Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thank you - I will give that a try.
#362 of 864 Old 01-25-2010, 11:16 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
ok match this symptom and amelioration to a remedy

My drippy and burning nose can only find comfort with. . . yes, what is the amelioration?? sticking my cold, cold fingers up my nostrils. shoot. did I just admit that? total comfort, the problem is my fingers are either too busy with that or getting washed. I haven't had a chance to research it. hee hee.

Children deserve the respect of puzzling it out.
#363 of 864 Old 01-26-2010, 02:11 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
M2S, that's hilarious, at least _something_ is working!

Here, I think I'm seeing the beginnings of something good. DD, 6yo, has always had touchy digestion and for a while now has been tending toward stomachaches. I don't know what I read about pulsatilla, but somewhere something seemed familiar, and I went off and read more in my book (Mirando Castro's book on homeopathy for kids), and a lot of the pulsatilla stuff fit. It's stuff that's really not DD, but has been changing and coming on for a while now. I've only got pulsatilla in 30c potency, so that's what I'm using, and I think it's helping, her poop is looking a lot better, formed and brown, and her stomach aches seem to be a lot less frequent and severe. And the whiny/clingy thing is toning down too. Either this is an amazing, kick-ass batch of kimchi we've just started (and it hasn't been as many days as I would've expected to see an improvement just due to that), or the pulsatilla is helping, almost acting like a multiplier for our much-beloved kimchi, plus more.

We'll see how things go over the next couple weeks, but I'm much more optimistic than I was this time last week.
#364 of 864 Old 01-26-2010, 02:33 AM

aching all over
sore throat
headache
tired
itchy in my ears
drinking hurts, especially cold stuff
took lachesis

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
#365 of 864 Old 01-26-2010, 11:15 AM

Awesome work Tanya. I am so glad youbare seeing results.

How are you doing JR? Did the remedy help?

#366 of 864 Old 01-26-2010, 12:04 PM

I just wanted to post a recent success with arnica cream.

I developed a sore throat Friday night, and my breathing was a little tight. I took kali-b, which has helped my sore-throat-about-to-become-a-cold symptoms in the past. No change.

I then realized that the sore throat was akin to a sore throat that was diagnosed as costochrondritis associated with lupus that I had several years ago. .... Inflamation! So, on Sunday, I rubbed arnica cream over my throat and upper chest, several times over 36 hours. I then put on an amber teething necklace, which fits me like a choker. (My back pain responds to an amber teething bracelet, so I figured, why not try it?)

Sore throat is gone. It was pretty much gone when I stopped the arnica, but I wore the necklace yesterday for good measure.

DS, 10/07. Allergies: peanut, egg, wheat. We've added dairy back in. And taken it back out again. It causes sandpaper skin with itchy patches and thrashing during sleep. Due w/ #2 late April, 2012.

#367 of 864 Old 01-26-2010, 12:35 PM

wow - that's really cool ASusan. I haven't used arnica cream much, but will keep it in mind. thanks for sharing.
So you have found amber necklaces help you too?

I have been dabbling in working with rocks and gems. I dont know what it is officially called. At times it seems to work for me and other times not. Anyone have a book or website recommendation for learning more? JR?

#368 of 864 Old 01-26-2010, 04:43 PM

Yeah, nothing is touching my sore throat but at least the body achiness is dissipated somewhat by lachesis. It's obviously not the "right" remedy, but seems best of what I've tried that's on hand- not that I've tried much else.

Gemology- studied it what seems like forever ago, from 15 to 7 years ago. Don't remember book names, many of the sites I went to seem to be gone or changed to something else. Now, I meditate/dream/pray about what I need, open myself to the information, double check with multiple sources (usually call a friend or 2 who have studied more recently than myself) then use it. Amber is really well known for it's anti-inflammatory properties, fwiw.

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
#369 of 864 Old 01-29-2010, 06:41 PM

I was wondering if we can discuss when someone should take 30c versus 200c.

I used my pendulum during my youngest illness to help determine it. I also was feeling a little icky. At times the response was 200c, other times 30c. (I have a limited amount of 200c in my 100 remedy kit).

If I wasn't using my pendulum, what are some guidelines to keep in mind in determining which one.

I started taking cantharis today for a uti (I just started using zeolite to remove metals and it is making my youngest and I yeastie, causing uti's among other things). I wasn't surprised that the pendulum guided me to 200c (I have a history of uti's for about a year). I was surprised that it guided me to 200c for my youngest.

#370 of 864 Old 01-29-2010, 07:31 PM

I consider a 30c to be more physical than a 1m, but a 200c is in the middle, where you are needing some in the middle healing. I don't use 200c's much, but I needed to recently and here is our example:
My dd needed Nat Mur and was mainly for physical reason, so I would normally give a 30c, but she was on the verge to needing deeper work, but not all the way there. So I gave her a 200c.

Arnica is one I usually never use a 30c and a 200c instead (or higher). I feel that if you are needing arnica, you are probably having more serious issues (like car accident shock for example) and shouldn't play around with the low potencies when a high one is essential.

Just a note, I am no expert and do rely on the pendulum for the answers usually, but this is how I would do it if I didn't have one to test with. I am just a regular ol' mom that has learned a thing or two along the way. I would love to hear others reason for which potencies.
#371 of 864 Old 01-29-2010, 07:56 PM

Ha! You could have 4 years of medical school specializing in homeopathy and still never really have an answer to that question.

In general what BBM said is the most widely held theory. Lower potencies for physical issues, mid potency for acutes and constitutional starts and high for deep constitutional work.

HOWEVER, my constitutional remedy is doing more and deeper work at 30C than it ever did at 1M. Many people find this to be the case.

In clinics for acute infections or infectious diseases you'd often see 1M's being administered.

There are many variables here (which is why there are many schools of thought.) In fact in France the highest potency they use is 30C by law. Their dosing schedules and potencies are VERY different.

With major injuries I often high dose once and follow up with very low potencies. Post surgery, or accident for instance I often will do a 200C or 1M and follow with 6c's-especially for arnica. People seem to get better relief using lower potencies for very acute situations. Plus you can take it far more frequently (again...there are variables here!)

Generally a higher potency means a stronger vital force, IMO. Someone who is debilitated or in a weakened state can't always tolerate a high dose. Kiddos generally DO have a strong vital force and for that reason do quite well at 200C. BUT kiddos with allergies *I* find do better with low doses more often as they are more likely to antidote. This is also the case if metals are present. My dd does far better on a 6, 12 or 30C than she ever did on a 1 or 10M.

I'm sorry there isn't a formulaic answer....but as I said after YEARS of study there still wouldn't be. There are theories. You learn them, follow the guidelines and see what works best for you.
#372 of 864 Old 01-29-2010, 08:09 PM

Thanks you Panserbjørne for sharing! Very good to show how all homeopaths are different. So cool!

Homeopathy is so deep and so much to learn.
#373 of 864 Old 01-29-2010, 09:08 PM

Okay, so I just got my first homeopathy kit today (the 50 remedy one from WHP). My only experience with homeopathy would be the Hyland's teething tablets I occasionally give my 5 month old daughter. I bought a book and am trying to open my mind up to this "new" (to me!) type of medicine. Here's my question though. How long should the pellets take to dissolve under the tongue? When I give my DD the teething tablets, they dissolve almost instantly. I didn't know if that would be the case with the pellets so I tried to dissolve a few in water tonight and it seemed to take forever. Sorry, I know this is a silly question! Thanks!
#374 of 864 Old 01-29-2010, 09:28 PM

not instantly, but they don't really have to either. they don't have to dissolve for the effect to be had. they are coated with the remedy, it's not "in them." and not a silly question!
#375 of 864 Old 01-29-2010, 10:27 PM

hmmm. interesting information. thank you Panser and Bluebirdmama.

So today I was guided to 200c cantharis for my son. This evening I double checked to see if anymore was needed. Pendulum said 30c.

This is the second or third time I have seen this pattern. My totally uneducated thought was that the 30c was kind of like a support to the 200c. kwim? I can think of the way to clearly say that in ASL, but not English

is the 200c then 30c a common pattern?

#376 of 864 Old 01-29-2010, 11:17 PM

OK, so my friend said she has her baby swallow the pellets. I know they are tiny enough that a baby could swallow them. So should I have my baby swallow with a little water? The water is okay, right?
#377 of 864 Old 01-30-2010, 07:41 PM

Swallowing is not necessary. I tip them into my boys' mouths and let them hang out there, most of the time they chew them. Either way it works.
If they are sleeping and I can't get their mouth's open, I put the pellets in their ears. My pellets are small poppyseed size.

#378 of 864 Old 02-08-2010, 05:40 PM

I just got hit in the head with some falling icicles, and it really hurt. I should ahve known better, but....now I have a goose egg and a headache. Should I take 30C or 200C arnica?
#379 of 864 Old 02-08-2010, 06:44 PM

momofmine - I would try the 30c first and if you don't feel relief, try the higher one.

#380 of 864 Old 02-08-2010, 07:08 PM

ouch.

Mom to DD1 (10/07) and DD2 (3/11)
geek.gif I blog about our life with food allergies and eosinophilic disorders.
#381 of 864 Old 02-09-2010, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofmine View Post
I just got hit in the head with some falling icicles, and it really hurt. I should ahve known better, but....now I have a goose egg and a headache. Should I take 30C or 200C arnica?
how are you doing today?

#382 of 864 Old 02-09-2010, 02:07 PM

today my oldest asked me when they bumps between his toes would go away. He said he has had them for as long as he can remember. (why am I the last to know?)

They are rubbing warty looking things on his big toe, the other on the next one in, rubbing each other. I remember Gina T talking about warts, so I thought about homeopathy for that.

I tested a handful and three came back as fine, but i am leaning toward Thuja. (Thuja, Caust, Calc S all tested yes, but I didn't ask more indepth questions to distinguish between the two).

When reading mm about Thuja, he really seems to match many things, both acute (post nasal drip and swollen glands) and chronic (just discovered tooth decay in his brand new molar , he has soft peeling nails - but hey at least they are growing now , healing from vaxes )

the mm suggests that you should start on a low potency, 12c, because of its wild aggravations. Unfortunately I only have 30c. I popped some in his mouth this morning and sent him off to his homeschooling center - hopefully he is not going wild.

So my question is, do you think I am on the right trail? and for something chronic, what should I be thinking about in terms of dosing?

hmmm interesting: before he left he complained that his knees hurt alot. I wonder if thatis why causticum popped up yes for him?

#383 of 864 Old 02-21-2010, 11:31 AM

Hello everyone here's another saga.

Last night I pulled out my brand new mandoline to cut some potatoes. I was experimenting with thickness, made it a little extra thick. During my fifth slice, I sliced off a good chunk of my thumb. My thumb looks pointed now rather than round.

Before I even started bleeding, while still feeling calm, I took some rescue remedy. DH started freaking out so I gave him some. I then gave myself some arnica. Still no pain but I knew I was in shock.

We found my thumb piece, rinsed it off and placed it back on, hoping it would help prevent wound sticking to the fabric.

I then tested arnic, hypernicum and staph - well at some point. They all were yeses. I can't remember what I took, except I do remember I took arnica 30c.

DH was really upset, so I gave him aconite.
We went to the er and my finger started hurting more. I remembered i had arnica 200c so I took it. Totally amazing. Almost all of the pain was gone. They put on this cool sponge thing that is acting like a scab. It completely stopped the bleeding.

Every nurse or doctor asked if I had had a tetanus shot recently. totally not necessary. I was bleeding a lot and I cut myself with a brand new kitchen utensil - completely unrelated to tetanus issues.

We went home and DH tested for aconite 200c and I tested for aconite 30c.

I had a lot of weird dreams last night and I woke up in pain. I also woke up very emotional.

I'm feeling really weepy and vulnerable right now -really icky. I took aconite 200c about 20 minutes ago, so maybe I'm processing everything right now.
Would anything else help me with my emotions?

My thumb is very tender.

Didn't need to take any allopathic pain relievers. amazing.

#384 of 864 Old 02-21-2010, 01:03 PM

Oh M2S, how awful. I am glad the remedies helped you. I would consider putting rescue remedy in a cup of water and sipping on that all through the day. Might help with the emotional stuff. I am so sorry that happened! Hope your thumb heals quickly. Did they reattach the piece that was sliced off?
#385 of 864 Old 02-21-2010, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofmine View Post
Oh M2S, how awful. I am glad the remedies helped you. I would consider putting rescue remedy in a cup of water and sipping on that all through the day. Might help with the emotional stuff. I am so sorry that happened! Hope your thumb heals quickly. Did they reattach the piece that was sliced off?
that's a great suggestion momofmine. Iwill do that

no they didn't re-attach. They said I should be able to regrow that area.

#386 of 864 Old 02-21-2010, 01:14 PM

Well, I'm not sure what you have on it or what the wound is looking like then, but at some point you could soak some gauze in diluted calendula tincture and apply that. Or raw honey? Although raw honey tends to keep the wound moist and prevent a scab from forming. So the wound heals from the bottom up. From our experience, it seems to take longer, because you go about without a scab. But it's probably the same amount of time because a wound still has to heal under a scab. However, a scab is protective and keeps the bad stuff out. So, I am not sure how deep or what the wound looks like, so not sure what else I would do.
#387 of 864 Old 02-21-2010, 08:04 PM

I was given a cool sponge gel in the we which adheres to the wound. It needs to stay on for the first 72 hrs, until my body makes it's own scab.

I'm feeling much better emotionally.

#388 of 864 Old 02-21-2010, 08:13 PM

Wow, M2S! That's crazy! Have you thought about using anything topically? Maybe some calendula/hypericum? I'd also make sure dietary sources of zinc were adequate for cellular regeneration. Have you ever used Sangre de Drago? That's excellent for wounds like this.
#389 of 864 Old 02-21-2010, 10:23 PM

I'm surprised by the pain management of arnica. Very cool. I've upped my zinc and will check out the herb you mentioned. I have calendula petals, so I wash thinking of making a wash out of them. Would it make sense to add some homeopathy?
I do think I need some hypernicum. I can't get at the wound until 72 hours. At that point I will regularly do cleasing washes instead of antibiotic ointments.

#390 of 864 Old 02-21-2010, 10:30 PM

the hypericum and calendula are both tinctures that you mix into water (10:1 water to tinctures) and use as a wash over the wound. At this point I would not use the remedy over the wash. Keep with the arnica for as long as you need it.

Tags
Homeopathics , Health Healing

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page