"cold snap" while nursing??? please help im miserable! - Mothering Forums

#1 of 3 Old 12-13-2003, 01:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
ok so now ive got a bug...my ds has been sick for a few days and dh and i started feeling it yesterday...we have done an onslought of herbs only i dont know if i can take this concoction called "cold snap" while nursing. i got it for DH and just kept taking echinacia myself but now when you compare us he is in better shape than me and i would like to try "cold snap" too , to see if it will stave this thing off. ( its a blend you can take while th cold is in progress, "restores righteous chi" )

it has : Phragmites ( root) Forsythia (fruit) Japanese honeysuckle ( flower) Burdock (fruit) Lophaterium leaves, ballon flower, chinese thooroughwax, schizonepeta, pinellia, jujube, scullcap, oriental ginsing, chinese mint, ginger, licorice, dong qui, white peony, sichuan lovage, rehmannia

alot of these herbs are unusual because it is a mxture based on chinese medicine. if anyone just recognises something unsafe, i would appreciate it....if there is one unsafe herb in there then i wont take it. i had an acupuncturist a couple years ago tell me "Yin Chao" was a safe blend while pregnant, andi am wondering if this is a similar thing.

thank you so much and forgive my typos, ive got a splitting headache
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 12-13-2003, 01:51 AM

How old is your nursing baby?

I take a lot of herbs, etc and dont see anything right off that looks bad to take. But I also base it on the age of the child, etc. My 2 year old is the only one still nursing and with her I take just about anything with no worries, but as a newborn/little baby I am more picky about what goes in me.

Sorry I dont have any more help for ya, someone else may know more. Have you looked at www.kellymom.com She has a deal on there listing herbs that are safe and not safe to take.

Hope you feel better soon! We are all finally recovered from the flu and it sure does suck!

Marilyn

Marilyn,psych RN. Homeschooling mom to Taylor (12) and Lauryn (8)
#3 of 3 Old 12-13-2003, 02:04 AM - Thread Starter

thanks marylinmama, i was able to determine in like 5 seconds that Coltsfoot is on the list of dangerous herbs...so i am not going to bother looking up the reast right now...im just gonna go crawl under a rock, lol.

as an aside...what was the progression of your flu? i started out with a runny nose, now i am sneezing alot and have this nasty headache and feel exausted....i read in the other thread yours lasted 2 weeks...was it like this for 2 weeks???i have finals on mon and tues..please tell me i will feel more human agian by then!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page