went off the pill over 5 months ago - no period - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 04-15-2002, 11:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have been off the pill for over 5 months. I just went off it because I did not want to mess with my body up with artificial hormones any longer.

I have not had a period since then (the last pill I took was on Oct. 31st of 2001. I had a period after that as you are supposed to on the pills, and nothing since then). I know usually it says that you should get it within 3 month after stopping, but it is over that time already.

I might have to add that I had a MAJOR fight with my in-laws towards the end of December and things have not been smooth since then, so my stress level is very high, which could have contributed to my period being delayed. It is calming down now, though. The issues did not get resolved, but I am trying to forget and move on. During different times in the past my periods were regular and irregular and it only depended on one single thing - my stress level. As long as I am happy my period is on time (my cicles are 31-33 days). Destroy my emotional balance and I might not see one in 3 months or so.

i've asked my family doc about my options and he told me i can get a depo shot to induce my period or the pills. I was like, don't you get it - the reason i went off the artificial hormones is because i do NOT want them in my body (we are not ttc now), and he was like, that's what you have to do. this conversation was about a month ago, and I just never went to him.

I realy do not know what to do. is it normal not to have a period for this long after stopping the pills?

What about accupuncture/acupressure to try and balance my body out? homeopathy? something more natural and also something that will put my body back into balance rather then "inducing" the period with artificial hormones. besides, doing it once does not guarantee my next period will be on time, right?

I feel like going to conventional doctors is useless, 'cause their tools consist of artificial hormones - something I really do not want to have.

I truly need all the help I can get from you, ladies.

Currenty, I am taking royal gelly and started drinking RRL tea. But the health food store i trust only sells it in tea bags and it is soo expensive ($5.00 for 24 tea bags). Please tell me where do you get your RRL tea? If you order it online, what's the web site. Also, how can I know that what I get only contains the nessecary parts of the plant and does not have garbage mixed into there. What should it look like? Also, how do I make that tea when bought in bulk (i.e. what's the proportion of the herb to water) and how much do you think I should be drinking in a day?
I was recommended blessed thistle (holy thistle) to try and was told that I should buy a big bottle, take it by the instructions and when finish the bottle I'd get my period back and will balance my body out. So I tried searching the net and all I could find was that this herb is one of the "cure all-s" and that in women it is mostly used for painful periods, but did not really find anything that said it helps with menstrual function. does anybody know anything about this herb?
Please share any info you have with me.

Valeria

Valeria
dd 05.17.2005
#2 of 5 Old 04-15-2002, 12:20 PM

I have friends that have used acupuncture for this successfully, including my sister after she went off depo. We have a 5-element practitioner, so they treat the whole system, TCM is more symptom-focused but both would be effective. Good luck!
#3 of 5 Old 04-15-2002, 01:06 PM - Thread Starter

where can I find articles on teh difference in those 2 types of accupuncturists?

Valeria
dd 05.17.2005
#4 of 5 Old 04-15-2002, 01:37 PM

ack! research...I had some but I can't find them...I'll go figure it out and post you some.

Clarity
#5 of 5 Old 04-15-2002, 04:57 PM

I wanted to add that I had a similar situation myself. I was blessed with the conception of our first baby, in my 4th month off the pill (she is now a very healthy 7 month old!). I did not have a period prior, but things were working! I think you will be fine. You are doing what you can. My suggestion would be try to do all you can to relieve your stress, that might be the #1 problem.

God bless!
A

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page