Baby urinates a little ?? should I be concerned - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 03-10-2009, 06:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello all,

My 10 month old doesn't seem to have very heavy wet diapers. I change him in the morning and his diaper doesn't seem at all heavy..i do nurse him a lot during the night and he takes in a good amount of water per day. In the afternoon I change him again and then again at night before bed. But it seems to me that everytime I see his diaper it is not heavy..i know he has urinated and it stains the diaper (btw, we use pampers) and it has a darkish orange color as well as a little bit of smell.

What could be the problem. I have noticed this for many months but i thought it was b/c i was giving him less to drink..now i am wondering if it has to do with his urinary tract or kidneys or is just normal for a 10 month old to pee less?

Please help.

Ummy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 03-10-2009, 06:19 PM

Hm....well if its dark orange, and has a strong odor, i would bring it up to your pediatrician.

I dont know how pampers are, but since they use that gel stuff you might not be able to tell how much he has peed.

I would try upping his BM intake as much as possible, and his water, and cut back on his sodium levels maybe?

Maybe monitor his fluid intake and outake. Measure and record the amount of water he is taking in throughout the day, and then weigh his diapers (minus teh weight of the actual diaper of course) and see what % he is eliminating and what % is missing.

Melanie- Mama to my super hero daughter superhero.gif bravely battling brain cancer. ribbongrey.gif ribbongold.gif  www.fightformaddie.com  and expecting 1sttri.gif 1/13!!!!

#3 of 4 Old 03-10-2009, 06:51 PM

I don't think that sounds good at all. I would call the pediatrician today and talk to someone about that. Both are signs of dehydration, so he may not be transferring milk well while nursing.
#4 of 4 Old 03-10-2009, 06:59 PM

I agree. Something doesn't seem right here. Call your Ped for an appointment.

Anne, Mama to Conner 2/27/04 blahblah.gif  Gabrielle 2/6/06 W/LMC-TCS, Neurogenic Bladder, AFO & KAFO wearer, Neurogenic Bowel energy.gif & Delaney 5/12/08 mischievous.gif &  Beethoven cat.gif& Gizmo cat.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page