Hydrogen peroxide and clogged ears? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 12-21-2003, 03:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello,My son who is VERY prone to ear infections(has them repeadedly)just asked me to get all the ear wax out of his ear because he cant hear anything.I took a look and theres nothing there.A freind told me if you put a capfull of peroxide in his ear that all that would drain out.I hope this does not mean hes coming down with another infection.I hate to put anything in his ear unless I know it ok.Ive done several things in the past for infections,homeopathics,garlic ear oil,ect.Im out of all that in the house right now though.Thanks!
#2 of 7 Old 12-21-2003, 04:15 PM

Have you tried candleing?

I have tried peroxide but it didnt do any good for us.
#3 of 7 Old 12-21-2003, 06:14 PM - Thread Starter

Hi Erin!i was just reading the links about that and really think that would be helpfull,maybe for all of us!Dh always has lots of ear wax probabaly from working in dusty warehouses and Ive had a vertigo problem for about a month receently and my physician suggested it was an inner ear thing from having recently been sick!The only reservation I have is I read it shouldnt be performed if the ear drum has been perforated.Im not sure how to tell because two or three times weve had docs say that happened or maybe Im confusing that with his ear drum rupturing.
#4 of 7 Old 12-21-2003, 08:51 PM

I've put hydrogen peroxide in my ears & also my sons. My mom does it all the time.
#5 of 7 Old 12-22-2003, 05:58 AM

When I was dealing with constant strep throat/ear infections my ENT would pour peroxide in, let it sit for a bit and then use a vacumn type thing to clean out all the wax. It was heaven! I could hear so much better and the amount of junkt hat would come out was frightening!
#6 of 7 Old 12-22-2003, 10:19 AM

When I was a kid, my brother suffered from frequent ear infections, and our ped told my mom to clean his ears periodically with peroxide. I don't know how effective it is, but your ears do feel wonderfully clean once you're done.

Have your child lie on his side, with a tissue in his hand to clean up drops. Put some peroxide into an eye dropper and drop it into his ear. Warn him ahead of time that it will feel cold, but won't hurt. Once all the bubbling has stopped, which can take about 5 minutes, have him roll over and let the peroxide drain out into the tissue. Repeat with other ear.
#7 of 7 Old 12-22-2003, 10:55 AM

hydrogen peroxide in the ears is also an effective way to fight the flu, if done at the onset.
www.mercola.com has 2 articles on it, just search for hydrogen peroxide.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page