Flower Essences Support Thread - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 204 Old 03-16-2011, 10:24 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

well, in reading barnard's F&F, he mentions that at times of challenge, our "types" are easier to see...... 

i realized, when i read what he wrote, that i had been able to find mine (well, pb was!) following a major crisis. if i'd been my "usual" self, i wouldnt have seen it, wouldnt have asked pb the question i did that led her to it. 

does that make sense? 

almost that, when i'm "me," i dont "need" it-- and i wouldnt even think it was me, think i need it. at all. ..... but when i'm not myself, when i'm stressed, when i'm *very* stressed, especially, i do need it, and it's SO clear what it is. so.... by taking my "type" FE, i'm more me all the time. to the point that i dont need much else. 

i'm not at all sure that expresses what i want it to..... but it might be interesting to glance thru the 12 healers and see if one jumps to you for how you are right now? i've no idea if that will work or help..... but it might be interesting to try! 

#182 of 204 Old 03-16-2011, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Post

well, in reading barnard's F&F, he mentions that at times of challenge, our "types" are easier to see...... 

i realized, when i read what he wrote, that i had been able to find mine (well, pb was!) following a major crisis. if i'd been my "usual" self, i wouldnt have seen it, wouldnt have asked pb the question i did that led her to it. 

does that make sense? 

by taking my "type" FE, i'm more me all the time. to the point that i dont need much else. 

this is how I see it too.  Firstly, challenges are necessary and not something I look to eliminate (you are correct, S...they are necessary catalysts for growth.)  It's how you handle them that will help guide you to essences.  From the above example I started asking questions to help differentiate between flowers and A had to look into herself to see her patterns.  Your "type" patterns will always be there as a common thread, but they won't necessarily be what's prominent all the time.  It will generally become more pronounced in times of stress because as humans we will have ways that we slip.  Again, I don't ever look at "correct" that.  I look to make life stressful.

By addressing what's in front of you you should get some relief, but it won't be lasting.  flowers work beautifully for acute situations, but people will feel better longer and with a more profound sense of peace if you can get under what's presenting.  That comes when you get used to seeing how things manifest and teasing out the threads.  You can always help by looking at what's presenting, but it is important to differentiate between similar essences.  feeling a bit off as you described can help you also.  There really aren't aggravations with flowers, but if you ease a comfortable pattern of compensation you can feel like you're floundering as you look for a new way.  Does that make sense?

#183 of 204 Old 03-16-2011, 12:10 PM

Yes, you are both making a LOT of sense and I greatly appreciate the input and suggestions!

Aweyn - I read what you wrote and part of my brain/mind says, "Yes! Great idea!" while another part says, "I am not capable of doing that right now."

PB - Patterns of compensation hit home HARD. I am actively mixing things up...deliberately. The chaos is necessary. It's challenging when I am in the midst of a "crisis" (from several sources, including the recent disaster in Japan) to regain my footing and to remember all the good.

In a few moments of quiet reflection (no computers or phone calls) between my above replies and this one, I realized what the catalyst is this time around. Family drama within two blended families we met in late January. Of the ten people in these two families, I am VERY drawn to the step-mother and the 10-year-old daughter. This woman is everything I wished my own step-mother would have been for me when I was a child. The feelings are so extreme and I don't have any coping skills for this...

While I was in the shower, my insurance agent called to give me an update on a different "crisis". At the end of her message, she said, "You are in good hands," and throughout the message she was positive and caring. She meant it sincerely and I felt a big smile come over me. orngbiggrin.gif

So, now, I am on the floor in my bedroom next to my flower essences... ready to spend some time with them. love.gif

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." - Mother Teresa

#184 of 204 Old 03-16-2011, 12:56 PM

This is absolutely wonderful - pause for my cliche "Oprah" phrases right now, but I get exactly what each of you are saying. Yes I am having a light bulb moment!!

Maybe this belongs to the other FE thread, but, and this is me rolling this idea around in my head,  could it be said that each challenge we encounter  shows us as individuals our authentic selves and we can begin to identify our core issues to work on them for overall peace.  Does that make sense?

treehugger.gifAnd you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.treehugger.gif

#185 of 204 Old 03-16-2011, 12:58 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

aweyn - i thought you might enjoy this post: http://www.floweressencemagazine.com/blog/?p=1909

still no rock water.  i even had the box open to mix a certain blend!  totally forgot about the rock water!

Jennifer, Naturopath and mom

#186 of 204 Old 03-16-2011, 01:55 PM

ktg - I like to think that each challenge opens us up for the possibility to see our authentic selves. In reality, though, I don't know. When I am in a good state, I definitely feel that way...each challenge gives me insight and clarity. When I am in a stressed state (either moderate or extreme), I am not really able to see any of that. Maybe that's the point, though???

So, I spent some quality time with my FEs. love.gif

I was straightening up that area a bit and my hand touched my tiny bottle of lungwort. It was a magical moment. I kept it with me throughout preparing and eating lunch. (I also spritzed Grief Relief in my mouth at some point and read a bit of literature and gathered all my items for preparing a dosage bottle.)

After lunch, I consulted my pendulum and prepared a dosage bottle of lungwort. Then, I added 2 drops to my existing half-glass of water. Took a sip. Ahhhhh.....

Between holding it and drinking some, I feel a hundred times better.

(Cell salts alert: I also consulted my pendulum on cell salts for right that moment and took those -- 3-6 that I don't recall exactly, but kali phos was in there and calc phos was NOT. Then, I consulted the pendulum for what would be best for me to take every single day for a week. Calc phos came up.)

I had a hard time asking the right questions, but eventually I got to putting one calc phos and 2 drops of my lungwort dosage in every glass of water I drink for awhile. The timing was very unclear, so I settled with "awhile". I'll check in again at another point.

I just am amazed at how much better I feel right at this moment. love.gif

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." - Mother Teresa

#187 of 204 Old 03-16-2011, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ktg_ View Post

This is absolutely wonderful - pause for my cliche "Oprah" phrases right now, but I get exactly what each of you are saying. Yes I am having a light bulb moment!!

Maybe this belongs to the other FE thread, but, and this is me rolling this idea around in my head,  could it be said that each challenge we encounter  shows us as individuals our authentic selves and we can begin to identify our core issues to work on them for overall peace.  Does that make sense?

yes and yes!

#188 of 204 Old 03-17-2011, 09:34 AM

yay for lightbulb moments! FEs are amazing for "light".... read barnard on that. love it. 

sunny~ i just had to look up lungwort. it's a beautiful little flower! i found myself starting to interpret it based on what i read in the barnard. found myself thinking of cerato... purely because of the coloring. 

bluets, i read that article when i was first looking at taking centaury. "wounded healer".... bach says it slightly differently. i came across it in the barnard... something about first making ourselves more positive.  

"looking for new ways".... <nodding> it's fascinating. i'm almost at 2 months on centaury, and still my reactions are shifting. there were some huge shifts at first, then some time of calm, with maybe some blips.... recently i've been having deeper shifts.... which does leave me feeling a little.... adrift. and yet more deeply rooted. odd phraseology, but it captures the feeling. 

#189 of 204 Old 03-21-2011, 01:29 PM

how's everyone doing? :-) i love flower chat. i want more. lol!

#190 of 204 Old 03-21-2011, 01:33 PM

I'm doing great!  Using my type flower and a purifying blend through ABFE right now as I'm doing a spring cleanse of sorts.  Added a flower or two as I'm having yeasty symptoms crop up.  Going well!

#191 of 204 Old 03-21-2011, 02:53 PM

I am only taking my lungwort (first dosage bottle I have made, which felt empowering!). Two drops in every single glass of water I drink. I read the affirmation every morning (my quiet time) and I turn the card over to the beautiful full-color picture all other times. I love it! love.gif

I'm just allowing it to do its thing and going along with whatever is supposed to happen will happen. It is a rather lovely concept and I am surprisingly okay with it. Totally not like me usually. LOL I haven't analyzed it much at all, which is another surprise! biggrinbounce.gif

#192 of 204 Old 03-25-2011, 07:01 PM

i need a remedy (i.e., FE) and i'm too lazy and tired to figure it out for myself.  it is work-specific because i am becoming a master of not reading work email at home :)

i have to deal with a lot of malicious (not sure if it is intentional but that is the result) people at work so i need something to help me be true to myself, protect myself, but to be uber polite and sweet to them, letting their snarkiness wash over me without affecting me.  these people are divas and when something doesn't go just so, they take it out on others around them.  but then on top of that, i'm also dealing with the sad corporatization of academia (obstructive institutional policies).  so it is just an ugh situation until i'm done apprenticing.  it pays the bills but it is draining emotionally.  i can deal with the general ugh but when the divas come whining to me, wailing about how covert our policies and procedures are (when they're not - the divas just don't pay attention to email communications), how they are the victims (so change your lifestyle and career, you @#$ @#$, don't whine to me)... i have little sympathy and want to lash out when i need to be sickly sweet (totally not me).  i have calc carb tendencies in these moments.  i could totally be like Marie Antoinette - "Let them eat cake" - and not feel badly for saying it, when such a sentiment would only exacerbate the situation.

anyone got any ideas?

#193 of 204 Old 03-26-2011, 07:48 AM

walnut, holly, & impatiens? (or rock water, lol) ;-)

what about hornbeam?

#194 of 204 Old 03-26-2011, 08:10 AM

is english easiest?

I'd be thinking willow, walnut and beech to start.  If you really need the help to be heart centered and true to yourself as you put it, then consider cerato.  I don't think you really need that though...I'm suspecting what you're saying is how do you maintain your own barriers and not let who you have to be at work permeate who you are.  I don't think you really are losing sight of your truth (could be wrong though!)

#195 of 204 Old 03-26-2011, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panserbjorne View Post

is english easiest?

I'd be thinking willow, walnut and beech to start.  If you really need the help to be heart centered and true to yourself as you put it, then consider cerato.  I don't think you really need that though...I'm suspecting what you're saying is how do you maintain your own barriers and not let who you have to be at work permeate who you are.  I don't think you really are losing sight of your truth (could be wrong though!)

yes, english is easiest.

yeah that (bolded part above) - it really isn't too hard most of the time.  it's just on miserably crappy days (like some of this past week!) that i need a little extra support.  

i'll start with willow, walnut and beech then...

aweyn - i've tried impatiens, but it isn't really me who needs it - the divas need that. if only i could send FEs via email. rock water just isn't speaking to me.

#196 of 204 Old 03-26-2011, 06:01 PM

I figured the english range would be close at hand!

The willow will help with the resentment, the walnut with protecting you against other people's crap so you don't take too much on and beech with the, well...beechiness that results from their whining!  LOL!  If you're having catty responses in your head, it's a really solid bet!

#197 of 204 Old 03-28-2011, 08:04 AM

I finally got myself some Aspen, Mimulus and also some Walnut.  I started on Saturday just with Aspen, then felt the need to take both and that worked nicely.  Now I'm alternating between an Aspen & Mimulus combo and my Pine/Willow combo as I found some thoughts/worries continuing to hang around and circle in my head a bit too much when just taking Aspen & Mimulus. 

This week is an icky week for me, so I also splurged and got a bottle of 5 phos cell salts and taking those too since work will be a doozy and a huge source of stress and turmoil for me. Also I'm hoping this will give me a bit of flexibility in dealing with my boss - who is even more keyed up about this accreditation visit and is on a downward spiral of crazy and inane requests to be done before these people get here (on Wednesday!) which is amping up my stress level. I've already had one snarky email from him and it wasn't even 8am yet this morning.  

I haven't started with the Walnut (yet), but holding it felt right so I'll probably need it sooner than later winky.gif

treehugger.gifAnd you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.treehugger.gif

#198 of 204 Old 03-28-2011, 11:26 AM

have you considered white chestnut at all?

#199 of 204 Old 03-31-2011, 07:23 AM

You know I haven't since the first time I picked out some FEs ... but now I am wondering if I should be seeking that out as I am working with the mimulus/aspen.

I got used to my mind being quiet when I used pine/willow, so this is kind of maddening in a way to have these thoughts circle around again, especially as I am trying to go to sleep.

If I can't pick up white chestnut anytime soon - what could I use instead:

I have Aspen, Mimulus, Pine, Walnut, and Willow. 

I dream of a full collection one day....

#200 of 204 Old 03-31-2011, 11:34 AM

pine and willow can both have perseveration....so it would depend what you're perseverating ON to distinguish between the two.  They're quite different.  You can also combine those flowers to make a blend and see if that helps instead of alternating between them.

#201 of 204 Old 04-01-2011, 08:43 AM

Last night I tried to "observe" what was rolling around in my mind while trying to do my oracle cards.  Previously (when taking pine/willow together) I've been able to clear my mind, quiet it and thoughts float through.  They do not stay.

Right now ricochet feels like a better word to describe the flurry of thoughts and how quickly the bounce around and almost echo in my mind.  Mostly the thoughts were "to-do" or "remember this" and some were reliving a moment (typically the moments are of anger or resentment) and/or I wish I said this or did this to mitigate the results. 

I should say - yesterday I did a blend of walnut, willow & aspen and it felt comfy with what I had going on (lots of being interviewed & scruntized for our program at work - along with dealing with my boss who is going off the rails a bit in terms of craziness)

#202 of 204 Old 04-01-2011, 09:16 AM

ktg - Some of what you are feeling may be outside of you and you may be sensitive to it. I know several people personally (and more online) who are feeling what you described and the circumstances are unique to each of us.

I myself am feeling super antsy the last few days...unable to focus nor sit still and feel a lot of swirling energy all around me...I feel like a leaf on the breeze and I need a tree! I need some new grounding tools. Meditating is usually my grounding tool and I am simply unable to focus long enough TO meditate these days. I've been keeping up my twice a day routine anyway, but it just isn't working. Going to the beach and walking barefoot on the sand is also helpful for me and I may just ditch my morning responsibilities and do just that. (I live 15 minutes from the beach.)

I have very few English FEs, but I have the entire sets of the Range of Light and Flourish Formulas by FES -- including Five Flower and YES. I am unable to focus long enough to choose one or more. Got any ideas for me???

#203 of 204 Old 04-01-2011, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ktg_ View Post

Last night I tried to "observe" what was rolling around in my mind while trying to do my oracle cards.  Previously (when taking pine/willow together) I've been able to clear my mind, quiet it and thoughts float through.  They do not stay.

Right now ricochet feels like a better word to describe the flurry of thoughts and how quickly the bounce around and almost echo in my mind.  Mostly the thoughts were "to-do" or "remember this" and some were reliving a moment (typically the moments are of anger or resentment) and/or I wish I said this or did this to mitigate the results. 

I should say - yesterday I did a blend of walnut, willow & aspen and it felt comfy with what I had going on (lots of being interviewed & scruntized for our program at work - along with dealing with my boss who is going off the rails a bit in terms of craziness)

okay, so if pine and willow do that for you, why stop them at all?  That's what I'm curious about.  And if you were comfortable yesterday with willow and not pine that suggests it's willow that's really working for you.

what you're describing is a perfect indication for white chestnut if you're treating acutely.  It's possible though that willow or pine is getting deeper to your core-so they'd be a great choice!  Given what you're saying it really does seem more likely that it's willow.

#204 of 204 Old 04-02-2011, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panserbjorne View Post

okay, so if pine and willow do that for you, why stop them at all?  That's what I'm curious about.  And if you were comfortable yesterday with willow and not pine that suggests it's willow that's really working for you.

what you're describing is a perfect indication for white chestnut if you're treating acutely.  It's possible though that willow or pine is getting deeper to your core-so they'd be a great choice!  Given what you're saying it really does seem more likely that it's willow.

Fair question - when I started with Aspen & mimulus I truly believed that I would be working on a separate issue and so (in my mind) it didn't seem to make sense to continue to use the pine and willow.  I thought I might be mixing too many flowers in a blend and not getting to the heart of the matter/issue, if that makes sense.  

I'm enjoying aspen/willow/walnut right now and when I'm feeling a bit of self-doubt I'll follow up with pine. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page