I will NOT let this disorder/disease/dysfunction rule my life. I work part time outside the home, and am getting ready to start homeschooling my ds!
So I'm hoping someone can offer some advice or suggestions on what I can do to try to help the nausea. I have no hopes that it will actually go away, but if I could just reduce it, even a little, I could function better!
I have tried many things over the past 3 years:
- Ginger - I take ginger daily. It seems to help everyone else, but it's not really doing anything for the severity of my nausea. I've even tried different brands, strengths, and changing the timing of taking it. But it doesn't help, even though everything I read says it should... but it doesn't really.
- Probiotics & Digestive Enzymes - I take probiotics and digestive enzymes daily also. Together they help other aspects of my help, but I've seen no change in the nausea.
- Vitamin B Complex - I take a Vitamin B Complex, in addition to a premium whole-foods based multi-vitamin, multi-mineral, etc.
- Homeopathics - I've tried several, including Nux Vomica, Chelidonium Majus, Natrum Sulphuricum, Anacardium Orientale, Ipecacuanha, Argentum Nitricum, and Robinia Psuedoacacia. Some were individual, while others were blends. I can notice a tiny difference, but the nausea is so strong that these don't stop it. They do reduce it a little. It seems to depend on when I'm able to take it, and it makes me wonder if I need a stronger dose than the bottle recommends, but I'm afraid to do that on my own. Sometimes Belladonna will help me rest at night. I keep taking them - and hoping.
- Peppermint & Spearmint - I have used both of these in every form imaginable (essential oils, hydrosols, chews, gum, salves, etc), but it's not helping. I do like the scents, though.
- Prescription medications - I hated to have to go this route... but I was desparate. I tried Phenergan. It did help some. However, it made me so drowsy and sleepy that I couldn't function. I can't take it and be that way every day!
- Heat - Hot baths, heating pads, hot hemp muscle rubs are things that I use on a daily basis because along with the chronic nausea comes chronic pain. The heat is soothing, though it helps the pain more than it does the actual nausea.
- Gentle exercise - I get some form of exercise nearly every day, even if I don't feel like it. I get fresh air, go for simple hikes and walks, and on a "good" day, I slowly run on the eliptical machine. I aspire to be able to run like I used to...
- Cranialsacral Therapy - This honestly is the single thing that has helped me the most. Each time I go, it's an amazing experience for many reasons, and I usually feel better for a few days after each session. And then the nausea comes back.
- Meditation/positive thinking/prayer - I do all of these every day, and while they are helpful, too, (and have their own benefits!), the nausea is still here.
Can anyone please offer any help? Other herbs or essential oils? Accupressure techniques? (I can't seem to find a local place that does acupuncture.) Different meditation techniques, CDs, etc? Anything?
I've had a good experience with it - no drowsiness or other noticeable side effects other than dry mouth and constipation. Another plus is that it recently became available in generic form, so it's actually quite affordable now (compared to when it was like a hundred bucks per pill!).
I wish you luck in your quest to feel better - it seems like you have tried a ton of things!
Me and my wonderful husband serve God. Blessed with twin girls 2/11/11. <3
perl - My insurance refuses to give me zofran. They will only cover phenergan.
thixle - I cannot acquire it legally here...
Transitions - Unfortunately, yes, I've had multiple surgeries, procedures, tests, too many specialists to even count or remember all their names!, etc. It turns out that the specific type of SOD that I have (SOD type III) actually is known for NOT responding well to any of the procedures. Just my luck, huh?
Also, I have a bleeding disorder which makes the doctors not like to cut on me (and I don't like it, either!) Each procedure I've ever had done has caused dangerous prolonged bleeding (even when taking medicine to prevent it) and during one, I came way too close to death to want to do another procedure willingly.
Thanks again to all.
Meanwhile, I'm still searching for a nausea cure.......... Any other thoughts please?
Good luck and good for you on not giving in to it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
me, herding 5 critters, several fish and two chickens DS 11/01, DS 10/04, DD 2/06, DS 5/07 and DD 9/10
hi williams mom....i am going through the same symptoms as you....i am unable to see a specialist as i dont have insurance. so i dont know how or what to do to control my symptoms and i suffer so much. how do u cope and how are u going on?
|17 members and 11,325 guests|
|BrianEvans , Calayvie , emmy526 , katelove , Katherine73 , lacontesc67 , LiLStar , Lydia08 , Molly23 , NaturallyKait , scaramouche131 , scheelimama , sciencemum , Sebastian Carreras , speeddat75 , zebra15|
|Most users ever online was 449,755, 06-25-2014 at 12:21 PM.|