My 2nd week barely eating - Mothering Forums
Women's Health > My 2nd week barely eating
samy23's Avatar samy23 08:35 AM 03-09-2009
Basically I have been very stressed, anxious, worried -a whole bunch of emotions over hmy dd's health and what might be wrong with her etc....that I have lost my appetite almost entirely now. Last week I was nibbling at things, but since the weekend I don't even feel hungry after not eating all day. I feel so overwhelmed by worry and anxiousness about my daughter that I don't feel I can "stomach" food.

Even today I left her at school crying I feel so bad about it all and so helpless, we have a doctor appointment today -our first one about this, and I really am worrying he isn't going to help and will just brush it off, not want to investigate it, or say she has irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and say there's nothing we can do to help her.

Since im not eating much at all lately, is there anything I should be eating when I do feel a little hungry and can nibble something? I was thinking protein is probably most needed....right?

kjbrown92's Avatar kjbrown92 10:44 AM 03-09-2009
proteins and fats would be best. Carbs will just make your blood sugar spike and crash.

What's wrong with your DD... stomach issues? How old? Symptoms?
JaneSmith1010's Avatar JaneSmith1010 03:13 PM 03-09-2009
Yes, things like cheese, avocadoes, spoon of coconut oil, etc. Not to worry though, you can fast for longer than 2 weeks. If you are eating at all you will be just fine. Drink plenty of water when you can. I am sorry you are under such duress.
samy23's Avatar samy23 05:56 AM 03-10-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrown92 View Post
proteins and fats would be best. Carbs will just make your blood sugar spike and crash.

What's wrong with your DD... stomach issues? How old? Symptoms?

Here's a link to the thread about it http://www.mothering.com/discussions...750&highlight=
Up