Easy markers of GI/endocrine function - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 48 Old 02-22-2009, 09:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoMe View Post
It may mean you're blood is a little acidic....
I read this part and seriously had to .
All I could see in my mind was one of those scenes from old movies where they kill the evil thing (person, dragon, whatever) and the blood like eats through the floor with a bunch of smoke.

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
#32 of 48 Old 02-22-2009, 10:05 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I change the pH of my urine by cutting down on sugar and increasing my mineral supp. Given how rundown you feel, along with the whole birthing and nursing two kids thing, I'd start with a mineral supp and go from there.
#33 of 48 Old 02-22-2009, 10:49 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TanyaLopez View Post
I change the pH of my urine by cutting down on sugar and increasing my mineral supp. Given how rundown you feel, along with the whole birthing and nursing two kids thing, I'd start with a mineral supp and go from there.
Oh, oh! Another topic I wanted to touch on - what mineral supp do you take, Tanya?

Homeschoolin' Mama chicken3.gifto Dd1 2/3/00, Dd2 1/13/03, Ds1 3/11/06 & Ds2 11/18/10!!
#34 of 48 Old 02-22-2009, 11:42 PM

I use Perque Bone Guard Forte 20.

http://www.perque.com/pdfs/PERQUE-Bone-Guard-Forte.pdf

I've found that I don't have to take as much as normal guidelines (for things like calcium) would suggest, even despite my iffy overall health, so it seems to live up to the billing of being very bioavailable/absorbable.
#35 of 48 Old 02-23-2009, 04:21 AM

Subbing. Sooooo much to learn.

Me + dh = heartbeat.gif ds (7/01), ds (11/03), ds (6/06)
and dd born 11/21/10 - our T21 SuperBaby ribbluyel.gif heartbeat.gif
#36 of 48 Old 02-23-2009, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoMe View Post
Everyone's talking about red pee after eating beets indicating low stomach acid.
So what does low stomach acid mean? I have been craving beets and finally ate some the other day, and my pee was very slightly pinkish, like I couldn't tell if I was imagining it or not and then decided no, it really was pinkish. What does that mean? I haven't noticed it before when I ate beets, but the big change recently is that I'm pregnant.

So interesting about the riboflavin and adrenals test.

Mama to two sweet boys, a 7yo superhero.gif and a toddler coolshine.gif.

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. - Albert Einstein

#37 of 48 Old 02-23-2009, 02:14 PM

mbravebird, it means you're probably low on zinc as zinc is needed to make stomach acid.

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
#38 of 48 Old 02-23-2009, 02:22 PM - Thread Starter

and that you should try adding ferments, cause the histamine in them promotes the release of stomach acid, aiding in the absorption of said zinc.

allergy-nutrition mama, dh, 4yo dd, and March ds
Eating shouldn't be stressful!
#39 of 48 Old 02-23-2009, 03:18 PM

Thanks, you guys. I did the zinc test last year and it tasted just awful awful awful, like I couldn't get the taste out of my mouth for a long time afterwards and swore never to touch the stuff again, but now that I'm pregnant maybe my body needs/utilization has changed. I'll try it again. I hope I didn't throw it out!

And I've been craving ferments more since pregnant, but had run out was being lazy about making more. I just made some sauerkraut this week though, coincidentally, so I'll be getting them again soon. Ironically, that's why I ate the beets -- because I was slicing them for the ferment, and I just couldn't resist eating them!

Thanks again.

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. - Albert Einstein

#40 of 48 Old 02-23-2009, 03:36 PM

OK, update on my last post, I just found the zinc and took some from the dropper, and it still tasted awful -- but not as bad as it did last year. I'm still smacking my tongue, but I'm not cursing.

It's ionic zinc in a solution with Concentrace and copper. Made by Trace Minerals Research. Is that the right stuff to try the test with?

#41 of 48 Old 02-23-2009, 04:31 PM

You need a plain zinc sulfate, there are liquid solutions or Solgar zinc lozenges (I've read--I want to buy some, check where I'm at). Other minerals in the solution you've got will throw it off. Very frustrating cause I bought a liquid zinc to check this and then read the ingredients when I got home, and I was outta luck.
#42 of 48 Old 02-24-2009, 02:33 PM

will zinc gluconate work? I have a liquid zinc supplement and that's what it is.

Also, which is the mineral that helps you remember your dreams? I've been remembering a lot of dreams lately.

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
#43 of 48 Old 02-24-2009, 04:34 PM

usually it's B6 that people associate with dream recall, but of course nothing works in isolation!
#44 of 48 Old 02-28-2009, 11:54 PM

So if I want my pee to be alkaline (isn't that what I was striving for because of my UTIs?), then I want my pee to be neon from the Bs, right? Or do I have it opposite? I'm so confused. I know I want it to be a 5 on the dipstick. I can't remember what that means. I'm just trying to figure out for me, if neon is a good thing or a bad thing.

Kathy, mother of 3, wife of 1. My new recipe blog: www.kathysrecipebox.wordpress.com (no longer searchable by allergen, but at least it doesn't have a virus!)
#45 of 48 Old 02-28-2009, 11:57 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrown92 View Post
So if I want my pee to be alkaline (isn't that what I was striving for because of my UTIs?), then I want my pee to be neon from the Bs, right? Or do I have it opposite? I'm so confused. I know I want it to be a 5 on the dipstick. I can't remember what that means. I'm just trying to figure out for me, if neon is a good thing or a bad thing.
Generally, you want your pee to be slightly acidic. I'm assuming that would apply for UTIs as well. If the 5 on the dipstick is referring to pH, then yeah, that's acidic (0-7 acidic, 7-14 basic). Neon pee=basic, but I'm not sure what the actual pH cutoff is.

allergy-nutrition mama, dh, 4yo dd, and March ds
Eating shouldn't be stressful!
#46 of 48 Old 02-28-2009, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrown92 View Post
I'm going to assume that the "dipstick" tests pH. A pH of 5 would be acidic. So no neon pee for you.

#47 of 48 Old 03-10-2009, 12:13 AM

I am new to this group. But I really find all the posts to be very informative. It seems like you guys know a lot about detox pathways. I am working on the same issue. Currently working on my sulfation pathway; therefore, in this regards do you recommend any supplements? Currently I take Mo but it decreases Cu so not sure if I should continue it in the long run?

Thanks in advance!!!
Cool girl
#48 of 48 Old 01-22-2010, 02:25 PM

Bumping.

Pat

I have a blog.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page