Apology was: Need advice urgent for 6 yr old dd - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 33 Old 01-27-2009, 03:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetGuayaba View Post
There appears to be slight misunderstanding whether from not reading fully or my writing but certainly something has been misunderstood. While yes I stated I was surprised by no non-traditional posts giving me recommendations or ways to rule out certain major things from home as I had asked my comments at the end of the paragraph where directly about a certain post which revered DR's not about all posts. Like I said that particular post got to me because I do not see Dr's as Gods of Superior Knowledge. I do not eschew all western medicine but I do not bow to Dr's or believe their credentials make them automatically more knowledgeable. Case in point recently there were found to be hundreds of Dr's in my State who had not passed their exam and were attending with fraudulent licenses not to mention qualified Dr's that give erroneous advice be it because of mediocrity or malice. I am sorry if that offends you. However like all of you I have a right to post as I think and feel.
The concern for dd, which I thanked everyone for, has been very nice. I completely understand peoples recommendations based on the information given and the common concern for welfare when they know the seriousness of meningitis or spinal leak.
As for the poster that expressed wishing she never posted because of my point of view I also wish I had never posted in the first place now. While I appreciate the concern I had no intention of what the thread has become. However I cannot erase the thread or don't know how so it is what it is. Everyone has a right to express themselves freely at least here and for now.
I am sorry my opinion of Dr's and that particular post so offends everyone but if you thought my comment was about every post in this thread previous to the update then you were mistaken.

It wasn't about you posting your feelings towards the response you got. It was the delivery of the message. I felt it was rude. Many people here expressed great concern for you and your child. Your response was "this is not babycenter". That portion of what you wrote was uncalled for and rude IMO.

People who come to MDC are crunchy or looking into alternatives to western medicine. They aren't looking for people to tell them to go back to babycenter. It wasn't nice.

Sorry your child is sick and I hope your child feels better really soon.
#32 of 33 Old 01-28-2009, 04:05 PM - Thread Starter

After reading this last post I would like to apologize. I am sorry for any rudeness in tone or wording that was perceived by you. Honestly it was not my intention to be rude I just wrote my thoughts without editing which I should have done. Normally I edit myself verbally and in posting better but perhaps the fact that I did feel attacked plus the exhaustion kept me from moderating myself correctly. I guess I posted too quickly in reaction to feeling attacked. Anyway I apologize and hope that is enough.

Btw for anyone that is interested. My dd's fever broke today finally and the lab results came back apparently it is a virus no infection according to her white cell count. She didn't need antibiotics. I had no idea a virus could cause such a high fever hers reached 106 F. She is still sick but no fever and apparently the worst is over. Now dd 10 months had some routine labs that came back with some strange results and needs follow up testing. Hopefully it is nothing but despite having no symptoms of any kind the results show signs of infection. Again, I thank you all for your concern and well wishes for my dd. I do appreciate it.

Also for what it is worth I know that most people go to the ER for serious situations but I have known of some irl cases where most would have gone to the hospital but with good alternative/natural home care they have healed well. I have known of 2 cases of broken bones healed with clay and homemade casting, 1 case of a 5 month infant with Dengue and many cases of of different types of cancer which have all been treated without any western medicine. That is why I asked and thought that I might even find some way of treating dd. A trip to the ER is not just the Xrays to be concerned about for me. There are standard procedures here that are very invasive and many times unneccesary for the most part that you cannot opt out of without it being reffered to Family services and then a host of other problems arise. It is the way they intimidate people into complying with hospitals policies here these days. I have known many good families with alternative choices that have gone through such difficulties. So although I would use the ER if needed I thought there might be other options even if it had been as serious as meningitis. I am definitely going to continue to look into that because I think it would be interesting to have that information.

Thanks
#33 of 33 Old 01-28-2009, 05:30 PM

sweetguyaba don't sweat this thread, even for a minute -- you've just gone through a really traumatic incident with your dd, go easy on yourself. Threads here often take on a life of their own. I appreciate your apology, and hope you feel ok about all of this, it's really no biggie in the grand scheme of things! I would probably have felt a little attacked as well, but understand that that wasn't anyone's intentions -- nobody here really knows what they would have done in your shoes, because they weren't there with her, and they're not her mama. anyway, hope both your dd's regain their health quickly!!

We're Tiffani , Mark , Lucy (9/99) , Dexter (8/01) ,and Zachary Marvin (3/07) and Naomi Rose (6/09), home 11/10, by way of Ugandan adoption.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page