Herbal Healing Mamas stop in here! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-14-2009, 06:32 PM - Thread Starter
 
rainbowmoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Vermont
Posts: 10,800
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
No worries mama. I completely understand your POV. I can only tell you what my own experiences have been. The few times I have used clove oil in the mouth has equaled instant relief though I know that! (on both my children and my DP)

I do think essential oil concentrations themselves can also be a big factor in what could LOOK like sensitization as well. Every batch is not going to be the exact same potency KWIM? So it's ALWAYS a very small risk you take in fact when using EO's period.

We each have to do what is within our realms of comfort is what it comes down to. If you are not sure or are hesitant in any way about using oils neat then DON'T! It's not a biggie to dilute but I do feel it's less effective in some extreme cases. (ie, I have used lavender oil neat after getting scorpion stings with beautiful results)

Just FTR I only use oils NEAT after all other options have been exhausted. (Ie; OTC pain meds, salves,etc. included)

ETA- if anyone needs other teething remedies they are more comfy with whiskey or vanilla extract rubbed on the gums with your finger does wonders too. I think maybe just by fault my application may dilute a bit too as I always have put the oil on my finger first.

And just as a disclaimer and to clarify I would NOT suggest clove oil for infants under 1yo. I am talking older babies. (molars is what i have used it for in all 3 cases which includes DP wisdom tooth pain! He thought it worked SOOOO great he was in so much pain for WEEKS waiting to get it pulled though so you do what you gotta do.)

Blissful Mama to DD-(5), DS-(6) and someone new due in November!
rainbowmoon is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-14-2009, 10:49 PM
 
FrannieP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Seattle
Posts: 936
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubergine68 View Post
Just made some rosehip syrup with hips and honey as a tonic for the kids during cold and flu season. They're taking a tsp a day in warm water (as `roseberry tea') or in lemonade (which makes it taste like orange juice).

They love the taste and it is lovely for me to have them excited about taking an herbal for a change! They helped me pick the hips and watched me make it and I think that the connection they have to this tonic will help them get the most good out of it. Even if it is `just the placebo effect' at work, I'll take it
Can you share your method for the syrup? You use fresh or dried hips?
Sounds yummy!

Rainbowmom,
Can you share your jelly recipe/method?

Thanks so much ladies!

fp
FrannieP is offline  
Old 10-14-2009, 11:41 PM
 
eallen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 20
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I can't get rid of this infection. It'll start looking fine and then the pus will built up again. Should I be draining the pus or just leaving it? How often should I apply compresses and for how long? Is it possible to treat it too much? If I put lav EO on it and later castor and still later ACV, will that be bad to mix treatments?

How long do you steep catnip tea for kids? How many oz is effective?

For my friend, I'd love to make him a tea blend and/or a salve. Can someone share the amounts and what herbs would be effective?
eallen is offline  
Old 10-14-2009, 11:55 PM
 
Aubergine68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: in the soul's garden
Posts: 2,882
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrannieP View Post
Can you share your method for the syrup? You use fresh or dried hips?
Sounds yummy!
Fresh hips, gathered after the first hard frost. I used local wild rose hips.

The recipe and procedure I used is similar to the one here:

The only difference is that I chopped the hips before boiling and then strained the pulp through a jelly bag to get the liquid, before adding the honey and bringing the liquid back to a boil.

I canned much of it, processing 1 cup jars in boiling water for 15 min.
Aubergine68 is offline  
Old 10-15-2009, 01:44 AM
 
pampered_mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Somewhere short of crazy
Posts: 4,507
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenthumb3 View Post
Any other suggestions? What have you found works well?
I know this post is a bit old, but there is another way of doing glycerin tinctures. One of my new favorite herbalists talks a little bit about it over here on her blog.

I'm not sure how I missed this thread completely. I've been dabbling here and there for the past couple of years. I started with just two books - one by Susun Weed and the other by Rosemary Gladstar. As a family we've found that herbal ways of doing things really resonated with us and I've discovered that it really is becoming a passion of mine (at least when not pregnant). My mom has really caught on as well and we decided to take Rosemary's correspondence course together - bought it when it was on sale which was an even greater bonus. Unfortunately I got pregnant soon after so it's sort of gone by the wayside.
pampered_mom is offline  
Old 10-15-2009, 08:51 AM
 
Koalamom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Earth
Posts: 4,536
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
i really do hope you get to take Rosemarys courses. I dream of it too. I don't live to far from her and would love to do some classes in person. I totally regret that I didn't take advantage of learning from Susun Weed in person when I lived 1/2 hour from her. For some reason I keep moving near all these great herbalists.

I wanted to comment on the EO thing. I thing it is good to use a carrier oil, but some times it is appropraite to use them straight. When my brother had a 3 degre burn, the straight lavender EO worked wonders. He healed so fast. I think a carrier oil would have been less effective. I think you need to be wise and go with the situation. And only use them after you learn as much as you can.

Also I wanted to comment on the rose hipps. I read somewhere that you should never use he seeds because tere was something not so good for you in them. So make teas ith the hipps whole or use them crushed without the insides.
Koalamom is offline  
Old 10-15-2009, 09:15 AM
 
Koalamom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Earth
Posts: 4,536
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Here is what someone posted on this other site about the seeds of rose hips:

http://www.healingwiseforum.com/view...e+hips#p160305
Quote:
It's better to use rosehips without the seeds. The seeds are what give it the bitter flavour (trace amounts of cyanide in the seeds).

If you have hips that are whole, dried and too hard to open to remove the seeds, then DO NOT crush them, leave them whole with unbroken skins and infuse them that way.
Koalamom is offline  
Old 10-15-2009, 11:52 AM
 
Aubergine68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: in the soul's garden
Posts: 2,882
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebirdmama1 View Post
i

Also I wanted to comment on the rose hipps. I read somewhere that you should never use he seeds because tere was something not so good for you in them. So make teas ith the hipps whole or use them crushed without the insides.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebirdmama1 View Post
Here is what someone posted on this other site about the seeds of rose hips:

http://www.healingwiseforum.com/view...e+hips#p160305
Thanks for the cautions. I'll have to do some more research, but according to my Edible and Medicinal Plants of Canada, a fairly conservative book,

"all members of the genus Rosa have cyanide-like compounds in their seeds that can be destroyed by drying or cooking" p 85.

So it looks like the cooking of the syrup may eliminate the problem? Also there is no caution about health danger for eating the hips raw (with seeds), just the warning that the seeds can cause digestive irritation. I don't know how I'd de-seed the hips, beyond maybe drying the hips and picking out the seeds. The wild rose hips are pretty tiny, compared to many I see on line.
Aubergine68 is offline  
Old 10-15-2009, 12:22 PM
 
FrannieP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Seattle
Posts: 936
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks for all th erose hip info!
I picked yesterday.
Aubergine68, we're making syrup today! Yum!
fp
FrannieP is offline  
Old 10-15-2009, 03:49 PM - Thread Starter
 
rainbowmoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Vermont
Posts: 10,800
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have never deseeded my rose hips. No problems here.

Blissful Mama to DD-(5), DS-(6) and someone new due in November!
rainbowmoon is online now  
Old 10-15-2009, 03:51 PM - Thread Starter
 
rainbowmoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Vermont
Posts: 10,800
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
this is how I do it minus the actual canning part. I have never made a huge enough batch to bother.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubergine68 View Post
Fresh hips, gathered after the first hard frost. I used local wild rose hips.

The recipe and procedure I used is similar to the one here:

The only difference is that I chopped the hips before boiling and then strained the pulp through a jelly bag to get the liquid, before adding the honey and bringing the liquid back to a boil.

I canned much of it, processing 1 cup jars in boiling water for 15 min.

Blissful Mama to DD-(5), DS-(6) and someone new due in November!
rainbowmoon is online now  
Old 10-15-2009, 03:59 PM - Thread Starter
 
rainbowmoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Vermont
Posts: 10,800
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hmm it does sound like you have quite an infection going on.

What I would do personally is soak it in some water with GSE (grapefruit seed extract) then use 1 remedy at a time just so you can tell what is actually helping/hurting. You may be just aggravating it, yk? I don't mean to scare you but MRSA is currently very prevalant too. Have you seen a health care practitioner? How long have you been dealing with this infection?

I just make the catnip tea a cup at a time really using a tea ball. Steep for 5 min or so and add a bit of honey. Sometimes I mix in chamomile too. I would give him maybe 1/4 a cup at first and see how it affects him. My S will drink a cup at a time but he's been drinking it since he was a baby! (catnip is GREAT for colic, teething pain, etc)

Dandelion and burdock are not what I'd call delicious tea herbs. They are also roots so he may be better off trying a tincture which will be easiest for him too. Just be sure to have him start out with small doses. (maybe 5 drops at a time?) You don't want to put his organs in overload by detoxing too much/ too fast cause that could make him sicker. Also I would be sure he isn't taking other medications first. Is he having digestive issues as well?


Quote:
Originally Posted by eallen View Post
I can't get rid of this infection. It'll start looking fine and then the pus will built up again. Should I be draining the pus or just leaving it? How often should I apply compresses and for how long? Is it possible to treat it too much? If I put lav EO on it and later castor and still later ACV, will that be bad to mix treatments?

How long do you steep catnip tea for kids? How many oz is effective?

For my friend, I'd love to make him a tea blend and/or a salve. Can someone share the amounts and what herbs would be effective?

Blissful Mama to DD-(5), DS-(6) and someone new due in November!
rainbowmoon is online now  
Old 10-15-2009, 05:36 PM
 
pampered_mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Somewhere short of crazy
Posts: 4,507
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebirdmama1 View Post
i really do hope you get to take Rosemarys courses. I dream of it too. I don't live to far from her and would love to do some classes in person. I totally regret that I didn't take advantage of learning from Susun Weed in person when I lived 1/2 hour from her. For some reason I keep moving near all these great herbalists.
I'm working on it slowly but surely. Thankfully there is no deadline when it comes to correspondence. I have dreams of further education - like an apprenticeship or traveling out to study with someone like Susun (I'm very thankful she's put so much time into her YouTube videos, though). There's a semi-local herbalist who is working on a school - not sure if she'll end up staying local when she launches it, though if she does I'd be hard pressed not to try and find a way to enroll.

On the rosehips, I've always wondered about the seeds. Last year I wanted to collect some from the bush in our yard. I know it's not an ideal source since I have no idea what kind it is. I was disappointed by how many seeds there were and how little fruit there was. Interesting on the infusing them whole part. That'd certainly be nicer than deseeding them.
pampered_mom is offline  
Old 10-16-2009, 09:10 PM
 
eallen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 20
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My eyebrow has gotten a ton better, I've only been dealing with it for about 6 days. The heat, swelling and redness is gone. There is still pus though, a very little bit but it's still there. I'm just wondering if I should be draining it everyday or if it's better to let it stay. I've been cleaning it with ACV and then doing castor/honey on cotton at night and putting a warm wash cloth over it for about an hour. Like I said, it has gotten a lot better but it's not gone yet.
This isn't new to me, I've actually gotten MRSA before and always have some infection. But I've afraid I'm going to lose my piercing. Normally I do fine when I let the infection take it's own course but I can't do that with a piercing because it'll reject. So far, no signs of rejection but that does't mean it won't.

I was thinking about a tincture for my friend but doesn't it have to sit for several weeks? I know he can't have any fats but I'm not sure about any other digestive issues. His liver enzymes are very high and the drs are pretty concerned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowmoon View Post
Hmm it does sound like you have quite an infection going on.

What I would do personally is soak it in some water with GSE (grapefruit seed extract) then use 1 remedy at a time just so you can tell what is actually helping/hurting. You may be just aggravating it, yk? I don't mean to scare you but MRSA is currently very prevalant too. Have you seen a health care practitioner? How long have you been dealing with this infection?

I just make the catnip tea a cup at a time really using a tea ball. Steep for 5 min or so and add a bit of honey. Sometimes I mix in chamomile too. I would give him maybe 1/4 a cup at first and see how it affects him. My S will drink a cup at a time but he's been drinking it since he was a baby! (catnip is GREAT for colic, teething pain, etc)

Dandelion and burdock are not what I'd call delicious tea herbs. They are also roots so he may be better off trying a tincture which will be easiest for him too. Just be sure to have him start out with small doses. (maybe 5 drops at a time?) You don't want to put his organs in overload by detoxing too much/ too fast cause that could make him sicker. Also I would be sure he isn't taking other medications first. Is he having digestive issues as well?
eallen is offline  
Old 10-17-2009, 04:13 AM
 
greenthumb3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 1,517
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pampered_mom View Post
I know this post is a bit old, but there is another way of doing glycerin tinctures. One of my new favorite herbalists talks a little bit about it over here on her blog.

I'm not sure how I missed this thread completely. I've been dabbling here and there for the past couple of years. I started with just two books - one by Susun Weed and the other by Rosemary Gladstar. As a family we've found that herbal ways of doing things really resonated with us and I've discovered that it really is becoming a passion of mine (at least when not pregnant). My mom has really caught on as well and we decided to take Rosemary's correspondence course together - bought it when it was on sale which was an even greater bonus. Unfortunately I got pregnant soon after so it's sort of gone by the wayside.
Thank you for posting this, I'll be checking it out in a minutes here.
That's great you started the course, good luck with it! I have been kicking around the idea of taking courses...there was a pretty good list on Mountain Rose's site and I thought about watching some of Lady Barbara's videos (I am busy with my family, too, and want to learn what I can now without committing to time and money in large amounts). I have one herbal book with recipes and mostly scour websites online like learningherbs.com and herbmentor.com, both by the same family.
Rosemary's course looked like something I'd try, I like her style and approach to herbs.

Mama to DS (10), DS (8), DS (5), DD (3), & DD (6 months).
Lucky Wife to My Techy DH for 11 years.
We stillheart.gif Homebirth, Full-term Breastfeeding,
Connection Parenting, Life Learning, our LDS faith.
mdcblog5.gif

greenthumb3 is offline  
Old 10-18-2009, 09:06 PM
 
zeph11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Does anyone have a preference for certain brands of herbal preparations over others? Are there factors other than price that sway you toward one?

I ask because I need to order some osha root tincture, and looking at iherb.com, I see I have a choice among Gaia, Herb Pharm, Eclectic Institute and others, and I wondered whether there was a qualitative difference among them.
zeph11 is offline  
Old 10-19-2009, 04:31 PM
 
eallen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 20
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Are tinctures those little vials of liquid that you use 20-20 drops (or whatever the dosage). I have one that said the alcohol has been removed. How did they do that?
eallen is offline  
Old 10-19-2009, 04:41 PM
 
ian'smommaya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: In the apothecary working with the fae.
Posts: 4,071
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
joining you all. i am absolutely and herbal person. always have been. love the plants.

Visit the Holiday Helper thread and join in on the giving and fun! Loving and working with the plants. I have a store! or two!
ian'smommaya is offline  
Old 10-19-2009, 04:46 PM
~D~
 
~D~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: West Michigan
Posts: 303
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks for all the info, links and awesome discussion, mamas!!

Can anyone give me a couple of herbal/homeopathic remedies for children? DS (8 yo) is sick today He was vomiting last night and has a low grade fever. I don't want to give him commercial OTC's for obvuois reasons. So far today, he's had a few sips of peppermint tea for nausea, a little diluted apple juice (2 oz?), water, and a handful or so of goldfish crackers. I have heard of willow bark tea for pain, will it also help with fever? He's not eating much at all, so I have to remember he has an empty stomach also. His fever is not high enough to worry me, it just makes him miserable. He has also complained of a headache for most of the day. If I could get a short shopping list of a few things to have on hand, I'd be ever so grateful...

~Diana~ Mama to DD 13 blahblah.gif and DS 10 jumpers.gif

~D~ is offline  
Old 10-19-2009, 05:17 PM
 
Skim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: balmy wisconsin
Posts: 1,597
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Checking in!

While fixing some of the cement blocks in my raised beds I managed to pull a nice yellow dock root without much effort at all. The bad news is that I think I may have the wrong kind of alcohol for a tincture. If I only have 103 proof alcohol (vodka), can I still use it solely as the tincture liquid? Or do I have to get another one?

Thanks for your advice!

rural mama to DD1 DD2
unschooling, non-vaxing, writing, gardening, co-sleeping, critter-loving family :
Skim is offline  
Old 10-19-2009, 05:39 PM
 
ian'smommaya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: In the apothecary working with the fae.
Posts: 4,071
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeph11 View Post
Does anyone have a preference for certain brands of herbal preparations over others? Are there factors other than price that sway you toward one?

I ask because I need to order some osha root tincture, and looking at iherb.com, I see I have a choice among Gaia, Herb Pharm, Eclectic Institute and others, and I wondered whether there was a qualitative difference among them.
i make my own, or have a friend make them. when i am out i go with herb pharm out of those choices.

Visit the Holiday Helper thread and join in on the giving and fun! Loving and working with the plants. I have a store! or two!
ian'smommaya is offline  
Old 10-20-2009, 11:26 AM
 
Skim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: balmy wisconsin
Posts: 1,597
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Nevermind. I just read Susun Weed's book and she recommends vodka for tinctures. So we'll see how it goes.

Yellow dock root is so pretty, so yellow. It's the first time I've ever tinctured it.

rural mama to DD1 DD2
unschooling, non-vaxing, writing, gardening, co-sleeping, critter-loving family :
Skim is offline  
Old 10-20-2009, 02:22 PM
 
pampered_mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Somewhere short of crazy
Posts: 4,507
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skim View Post
Nevermind. I just read Susun Weed's book and she recommends vodka for tinctures. So we'll see how it goes.

Yellow dock root is so pretty, so yellow. It's the first time I've ever tinctured it.
Exciting! I love finding "weeds" in my yard for exactly that reason. As far as the alcohol goes...I use whatever vodka is cheapest. I've never seen Susun use anything all that fancy. I have on occasion used rum or whatever else with decent proof I had on hand.

Speaking of tinctures...I have to get going on several or they'll never be ready in time to be used.
pampered_mom is offline  
Old 10-20-2009, 02:32 PM
 
FrannieP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Seattle
Posts: 936
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yes! this is the time of year to tincture those roots!
I'm doing dandelion and burdock this week.
There are easy instructions here:
http://sites.google.com/site/herbindex/herbal-tinctures

Happy tincturing!!!

fp
FrannieP is offline  
Old 10-20-2009, 05:22 PM
 
pampered_mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Somewhere short of crazy
Posts: 4,507
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've seen a number of places where they suggest against using echinacea this year - especially where H1N1 is concerned. I'm getting ready to make some of our tried and true formulas for wintertime illnesses, but am now remembering that a couple of my most favorite ones contain echinacea.

One in particular is for chest/lung congestion/respiratory infections which I'm thinking would be key to have on hand this year to help prevent secondary infections if H1N1 should occur in our family. It's a combo of licorice root, cinnamon, echinacea, elecampane, and ginger. I know elecampane and ginger contribute antibacterial properties - would it be just as effective without the echinacea or would you consider adding in another herb as well (yarrow, osha, myrrh, thyme)?
pampered_mom is offline  
Old 10-21-2009, 11:32 AM
 
WuWei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In the moment
Posts: 11,071
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
THIS IS REALLY IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT THE GOVERNMENT RESTRICTING FREEDOM OF INFORMATION, AND CONFLICT OF INTEREST IN THE CDC.

ALERT: Special Swine Flu Update http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...lu-Update.aspx
Source: articles.mercola.com

Urgent and vital information you need to know about the massive amount of disinformation that the media has recently escalated as best demonstrated by 60 Minutes segment on Swine Flu which aired this past Sunday.

Be sure to read this FDA Warning and restriction regarding Dr. Andrew Weil's claims about herbal healing: http://www.ageofautism.com/2009/10/f...ucts.html#more


Pat Robinson

I have a blog.
WuWei is offline  
Old 10-21-2009, 11:46 AM
 
Aubergine68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: in the soul's garden
Posts: 2,882
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WuWei View Post
Be sure to read this FDA Warning and restriction regarding Dr. Andrew Weil's claims about herbal healing: http://www.ageofautism.com/2009/10/f...ucts.html#more
Thanks for sharing this. I hadn't seen it.

ETA This all makes me want to share more links for herbal remedies and immune boosters against flu. To start with, if anyone hasn't seen the Master Tonic thread in the TF forum, that is a major part of my flu prevention strategy
Aubergine68 is offline  
Old 10-22-2009, 09:27 PM
~D~
 
~D~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: West Michigan
Posts: 303
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WuWei View Post
THIS IS REALLY IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT THE GOVERNMENT RESTRICTING FREEDOM OF INFORMATION, AND CONFLICT OF INTEREST IN THE CDC.

ALERT: Special Swine Flu Update http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...lu-Update.aspx
Source: articles.mercola.com

Urgent and vital information you need to know about the massive amount of disinformation that the media has recently escalated as best demonstrated by 60 Minutes segment on Swine Flu which aired this past Sunday.

Be sure to read this FDA Warning and restriction regarding Dr. Andrew Weil's claims about herbal healing: http://www.ageofautism.com/2009/10/f...ucts.html#more


Pat Robinson
Sorry if this is off topic, but I also wanted to share something...

The push for vaccines by our local Health Dept is obscene!! I saw this today in a notice regarding the seasonal flu & pneumonia vaccines: "For maximum protection, children 6 months to 8 years of age receiving their first vaccine should receive a second immunization 30 days later." Let's give a 6 month old baby TWO doses of flu vaccine... For real??

~Diana~ Mama to DD 13 blahblah.gif and DS 10 jumpers.gif

~D~ is offline  
Old 10-22-2009, 09:45 PM - Thread Starter
 
rainbowmoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Vermont
Posts: 10,800
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm so glad we don't vaccinate!!!

What are you mamas doing to keep your immunity strong this flu season?

My partner takes astragalus. I really don't do much more than take vitamins and be sure to get lots of rest. Same for the kids. Oh and I am a but vigilant about cleaning (bathrooms and kitchen namely) and hand washing.

The kids and I all had a nasty flu in August though so I'm hoping we are somewhat immune!

Blissful Mama to DD-(5), DS-(6) and someone new due in November!
rainbowmoon is online now  
Old 10-22-2009, 10:04 PM
 
SandyMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Near Seattle
Posts: 565
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
GARLIC - is effective against at least 30 types of bacteria, viruses, parasites and fungi. It has anti-inflammatory and astringent properties...
Herbs That Boost Immunity
SandyMom is offline  
 
User Tag List

Thread Tools


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off