Cast Call!! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 04-02-2009, 05:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok I cant be the only one who's got some broken bone and is now casted... anyone want to join and talk joys and tears of casts!

I am glad that you can get colored casts nowadays.

signature currently in transition
#2 of 6 Old 04-03-2009, 11:45 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I have a broken arm! Woohoo for casts ... does yours extend over your elbow or stop just before it?

I swear, when this thing comes off, I'm going to take an hour long shower, WITHOUT the use of a garbage bag! I miss my showers ...

DD 2/08
#3 of 6 Old 04-04-2009, 11:56 AM

I broke my wrist about a year ago and was in a cast almost up to my armpit. 10 weeks of torture. I let my kids pick the color for me (bad idea) they chose dayglo orange, lol! I found that purchasing the $20 shower protector thing was worth it, it was easy to use and I never got my cast wet.

I was a naughty girl though with my cast, I would stick chopsticks down there to scratch That was one of the worst parts for me, the itchiness.

I hope y'all heal real fast!
#4 of 6 Old 04-04-2009, 01:29 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Orange, wow! I went with basic black but was really amazed at the colors they've got out now. Also, nobody can write on this one.

My BF keeps telling me to get a flyswatter or something with a long handle to scratch the itchies, but so far it's been bearable. I'm afraid of infection so I've kept stuff out of there.

DD 2/08
#5 of 6 Old 04-06-2009, 12:38 PM - Thread Starter

LOL! I picked day-glo orange! But I love orange, so its all good. Fortunately it stops before my elbow, and for this I am thankful. my inital splint went overm y eblow and that was so liiting!

#6 of 6 Old 04-08-2009, 03:37 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariesMama View Post
Orange, wow! I went with basic black but was really amazed at the colors they've got out now. Also, nobody can write on this one.

My BF keeps telling me to get a flyswatter or something with a long handle to scratch the itchies, but so far it's been bearable. I'm afraid of infection so I've kept stuff out of there.
How are you holding up? I havent had the itch yet, but the sticking sking is driving me buggy! Ugh and I cant seem to get comfy while sleeping. I've got 3 more weeks. 3. How 'bout you?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page