) and the like but it has lovely applications within food allergic populations.  It's a beautiful flowers.  Perhaps it will be in your next batch.

The blend emergency comes in two ways: a one ounce dosage or a 20 ml stock.  Either way is fine, but the stock you can stretch further.

You also have many of the flowers that correspond to the various glands in the endocrine system in there....awesome.

Old 01-16-2011, 07:05 PM

I placed my order through FES mid-week. I know the company is in CA, but do they ship from CA? I was hoping it'd arrive yesterday, but it didn't. I chose UPS Ground, which is usually rather quick.

I'm very excited to start working with the Flourish line on/with my DD and with the Range of Light line myself!!!!! I let her dose herself whenever she wishes, but it's fun to learn about them together and to watch her learn/grow/experience the flowers. love.gif

How does one use spray flower essences?

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." - Mother Teresa

Old 01-16-2011, 07:14 PM

they take forever to ship.  I'm sorry...it's never quick!

spray, you can do topical or just in the air.  That's flowers with oils though-not just flowers....so I'd want it to be topical.  For me.

Old 01-16-2011, 08:10 PM

That's right!!! I forgot they include EOs in their flourish line. Makes more sense why they are spray bottles. I'll let DD decide for herself. Even more exciting!!!! love.gif

I ordered YES for me in the dropper style bottle. I'll decide once I have it in hand. I don't mind ingesting certain EOs, but I want to feel the energy of it before deciding or looking up the specifics. I have extra spray tops, if I decide to do the air around me/others. Topical is just as easy with a dropper as a spray.

I'm readjusting my expectations of arrival to next Friday, which is over a week, same state???? Maybe????

Old 01-16-2011, 08:24 PM

LOL.  hopefully you'll have them by them!

YES is best taken orally IME.  You did good!!

Old 01-16-2011, 08:32 PM

Thanks! I'm sure I'll post once they arrive and I get to PLAY!!!! biggrinbounce.gif

Old 01-19-2011, 04:59 PM

I placed my order a week ago. My order was "processed" on 1/17/11. What does that mean??? I called them, but they have rather short business hours. I called at 3:45 pm (same time zone; same state) and I reached them after hours....

Old 01-19-2011, 05:06 PM

Well, they're closed Friday, Saturday and Sunday if memory serves.  So it sounds like it was perhaps shipped Tuesday?  (There was no mail on Monday, right?)  I'd guess you'll have it Friday.  It's shipped via UPS IIRC.  Let's hope for tomorrow or Friday!

I suppose they may be inundated because of the sale, but this is pretty standard for them...

Old 01-19-2011, 08:23 PM

Thanks! As much as I would like them tomorrow, I will be in and out all day (out more than in). Friday would be better....

Old 01-22-2011, 08:35 PM

Hey guys,

Sorry I have not read through the whole thread here, but I was wondering if I might get some help.

I have never used FE before and am really interested in them. I know I read somewhere about which FE to take for past trauma to like erase it or the feeling or something. I have a TON of past physical, sexual, and emotional trauma and it unfortunately is still heavily affecting my life even though I have not been in the midst of it the past 3 years.

I also have depression which I am taking SJW for. IDK if there is a FE to take to further help?

Also where do you buy yours? The Bach ones seem awfully expensive...

Thanks so much!

Young born-again mama and loving wife peace.gif to DH jammin.gif and SAHP to two crazy girls dust.gifwehomebirth.jpgfly-by-nursing2.gifslinggirl.giffamilybed1.gif and believe gd.giflactivist.gif  signcirc1.gif !

Old 01-23-2011, 10:32 AM

there are actually quite a few that would address what you're talking about.  that's the good news!  it's ferreting out the ones you need that can be more of a challenge.  So I'd say you could always start with taking a look at the flowers and seeing if any speak to you.  You'll often have some that jump out at you, and those are often the ones that will help.  I will try and post the link.

there are some great ones in the bush flower system that deal with this, and I tend to gravitate towards them.  there are also a few in the north american range as well.  for the english, you'd likely just start with star of bethlehem, possibly pine and crab apple if they fit.  Others would be added based on your personality.

I get mine mostly through FES, or straight from the manufacturer of other lines.  It feels better to me that way.  I don't really love the Nelson's "Bach" essences.  You can get the same flowers through FES and I feel they're a higher quality.  They also come in smaller bottles, which can make it a less expensive endeavor.

You can also look at the Australian line as they have premixed combinations.  One may just jump out at you.

Old 01-23-2011, 10:41 AM

oooh googled it and found the Bush combo ones! that looks good. There still seems to be a whole bunch I would need though! arg. my screwed up life lol I am soooooo sick of not healing! Countless therapy and some psych meds ect. I am so over it. Nothing seems to work, so I just HAVE to find a way to do this!

I have a question. With the sexuality one, it says it renews passion, enjoy touch ect. I don't have a fear of intimacy, DH and are are very well off there. It is more of the trauma from the abuse. I can't get it out of my head. So do you think I should take that one? Would it help my trauma or is that more for "getting back in the game" after something like that happens?

I also have a lot of anger. Do you think I should take Adol essence? IDK if I need the combo b/c I don't have the other conditions really. Or should I just take mountain devil?

Thank you!

Young born-again mama and loving wife peace.gif to DH jammin.gif and SAHP to two crazy girls dust.gifwehomebirth.jpgfly-by-nursing2.gifslinggirl.giffamilybed1.gif and believe gd.giflactivist.gif  signcirc1.gif !

Old 01-23-2011, 06:24 PM

I have a few technical questions for anyone who has the answers.

1. How many flowers are good for combinations? I found the answer is 3-5 and dealing when one main issue at a time is good (about a month). DD & I went through our new FES Range of Light essences cards and we both chose six favorite flowers based on what we were attracted to...six just happened to be the magic number; we didn't consciously choose that many nor the same number as each other. Five are unique to each of us and we share one. We read about them in the booklet and kept all six each. Although several overlap in general, they seem to address different aspects. We then read the affirmations on each of the six flower cards. I like all mine and DD doesn't feel strongly either way about hers. The interesting thing is neither of us would say the main theme to our six FEs is a pressing matter. I guess I will consult the pendulum tomorrow when it is quiet around here.

2. We have FES Flourish formulas, also. Are those stock or dosage? I finally found the answer! They are dosage. DD LOVES them! She especially loves spraying them in her mouth (one spray). I encouraged her to take the Kinder Garden formula first. She balked at the name because she is 9 and definitely NOT in Kindergarten. Oh boy. I'd like to add a drop or two of it to her water without her knowing exactly which one it is. Can I add it (Kinder Garden) to the combo I want to make her? Anyway, she went through the Flourish cards and chose her favorite pictures and sprayed each in her mouth once (2 formulas)...I told her she could try the third one at bedtime (Flora-Sleep). She is VERY attracted to that one!!!

3. She really, really likes Mind-Full because of the peppermint taste. She loves peppermint. I am thinking about flavoring her combo/dosage bottle with peppermint. We grow peppermint (organically, of course) and I have peppermint essential oil (Aura Cacia) and I might have peppermint food flavoring. I'm inclined to infuse peppermint leaves in the water for the dosage bottle. Is that okay? Will it even come through the brandy? Or, should I just pluck some peppermint leaves, wash them, and have her put one in her water bottle for the day along with a few drops of the combo?

Thanks!

Old 01-24-2011, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sosurreal09 View Post

oooh googled it and found the Bush combo ones! that looks good. There still seems to be a whole bunch I would need though! arg. my screwed up life lol I am soooooo sick of not healing! Countless therapy and some psych meds ect. I am so over it. Nothing seems to work, so I just HAVE to find a way to do this!

I have a question. With the sexuality one, it says it renews passion, enjoy touch ect. I don't have a fear of intimacy, DH and are are very well off there. It is more of the trauma from the abuse. I can't get it out of my head. So do you think I should take that one? Would it help my trauma or is that more for "getting back in the game" after something like that happens?

I also have a lot of anger. Do you think I should take Adol essence? IDK if I need the combo b/c I don't have the other conditions really. Or should I just take mountain devil?

Thank you!

IF the mountain devil fits you can just take that one.  The adol essence is excellent though and I find that many people need that (even if they don't need the red helmet orchid.)  I really like that blend though.

For the abuse, I'd guess a more custom approach would be best.  IF you're replaying things in your head then perhaps consider star of bethlehem, white chestnut, crab apple and pine *if* it applies. 

The australian blend has essences in it for trauma and history of abuse (that is usually why one would require this essence.)  It's hard to get back in the game if you haven't healed an experience like that.  You may have a beautiful relationship with your husband, but that doesn't mean you don't need healing within yourself.  This blend helps heal that so triggers aren't hit so easily, but if it doesn't seem to resonate you could definitely go a different route.  Some people are not terribly drawn to the australian flowers and if that's the case I'd use a different range.  HTH.

Old 01-25-2011, 06:22 AM

Thanks so much! I do replay things constantly which is really difficult, not just the sexual part. I replay childhood abuse and I was witness to a very tragic event as well.

I found a woman in NJ who will do custom mixes for you! You can get 5 mixed for $12 or 10 mixed for $14! She said she can mix the bush ones and any other ones she has in the store which is great. So I can get completely customized ones on the cheap! joy.gif

User Tag List