Early Chicken Pox? *Updated with Photos* - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 02-10-2009, 12:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hey mamas

The Dr. can't see us until tomorrow morning. DS has spots ALL over him - they started on his head on Sunday (like 2-3), yesterday he had maybe 18 spread from his head and also on his torso, and this morning he has over 20 on his head, probably another 20-40 along his torso/back with a few on his hands and arms but not as many. The first couple have already scabbed over with a yellowish scab, lots of them are just little red bumps, and others do have a water/puss filled blister. A couple by his mouth popped open and look kinda nasty, but he doesn't have any large collections, or open pussing wounds that I'm seeing for pictures of impetigo. All the spots don't have distinct bubbles though - just some of them.

I actually thought the first bump was a flea bite if that gives a sense of the size and the tiny puss filled tip

He's sleeping now I can't get great pictures (or find the cable to upload them.. sheesh) but I will update with pics as soon as I can.

What does this sound like? If its the pox I'll relax just try and treat him, impetigo I'm going to spend the day cleaning like a banshee trying to prevent the spread but he's already just covered.

Help!

His head

His front

XM,: mama to ds (5/08), dd (9/10) and ds (6/12) ! whale.gif :C.H.S & M.

#2 of 4 Old 02-10-2009, 02:46 PM - Thread Starter

bump - photos

#3 of 4 Old 02-10-2009, 03:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Looks like pox to me I always think of impetigo as small isolated clusters of blisters/bumps. I don't think impetigo would spread over the whole body like that unless you were dealing with a weakened immune system and an exceptionally germy environment.
#4 of 4 Old 02-10-2009, 03:14 PM - Thread Starter

Yippie!!

Maybe I'll schedule a party for after our confirming visit tomorrow morning. Thanks so much - new mommie worries

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page