"You should be taking flouride!!!" - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 01-24-2009, 02:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yes, my parents have been telling me this. I need to be taking flouride pills to help strengthen the baby's teeth! Apparently my mom took them when she was pregnant and that's why my brother and I had good teeth??? It sounds kind of hinky to me. They tell you not to swallow mouthwash with flouride right? So why would I TAKE the stuff? It sounds dangerous.

Kas (24), Helpmeet to Stefan (25), Mom to Franklin Gaudelio 4/15/09, Jonathan Boswell 1/2/11
#2 of 10 Old 01-24-2009, 03:31 PM

Riiight. That's why every European Union country, excepting one, has banned the addition of fluoride to their water supply.

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
#3 of 10 Old 01-24-2009, 04:08 PM

flouride, taken orally, toxic. that is horrible!!!!

DS 5-11-06
#4 of 10 Old 01-24-2009, 04:17 PM

Yeah, really a bad, bad idea. It is very easy to take too much fluoride and cause irreversible fluorosis, not to mention taking it in pill form would be just horrible. I can't believe that they would make such a product, although I'm sure they do. Actually, I believe most people get large amounts of fluoride even if they avoid fluoride.
#5 of 10 Old 01-24-2009, 04:50 PM

It's also common practice to my children on flouride at age one. Crazy. So glad my city didn't add it to the water. The nearby, much larger city did a few years back and I'm glad to be living up here! I always had the flouride treatments twice a year at the dentist as a kid but they also gave me a lovely spit sucker to hold to prevent swallowing it. My dentist didn't even recommend it more than twice a year unswallowed and he was the teeth expert. Can't imagine eating it daily or worse, feeding it to my child to eat daily! I think a lot of people are taking it and giving it to their children simply because the doctors and well meaning family and friends they trust are telling them it is nessesary for health. We all fall in and take people's word sometimes... this is something I'm glad I took the time to look into before jumping in the supposed rescue raft.

~TRACY, wife to loving dh, mommy to dd (10/05), ds(12/08), 3 kitties, & 2 pups.
#6 of 10 Old 01-24-2009, 08:10 PM

Check www.zellies.com, Dr Ellie [a general/pediatric dentist] advises no internal fluoride because it is toxic and a poison, but gives the research and results of chewing 100% xylitol chewing gum for strengthening and cleaning your teeth AND strengthening your baby's teeth at the same time. She has all the research that has been done - 40 yrs worth - plus the research still being carried out. Very informative site!

Also if you're into homeopathics, you could take Calcerea Phos and Calcerea Fluor 30X. My son is on a maintainance dose of these, plus the Xylitol and his dentist says his teeth are very strong for a toddler...but they weren't always that way. He HAD fluorosis-induced ECC according to the pediatric dentist. NOTE: I said HAD. The last time he was at the dentist he no longer had any active ECC, everything had been arrested or stopped, or remineralized.

Anyway check www.1-800homeopathy.com or www.elixirs.com for homeopathic stuff.
#7 of 10 Old 01-24-2009, 08:20 PM

Calcium fluoride, aka organic fluoride is naturally occurring in vegetables, fruits, and nuts.

Sodium fluoride aka inorganic fluoride or hydrofluosilicic acid, is the type of fluoride added to public water. It is a raw untreated waste from the phosphate fertilizer mining industry, a byproduct of industrial processes.

The waste is straight from the pollution scrubber systems of the phosphate mines and is highly contaminated with arsenic, lead, aluminum, and a potpourri of other heavy metals. Sodium fluoride is used in some rat poisons.
Water fluoridation is very controversial and considered to be a poison. It is banned in all but one European country.

http://www.fluoridealert.org/
#8 of 10 Old 01-24-2009, 09:29 PM - Thread Starter

That's what I thought. Thanks for the validation!

I'll admit to using "Act Restoring Mouthwash" because I have horrid acid wear from years of bulimia...but I don't do it everyday because I'm sure that even that minute amount isn't good for an unborn child.

Kas (24), Helpmeet to Stefan (25), Mom to Franklin Gaudelio 4/15/09, Jonathan Boswell 1/2/11
#9 of 10 Old 01-24-2009, 11:54 PM

Wow! I have never heard of that!
Pills??

We have just recently learned of the dangers of fluoride thanks to a family member.
Regular toothpaste is not allowed in this house any longer.
#10 of 10 Old 01-25-2009, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gitti View Post
Calcium fluoride, aka organic fluoride is naturally occurring in vegetables, fruits, and nuts.

Sodium fluoride aka inorganic fluoride or hydrofluosilicic acid, is the type of fluoride added to public water. It is a raw untreated waste from the phosphate fertilizer mining industry, a byproduct of industrial processes.
:

The movie "The Fluoride Deception" explains how the industrial byproduct became the water additive. It's a ghastly story, but the truth none-the-less.

-Kolleen

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page