A strange, bumpy "rash" on the tops of his ears? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-29-2009, 05:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've no idea how to accurately describe this, so please bear with me. My 8 year old son has this bumpy, pimply look to the edges/tops of his ears. It started with just one ear, and was quite red and swollen, then it faded and was gone. It's now back, and on both ears. It feels soft and bumpy, but he says it doesn't hurt or itch. He's not aware of it at all. I thought perhaps it was from too much sun (he wears a ballcap and his ears stick out, I'm not good about remembering to sunblock them), but he's not been in the sun for a few days now and yet it persists. If it were an allergy, or a reaction to a bugbite it shouldn't last this long (over a week), or be on both ears, should it?

I've tried taking pictures but it just doesn't show up well. All my googling has turned up pictures of excema rashes behind the ears, which my 3 year old has in abundance and this is very clearly NOT an excema rash.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2013, 12:27 PM

Did u get anywhere with this my son came home from school with exactly the same thing hrs four. But I remember my 16 year old used to get it every summer but we never found out why
Old 04-23-2013, 03:20 PM

My oldest gets heat rash on his ears!

Liz om.gif Lovin' DH partners.gif DS (12) coolshine.gif and forever missing DD angel3.gif (12/02/07) ribbonpb.gif
From the withered tree, a flower blooms~ He's here!!! So crazy in love with my  rainbow1284.gif  boy!!! 12/14/11 luxlove.gif fly-by-nursing1.gif

User Tag List