Drawing off fluid from arthritic knees? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 05-19-2009, 09:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a diagnosis of arthritis. In my experience, I seem to experience a period of inflammation in either hips or knees for a period of months (I've never really kept track, but maybe about 6 months at a time), then it will fade. I seem to experience some inflammation every couple of years or so.

Currently it's my knees. The pain isn't so bad but I'm trying to exercise and the arthritis is really getting in my way. For example, when I do leg extensions or curls, it's really uncomfortable on my joints, and I don't feel like I can make any progress. I use less weight than I feel my muscles can handle, just to take it easy on the joints, but it's just really holding me back.

My mother once mentioned to me that sometimes a doctor will take some of the excess fluid out with a needle. From a natural/holistic point of view, does this seem like a good idea? I've been googling but I am interested in the natural perspective.

Or does anyone know of other ways to drain the fluid and help ease the inflammation?

FWIW I think the inflammation is at least partly related to a tooth issue I have. I am prepared to have the tooth extracted. I found a very natural/holistic dentist and he thinks I may have to have it pulled but wanted to wait and see a little longer. So, I'm waiting and seeing.

Homeschooling mama to 6 year old DD.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page