Cymbalta for fibromyalgia? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 04-15-2009, 08:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Does anyone uses cymbalta for fibromyalgia? Please share your experience.
#2 of 6 Old 04-19-2009, 11:48 AM

Hi there,

I wasn't going to post since I don't actually use it, but I see no one has responded. I have a family member who uses it to treat fibromyalgia and it does help her. However, I am not close enough to call to ask more specifics that you probably would want.

I hope it helps you!

An introvert and ain't ashamed of it!  love.gif
#3 of 6 Old 04-19-2009, 11:21 PM

I take Lyrica and it works well for me. I have never tried Cymbalta. I have heard good things about it though. The worst side effect seems to be heartburn/upset stomach.

-Laura
#4 of 6 Old 04-20-2009, 11:34 AM

I just learned about the benefits of high grade, high dose fish oil. Check out Dr. Barry Sear's website www.drsears.com. He has clinical studies proving that fish oil reduces the silent inflammations found in our bodies that cause disease, like fibromyalgia. He recommends about 3 Tbsp a day to cure our bodies of the pain associated with inflammation. I would highly recommend checking this out before going on prescription drugs. Supposedly it only take a month or so to notice significant improvements. Make sure it is a very high grade fish oil (shouldn't freeze if put in the freezer for 5 hours). I heard him speak on Saturday and was blown away!
#5 of 6 Old 04-21-2009, 11:46 PM

Another great remedy is Curamin, which is made from tumeric. Totally natural, no side-effects.

#6 of 6 Old 12-05-2012, 07:04 AM

I use cymbalta for my fibro, and it definitely helps. The only down side is I get really bad withdrawal symptoms whenever I forget to take a  dose -- but this is not common for most patients. Just be aware it can happen.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page