Flower Essences Support Thread - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 204 Old 02-08-2011, 01:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am pretty good about it for the kids and dh.  For me the changes are so profound that I tend to pay attention-but that's not the same thing as diligence.  It's just more that when I slip I realize it..  But the moment I realize that I'm in a pattern of imbalance I reach for them!

I will say that I'm taking a combo I would have been done with ages ago if I actually took it regularly.  I've gotten far enough that it's not high on my radar, but it's still there in the shadows.  I should get better about that!

#122 of 204 Old 02-08-2011, 02:58 PM

lol! well, maybe you get enough just by being around them. ;-) 

bluets, have you tried rock water? i read something that said "if you're just not finding you're taking FEs, then try rock water" (or words to that effect....)

(speaking of dogs and FE water, mine has one bowl of FE, and one with his homeopathics. there's one time a day he specifically goes out of his way to go get his FE water. so cute!)

#123 of 204 Old 02-08-2011, 03:45 PM

Robin Murphy talked about a bunch of personal experimentation of cell salts with his pets in one of his lectures.  He says that no matter what, if he puts down water with salt and water without salts they will always go to the water with salts.  Even if he swaps bowls, adds a third to confuse the picture etc...they always go to the cell salt water.  I keep wanting to experiment that way with the flowers.  I did so with my rats and they did hands down prefer the water with the flowers, but they were rescues and really needed it.  I felt like that confused the issue, kinda.

#124 of 204 Old 02-08-2011, 05:10 PM

i've got 1 cat who drinks out of a bowl, with or without cell salts.  the other cat (the sick one) MUST HAVE water in the sink.

aweyn - i experience FEs vicariously :)  -- so, no, i haven't tried rock water.  will have to ponder that...

Jennifer, Naturopath and mom

#125 of 204 Old 02-08-2011, 05:27 PM

I haven't experimented with our rescue kitty. She seems so healthy and vibrant now!

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." - Mother Teresa

#126 of 204 Old 02-11-2011, 10:25 AM

ds had the idea to start putting the dogs salts in his water (we'd started taking ours in water, too, since we've gone from just bioplasma to several others, and it just got overwhelming!).... so, he now has three water bowls! his favorite does seem to be the salt water. i'll be interested to see if he still goes for the flower water at the same time he's been doing it..... such fun to play! 

does anyone put FEs and cell salts in the same water? i've been keeping them seperate for ds and i, but i was behind the other day with dh and put some FEs in his salt water. he's less sensitive about that stuff than either ds or i, so i figured it would matter less.... curious what others do for those who are out of the house/from under your watchful eye..... 

#127 of 204 Old 02-11-2011, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Post

does anyone put FEs and cell salts in the same water? i've been keeping them seperate for ds and i, but i was behind the other day with dh and put some FEs in his salt water. he's less sensitive about that stuff than either ds or i, so i figured it would matter less.... curious what others do for those who are out of the house/from under your watchful eye..... 

yup.  I do it in mine too.  I feel it's a lovely balance.  It feels really nice to me.  I also *somehow* remember to drink more often when they're in there.

#128 of 204 Old 02-11-2011, 10:46 AM

since mine are so.... complimentary, i might fall into doing that with mine. :-)

interesting thing happened, i'd forgotten about. ds loves to help put the cell salts in the glasses and then pour the water in. he was stirring his after, and i left him at the table to clear things away, and when i came back to the table, he had finished his whole glass of water! a whole day's worth of cell salts consumed in less than a minute! and then asked for more. with a huge smile on his face. i didnt give him more, because i wasnt sure it would be good... but it's not the only story i've heard about kiddos just loving cell salts. amazing. 

#129 of 204 Old 02-12-2011, 07:58 AM

I let my DD self-dose the flower essences and cell salts any time. She can put them in water or just take them. She prefers the cell salts directly in her mouth, but the FEs in water. Her mood changes soooo rapidly with FEs and she feels the cell salts VERY quickly, too. As far as I can tell through reading and hearing about other people's experiences, one cannot take too much of either and be harmed. It is a waste of money if done excessively, of course, but sometimes the body just needs more than we might think.

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." - Mother Teresa

#130 of 204 Old 02-17-2011, 07:20 AM

thanks for that! he did it again, and i let him have more. :-) 

the dog still goes for the flower water (far out of his way) each day! which i think is awesome. 

how are you doing with all your many floral options, sunnysd? i'm just taking one right now, so i want to hear from someone who is playing!

#131 of 204 Old 02-17-2011, 09:41 AM

Hi there! I felt a lot of shifts in the very first week.

I was most surprised by the Grief Relief flourish formula. I was taking one spritz in my mouth before bed every other night. Whoa. Those nights were VERY intense, dream-wise. (I usually dream anyway and often have quite vivid, intense dreams. These were several notches more intense.) Each morning after, I felt a deep, damp heaviness in my chest. I meditate and do conscious breathing before getting out of bed each morning, then I shower, dress, and walk my DD to school. Once home, I eat breakfast and start my day. I was taking one spritz of Grounding Green and one spritz of Magenta Self-Healer in my mouth before my shower on those mornings. By breakfast, I was feeling back in my body. I felt great after my second spritz of Magenta Self-Healer mid-day. On those nights, I was taking one spritz of Flora-Sleep and I would sleep deeper and calmer. It was a nice rhythm.

I'm using the past tense because life has gotten a little crazy around here and I have forgotten to take the flourish formulas for 3-4 days now. I was just thinking about them this morning and I may have taken one spritz of something, but it is already a blur. blush.gif

Anyway, I could feel the deep, damp heaviness easing a tiny bit every other day. I am still enthralled and fascinated! I didn't even realize grief was an issue for me. I'm still not sure what correlates to it. I was just getting into the depths of it when other things became a top priority (short-term volunteer job that has become very demanding of my time) and I let it take over completely. Learning to balance all my interests is one of the things I am working on, so this is a good reminder.

The YES and Magenta Self-Healer feel so incredibly lovely. Even just holding them makes me feel good. (I usually have one or the other with me.) I live less than a dozen miles from the beach and I adore the beach!!! Walking barefoot in the sand right at the surf's edge is probably my favorite activity ever. I wish I could do it every day. The YES gives me a similar feeling as the beach experience. It could be the similar smells (both have salty water), but it feels deeper than that. The self-healer feels different than YES...really, really GOOD, also.

The other surprise flourish formula is Grace. I don't particularly care for lilies. They are just okay to look at and I don't like their strong scent. The Grace flourish formula is pretty much a bunch of different lilies, so I was very pleasantly surprised with my first spritz. It tastes good and it makes me smile. The mornings I was starting my day with this I had an extra bounce in my step. orngbiggrin.gif

I found the extremes of the effects of these FE formulas a bit draining. Every other morning I was barely in my body (effects of Grief Relief) and the following morning I had an extra bounce in my step. Both took a lot of energy out of me first thing in the morning. Then, the YES and MSH created a lovely calm for most of the day. There is probably a lesson in here somewhere. I haven't figured it out, yet... winky.gif

#132 of 204 Old 02-21-2011, 09:54 AM

i've only tried one of the FES flourish formulas, but i did find it to be rather intense. have you tried any of the range of light yet (you did get those as well, right?)? 

#133 of 204 Old 02-21-2011, 12:16 PM

Yes, I did get the Range of Light FEs, too! I have only held the bottles in my hand (every one of them) and looked through all the cards -- several times. love.gif

This volunteer job has me wrapped up in other things right now. I've had 9 people at my house (4 different visits) this morning alone. I'm taking a brief break before I get back to those tasks because there will be more people coming by later and I'm not ready for them, yet. I like most of it, so it's all good. Just time-consuming for about two months. The timing is such that my DH has been out of town on business for a couple weeks during this (two different trips). My dad, who lives close, was very ill with the flu during part of this time, too. Thankfully, some friends have my DD for part of the day today. I actually got my sheets washed finally! As silly as it sounds, this makes me VERY happy!!! thumb.gif

#134 of 204 Old 02-21-2011, 03:13 PM

you're not going to have to say that twice.  clean sheet day is the best!

#135 of 204 Old 02-21-2011, 05:02 PM

too true! 

#136 of 204 Old 02-21-2011, 08:19 PM

I have been so busy today that I actually forgot about the fresh, clean sheets waiting to slide into....ahhhh....I may just have to go to bed early tonight... winky.gif

#137 of 204 Old 02-27-2011, 07:06 AM

flowersforyou.gif just a little bump........ just in case anyone needed a reminder, or prompting, or........... anything............... 

#138 of 204 Old 02-27-2011, 08:13 AM

Ha!  Is everyone still diligently taking their flowers?  How goes it?  What wonderous things are you seeing?

#139 of 204 Old 02-27-2011, 05:58 PM

I simplified. Ha! I have been taking one spritz of Grief Relief every other night and one spritz of Grounding Green the next morning. That's it for now. Amazing! I can feel such shifts in my back and chest. love.gif

#140 of 204 Old 02-27-2011, 06:44 PM

nice!

I'm just taking one flower now.  loving the shifts.

#141 of 204 Old 02-27-2011, 07:07 PM

Just started learning about FE's, well, today. I was at my co-op and something stopped me at the flower essence's and my hand went for Mountain Pennyroyal and awesomely enough it is SPOT ON what I need. Don't you just love it when things like that happen?! joy.gif I came home and read about it and I will be buying some tomorrow. Prayers are appreciated!

#142 of 204 Old 02-27-2011, 07:13 PM

you got 'em!

yummus likes this.
#143 of 204 Old 02-28-2011, 05:39 PM

Thank you God!

Well, it went grand. I do think I am missing some but overall it was pretty awesome. DH says it is the power of the mind; I told him I'd hide some in his food and we will see. wink1.gif

#144 of 204 Old 03-01-2011, 11:29 AM

Hmm, major breakdown last night. Is this common when using FE's? 

#145 of 204 Old 03-01-2011, 12:15 PM

I wouldn't say it's common.  Flowers don't aggravate per se, but they can interrupt certain compensatory patterns.  Without your regular patterns it can feel like the rug has been pulled out from under you and it can be tough to find your footing.

case in point, if you are someone who is taken advantage of frequently, who never stands up for yourself or gets what you need, if you are always helping other people who don't help you back etc. etc. etc. and you take a flower to help with that pattern of imbalance, what COULD happen is that you end up for a short time having a very short fuse as you find your footing.  Once you see yourself being abused then the logical reaction could be anger.  Now instead of happily doing for others you are lashing out.  This is it's own imbalance, and can be addressed, but I tend to not have to.  Normally it only lasts a few days in which new boundaries are set!

This may feel like a breakdown, or like the flowers aggravated something when in reality they just allowed you to see and respond to patterns you were stuck in that haven't served you.  Does that answer your question?  They aren't really like homeopathy where they can create symptoms that didn't exist before.

#146 of 204 Old 03-01-2011, 12:42 PM

I could use some advice and I am too "stuck" in the moment to find my own way this time.

Brief background:

I live in townhomes in an HOA. Many trees were planted in our HOA a long time ago that weren't exactly appropriate for close living. Slowly, some of these trees have needed to be removed due to various issues with their roots or toppling tendencies.

So, a year or so ago, the two ficus trees between our building and the next were removed. This was okay with all of us, but we did miss certain aspects of them (mainly shade on the sidewalk and greenness). This was on the South side of our home, in front of our living room.

Last year, more recently, a mega large ficus was removed from a different area. This was on the West side of our home (but not close), visible from our second floor master bedroom. Our master bedroom is very important to me. It is where I meditate and feel the most grounded. It is my retreat when I need to do so. I miss this tree.

Yesterday, I came home and discovered the palm tree close to our home, also visible from our master bedroom, had been cut down. It was in a neighbor's yard and it was too tall for the situation. Logically, I understand.

However, I feel like sobbing my eyes out. I felt such a deep affinity for this particular tree. I had a busy day yesterday and felt the impact, but was able to "forget" due to the distractions of the day. My dad was here earlier helping me measure for new windows and we had the blinds open. He left and I just got out of the shower to a wide open window. yikes2.gif Thank goodness no one was around. LOL However, it really hit me HARD that my special tree is gone. mecry.gif

I immediately felt the impact and thought of flower essences, but I feel so caught up in the overwhelming emotions that I cannot think straight to figure out which one will help. It is more than a deep sense of loss, but I cannot express my feelings at the moment other than gut-wrenchingly strong...

Any suggestions?

#147 of 204 Old 03-01-2011, 01:22 PM

oh mama.  I don't know what flowers you have on hand, but I'd probably start with star of bethlehem.  Maybe honeysuckle too.

#148 of 204 Old 03-01-2011, 03:04 PM

I don't have either of those. :(

However, your response inspired me to get up and go sit where my FEs are. In our master bedroom, btw. I opened my Range of Light sets to see if I had the above and they felt sooo good, so I grabbed my cards on those. The flourish cards were on top, though. I used Post-Trauma Stablizer first. I sprayed it on my chin/throat area for some strange reason and then a second spritz on my heart area. A few minutes later, I sprayed the Grief Relief in my mouth. I had a few minutes before needing to walk to pick DD up from school, so I went through all the ROL cards. Lungwort stands out for some reason. This flower has come up before. In fact, it comes up every time I play with my ROL cards. I haven't taken any, though. Got any insight?

I still felt heavy and teary-eyed on the walk to and from school. The way back was consumed with DD's happy chatter. In the 25 minutes I was gone, my mom called. She lives across the country. My dad, however, lives super close (90 second walk) and he and DD have a playdate today. I sent DD to Grandpa's for their playdate and called my mom back. (I would normally have kept DD home to talk to Grams before sending her to Grandpa's.) Today, though, I wanted my mom to myself. She asked me how I was doing and I told her how sad I was about this tree. She is such a practical person. She suggested I get a small palm tree. However, there was empathy and understanding in her voice. Which, btw, I have never noticed in the past with her practical suggestions. I see this as growth on my part and am happy.

I have a few minutes before I need to get ready for a class I am teaching tonight. I want to find my directions and make a dosage bottle of the lungwort. Even if it doesn't help with this situation, it has been calling to me...

#149 of 204 Old 03-01-2011, 03:19 PM

Wow. I just re-read what I wrote above and got such a visual image of how I dosed myself earlier.

Post-trauma stabilizer on my chin/throat area - TALKING about my sadness will help.

Post-trauma stabilizer on my heart area - FEELING the love and warmth of others will help.

Grief Relief in my mouth - I had felt like I was going to vomit. My emotions/feelings were so deep within me.

This is what Lungwort (Mertensia ciliata) says on the card:

Breathing in, I descend into the depths of my pain.

Breathing out, I allow new forces to uplift me.

I feel my heart expanding into a new realm of Light.

Moving through the weight of life,

I find new wings of Soul.

Oh, how I love the flowers!!!!!

#150 of 204 Old 03-01-2011, 03:25 PM

aren't they just perfection?  you did good, mama.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page