Toddler with recurring rash - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-12-2009, 01:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey all, My ds had a bad rash a couple weeks ago that were like welts all over his body and face. I took him to our chiro and what she said was that he had some old exposure to a toxin that he dumped. She said it was no big deal and it wasn't itchy till day 4 or something when he got a dose of benedryl that cleared it up. It's better after he sleeps. So since then he's been getting a mild form of this rash mostly on legs and trunk. He also gets rashy on his face, but that's more like small red spots instead of welts. I don't think he's eating anything new that I'm aware of and there hasn't been any change to his environment that I can pinpoint. Any clues? I'm not so concerned as it's not itchy and seems to be short lived, but my mil takes care of him 3-4 days a week and is concerned.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2009, 03:05 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
It sounds like an allergic reaction to me, especially if benadryl helped it. Food or environmental. Red welts on face sounds like hives...

Kathy, mother of 3, wife of 1. My new recipe blog: www.kathysrecipebox.wordpress.com (no longer searchable by allergen, but at least it doesn't have a virus!)
Old 03-12-2009, 03:57 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The face rash is mostly red dots now, but shows up right before the welts on his body do. I guess we'll start a food log and see if that offers clues. I just can't think of anything we've changed. Oh well....the search continues.

User Tag List