Anyone know about kidney stones? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 04-13-2002, 02:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My midwife suspects I may have them, but I don't want to get the diagnostic ultrasound until this baby gets here. Are there any ways to bust them up naturally? She mentioned something about lemon juice. Anyone had em? How did you know?
#2 of 4 Old 04-13-2002, 03:19 AM
pie

My father suffered with these. He managed to pass many of them without the help of the med establishment by simply drinking water NONSTOP. Eventually he ended up in the ER though. He is fine now. He is convinced that sugary drinks worsened his condition. I will ask him how he battled them tomorrow when he comes to try and make my damn scanner work.

Ouch! I know they are painful. Sorry you are experiencing that.
#3 of 4 Old 04-13-2002, 03:23 AM - Thread Starter

Actually, I don't feel a thing. I've had a UTI for 3 years (yes, YEARS) now, and my preterm labor symptoms point to stones, I think. I've been taking dandelion root and cranberry, but they're not even touching the infection. Now i've got ketones, lucocites (sp?) and blood in my urine. But I don't feel anything. Beats me.
#4 of 4 Old 04-13-2002, 03:49 AM
pie

Oy, I suffered chronic UTI for nearly two years. I ended up on an intensive antibiotic therapy. Bad news I guess.

Hmmm maybe it is not. Sounds like it is to me too, but maybe not. They only hurt when you pass them I think. Anyway, I will see what my dad says. But in the meantime I am sure you will get some much more knowledgable answers. Take care. How far along are you?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page