Acute Homeopathy Study Group thread - Page 11 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#301 of 864 Old 12-06-2009, 09:32 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaG View Post
Just started reading Practical Homeopathy. I love this sentence from the preface: "I want a form of medicine in whose core philosophy is the notion that healing is always possible and is, in fact, an innate part of my nature."
Yeah - that is really empowering.
I know that has really become my view point.

I wish I had gotten the 100 remedy. I am going to fix the problem by getting a 200c kit and then separately order the other ones I need, if it makes sense financially.

Children deserve the respect of puzzling it out.
#302 of 864 Old 12-16-2009, 05:15 PM

I searched this thread for parasite info but did not find anything, but I'm sorry if this is a repeat... Looking for information about homeopathy for parasite cleanse. We have got them pretty bad. Taking Ivermectin but that is not working by itself, and we are doing dietary changes too (but I'm having a really hard time and the bananas are really bad, I can tell).

Here is a site that discusses homeopathy and other alternative treatments for parasites (a very good article I thought). It lists several remedies, but then says you need to go to someone specially trained to help you pick which one to use, and you need to know the particular parasite you have (makes sense).
http://www.umm.edu/altmed/articles/i...tes-000097.htm

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this approach. Trying to determine if it's worked going to a homeopathic person for advice.
#303 of 864 Old 12-16-2009, 05:49 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I see a lot of talk here about kits, pendulums, and a few other things, and, um...I'm feeling rather clueless. I've just always bought whatever I needed at the HFS or through Frontier, and I've either looked online for the right thing remedy for the situation, asked my mw, or recently, referred to the reference information in Pregnancy, Birth, and Your Baby's First Year.

So, can someone enlighten me/give me a crash course/point me to some references with basic information that I've obviously missed?

Crunchy wife to my high-school sweetheart, mama to DS (10/23/05) , DS (11/22/07) , DD (3/9/10) , and DS (5/26/12),  and three babies in Heaven.
#304 of 864 Old 12-16-2009, 06:05 PM

I just bought a 100-remedy kit from Washington Homeopathics...

http://www.homeopathyworks.com/jshop....php?xProd=505

I didn't try homeopathy for a lot of little stuff because at $8/bottle, the HFS was pretty pricey when I wasn't very sure of my ability to choose remedies. The box is pretty darn small (the pellets are tiny, that takes some work to not dump out a huge pile) so it's easy to store, and now I can experiment a bit more.
#305 of 864 Old 12-16-2009, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanyaLopez View Post

I didn't try homeopathy for a lot of little stuff because at $8/bottle, the HFS was pretty pricey when I wasn't very sure of my ability to choose remedies. The box is pretty darn small (the pellets are tiny, that takes some work to not dump out a huge pile) so it's easy to store, and now I can experiment a bit more.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! You are going to be very happy with it!
#306 of 864 Old 12-16-2009, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikki Jean View Post
I see a lot of talk here about kits, pendulums, and a few other things, and, um...I'm feeling rather clueless. I've just always bought whatever I needed at the HFS or through Frontier, and I've either looked online for the right thing remedy for the situation, asked my mw, or recently, referred to the reference information in Pregnancy, Birth, and Your Baby's First Year.

So, can someone enlighten me/give me a crash course/point me to some references with basic information that I've obviously missed?
LOL....it's easy to get lost here. I do it all the time! The benefit of having a kit is having the remedies at your fingertips when you need them. I can't always get to a health food store and when I send clients, sometimes they are OUT of the remedy I sent them for. This just puts more power in your hands. With 100 remedies (well, 92 or so with a few others in different potencies) you are likely to be able to address most anything that comes up. Even if you dont' have the exact remedy you need, you are likely to have something close enough to get you out of crisis mode.

It also makes it far less expensive. In a kit there are more doses for much less money. I think in the 100 remedy kit you pay about $1.25 per remedy and there are more doses in each than are in boiron tubes.

And lastly but definitely not least they are compact, can travel anywhere and are always organized. Much easier than fishing around for the right tube!

Pendulums are a whole nother ballgame and there's a thread somewhere about crystal testing...anyone know where? I'll see if I can find it.
#307 of 864 Old 12-16-2009, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellowjello View Post
Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this approach. Trying to determine if it's worked going to a homeopathic person for advice.
I do have some experience and I do think it's worth it. However you can also look at the remedies and see if one seems to jump out as well. I just find that homeopathy, when well prescribed works brilliantly and has for many many things for us. Parasites included. I will say though that we also take a look at our diets if this is an issue. DH dealt with this maybe two years ago. We tightened up on his diet and used homeopathy. We didn't need to do anything else.
#308 of 864 Old 12-16-2009, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanyaLopez View Post

Yay!! I'm so jealous. I really want to buy that kit.

Mom to DD1 (10/07) and DD2 (3/11)
geek.gif I blog about our life with food allergies and eosinophilic disorders.
#309 of 864 Old 12-16-2009, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by changingseasons View Post
Yay!! I'm so jealous. I really want to buy that kit.

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
#310 of 864 Old 12-16-2009, 08:08 PM

I have the 50 30c kit, and will be buying a 200c kit in January.

What I am trying to figure out is if I should buy the 100 30c kit, or if I should buy 20-30 different remedies I expect to need.

Hmmm, what Panser mentioned, each remedy costs 1.25. that seems to be cheaper than buying the individual vials needed to get myself up to 100. The individual vials are on sale, as well as the kits.

Off to think.

#311 of 864 Old 12-16-2009, 10:01 PM

do you need to be able to travel with them?

From what I recall the top 100 kit is around $160 so yes...it's quite a lot cheaper to buy the kit than it is to purchase remedies individually. Refills are around 4 or 5 (in the half dram size) or regular 2 dram sizes are closer to $8 I think. Far pricier! Plus, no handy travel case.
#312 of 864 Old 12-27-2009, 02:19 PM

I'm taking DD (19 months old) in for some blood work tomorrow. What can I give her before/after the blood draw to calm her down?
#313 of 864 Old 12-27-2009, 03:02 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by waluso View Post
I'm taking DD (19 months old) in for some blood work tomorrow. What can I give her before/after the blood draw to calm her down?
I believe that Gelsemium is for anticipatory anxiety. Rescue Remedy could help too- for both of you.

Pat

I have a blog.
#314 of 864 Old 12-27-2009, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WuWei View Post
I believe that Gelsemium is for anticipatory anxiety. Rescue Remedy could help too- for both of you.

Pat
I thought it was aconite?

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
#315 of 864 Old 12-27-2009, 03:48 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacquelineR View Post
I thought it was aconite?
I believe aconite is for after a shock. Gelsemium for fear beforehand.

Pat

I have a blog.
#316 of 864 Old 12-27-2009, 08:54 PM

Unless she is old enough to be fretting about it before the actual event I would do aconite right before before and arnica afterward. You, on the other hand should consider gels or argentum prior to if you are at all nervous about it!

Gelsemium is an EXCELLENT remedy for anticipatory anxiety but I think of it more like stomach pain, nausea, nervousness when you know you have a test to take, a presentation to give or meeting that you are freaking out about. It's for all those symptoms associated with anxiety before the actual event. A kiddo that age will not likely know to be anxious before hand (but if they do, if they've been around doctors a lot and know that an office with white coats means potentially painful tests by all means use it when they start exhibiting signs of stress.) For things like a blood draw where they don't really know to worry until it's happening I just use aconite because it's a sudden, acute fear.

So I give aconite right before to help with the potential shock they are about to experience and arnica right after as it had mental rubrics for wanting to be left alone and not touched. Repeating arnica a few times usually helps with any residual discomfort.

Anyway, just my two cents! I would certainly have rescue remedy available and would give it often.
#317 of 864 Old 12-27-2009, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WuWei View Post
I believe aconite is for after a shock. Gelsemium for fear beforehand.

Pat
it is written this way in many places, but I do find if you know that someone is about to experience a shock (a luxury that isn't always a reality) then giving it right before can alleviate quite a lot of it. And you are totally right, gels is GREAT for anticipatory anxiety, but generally in these cases it's mom who has it!
#318 of 864 Old 12-27-2009, 09:11 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you for the details and practical application!

Pat

I have a blog.
#319 of 864 Old 12-29-2009, 03:09 AM

Thanks for the suggestions! I gave DD aconite before and arnica after the blood draw. She was over it within minutes of her blood being drawn. It still wasn't pleasant but I'm sure it could have been worse. I think it was much more difficult for me than her!
#320 of 864 Old 12-29-2009, 11:39 AM

Glad it's all over!
#321 of 864 Old 12-31-2009, 05:08 PM

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

#322 of 864 Old 01-01-2010, 05:00 PM

Happy New Year! Within the past few weeks, I received my 100-remedy kit from Washington Homeopathics and I'm having fun with it. With a lot of minor stuff, it's hard to know if it's helping or not, but having a lot to play with, without worrying about running out of the $8 tube of boiron, is really helpful.

And the more I read (I haven't ordered the other book, I'm still working from the Wash Homeopathy booklet and Miranda Castro's Complete Homeopathy Handbook) the more I see a few remedies that fit DH and myself (different remedies) in a lot of ways.

PB--the calc carb fits quite a bit (me), both quite a few of the general things as well as the specific physical, low-level complaints (hoarse voice? another thing I just assumed was a quirk of mine), I only have 30c and I'm not sure I'd want to try really high doses on my own, so I've tried a few doses on my own. After I get home, when things settle down, I may keep playing with it. And I want to re-read the pulsatilla stuff for DH.

Anyway, just wanted to bump the thread, this is a new and interesting thing for the new year.
#323 of 864 Old 01-01-2010, 07:45 PM

What I would consider were I you, if you are trying it at 30C for yourself, would be to take it once a day, in water (just dissolve the pillules in about an ounce of water) for about a week and then assess. Low dosing for constitutional stuff tends to work well, IMO. We dont' know that this is a perfect fit, but it may well do some good!

Hoarse voice is also related to low cholesterol/low seratonin and lower functioning thyroid which I feel is part of the calc carb picture too.
#324 of 864 Old 01-01-2010, 07:59 PM

Dang, maybe it's not a coincidence that I've been noticing the voice recently (it had been an issue at other times, just seemed to recur recently), AND I've been cold and I've been slacking on my pills and generally not taking care of myself very well. I've been wondering if I'm trending a bit more marginal on the thyroid lately, mood's not as great as I'd like but not bad, and since I know my cholesterol was really low a while back and is related to the adrenal/progresterone issues and I can see those aren't great, well, it's a good time for a new year to reassess where I am and where I'm going.

I'm supposed to be doing that now, in fact, while everyone is out of the house and it's quiet. To work with me!

I'll give it a try and see where things go. It's nice to have a plan.
#325 of 864 Old 01-01-2010, 08:01 PM

I understand completely. Plans are good.
#326 of 864 Old 01-18-2010, 11:06 PM

Just got my 100 30c remedy kit from washington homeopathics. I have to say although I am excited, I do feel like i am cheating on my little grey box.
I haven't opened it yet.

I am also looking forward to ordering a 200c kit from elsewhere. soon, soon.

I haven't had good customer service from that company and look forward to trying other places. Although I do need to order some 1/2 dram vials from them (little glass vials and tile floors don't mix). I don't think they are currently separately selling the 1/2 dram vials right now.l

A couple of us have gurgly tummies right now. This might be a good time to crack the kit open.

How is everyone else doing?

#327 of 864 Old 01-19-2010, 12:25 PM

So I cracked open my new kit this morning. DS asked me to because he was feeling icky.
Pendulum decided on arsenicum alb 30c for him (he tends toward this remedy) and arsenicum alb 200c for me. I never used anything above 30c so I am curious to see what happens. Soon afterward I felt really sleepy, which I think is a good sign. I'm just resting now, while DS watches videos.

I am looking at a remedy that might help with my oldest boy's anxiety. I am hoping to work on that soon. BUt, I am also just starting some new nutritional support for anxiety so, I'll see soon.

#328 of 864 Old 01-19-2010, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammo2Sammo View Post
Soon afterward I felt really sleepy, which I think is a good sign.
it is!
#329 of 864 Old 01-19-2010, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panserbjørne View Post
it is!
thanks! I haven't seen you around recently. I hope all is well with you.

#330 of 864 Old 01-19-2010, 04:46 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi all, I while I have used homeopathy for years I am fairly new to it as well in that I have always relied on my practitioner to suggest remedies. I know the basic principals and I know some basic remedies for bumps, bruises, fevers etc. I am interested in learning more so that I can treat myself and my family without needing to rely on a professional for advice. I am looking for book reccomendations on treating run of the mill stuff, particularly in children!
Thanks in advance

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

Tags
Homeopathics , Health Healing

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page