Acute Homeopathy Study Group thread - Page 21 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#601 of 864 Old 06-16-2010, 04:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just wanted to post a fantastic success with arnica gel and drops. Two weeks ago, I fell down the stairs, (while hopping on one foot - I was trying to avoid getting my son's urine - which I had stepped in - from further contaminating my SIL's carpeting). I landed on the last 2.5 toes of my foot. Instant swelling. I wasn't sure that there weren't broken toes. Ice, and then I searched for local homeopathy, as I had left most of my stuff at home. I found gel and drops from this company, and although my toes were black by that evening, by the next day, they were starting to look better.

I never had to take an ibuprofen or other pain reliever. By 3 days, I was walking a full day in Birks in the city.

Amazing stuff.

DS, 10/07. Allergies: peanut, egg, wheat. We've added dairy back in. And taken it back out again. It causes sandpaper skin with itchy patches and thrashing during sleep. Due w/ #2 late April, 2012.

#602 of 864 Old 06-24-2010, 02:16 PM

Last night DD "tweaked" her neck somehow. I think its the ligament that runs from the head to the neck. Anyhow, of course, the chiro isn't open today.

So I did arnica (internal & external) & some heat & ice. I also gave her a cup of magnesium. Anything else homeopathy-wise I can do.

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
#603 of 864 Old 06-24-2010, 05:27 PM

You can try ruta which is more specific to connective tissue than actual muscle.
#604 of 864 Old 06-28-2010, 10:33 AM

Just an update on DD and her tooth abscess: The homeopath said it was going to be a guessing game since there were so few symptoms to go by. DD still says that it doesn't hurt. We tried silicea 6c 3x day for 1 week - no change. Then we switched to hepar sulph 6c last Thursday and still no change as of today. I will be calling back today to see what she recommends next, but I am getting a little nervous about it so I think I will also contact another dentist to get a second opinion on treatment options to compare to the first dentist. Still hoping we can get somewhere with the homeopathy though.
#605 of 864 Old 07-07-2010, 11:09 PM

I was hoping to get some advice. DD does not poop without help from something we used to do miralax but read up and stopped that nasty stuff then we tried suppositories and enemas (poor thing) had this probelm since she was a year she is now 3 anyhow we finally sought the help of a homeopathy practitioner and after three different remedies we finally hit on something. She has the biggest poop ever and did it with out anything other then the remedies ofcourse. Anyhow she was put on sulfur on lyco and now finally Nux Vomica ( only took three days to work) now our homeopathy practioner wants us to keep her on that for a bit to see what happens.

I am not to educated in homeopathy i have read a little asked some questions but am still very new to it and am trying to understand it. My homeopathy practioner is very cool , I like him alot just want to get other opinions from mamas that have btdt.

My question is how long can a toddler stay on nux vomica, i asked him through email but he hasnt gotten back to me yet, she takes 12 c 2 times a day. I got a liitle freaked out when i saw that the ingredient was strychnine got a little nervous, but look what she was taking before every day twice a day (miralax) read that was like antifreeze? So if any of you lovely mamas can chat or try to help me understand how this is safe to keep my little one, please respond. thanks!
#606 of 864 Old 07-07-2010, 11:53 PM

I'm in a seminar right now, but the answer is, if it's the right remedy that perfectly matches her, almost indefinitely. and you will see signs if it's not. It's really very safe so long as you have open communication with your practitioner. My daughter, for instance takes her remedy daily and has for years. best of luck!
#607 of 864 Old 07-07-2010, 11:57 PM

That's awesome that you found a remedy to help! We have had some amazing results with homeopathy over the past couple of years, that I would have never expected. This is my understanding of your question: I would not worry one bit, there is absolutely nothing toxic at all left in the remedy, according to our homeopathic practitioners. It is like the energy of it, but none of the actual substance remains. I don't understand really what goes into making the remedies, I only know that part. It is safe. The only potential thing is that if you give too many doses you can "prove" a remedy, which means you start to have some of the symptoms it is supposed to help. But then it stops when you stop the remedy. This is more likely with higher doses, I would guess. Since you are using a low dose, 12C, then that is less likely, I think. I would ask your homeopath though, as I am not one, just a consumer.
#608 of 864 Old 07-07-2010, 11:58 PM

One more thing to add, magnesium, Vitamin C, probiotics, digestive enzymes, etc, are things that also might be helpful for the constipation. Check out the Allergies forum for tons of gut healing info.
#609 of 864 Old 07-13-2010, 09:13 PM

I could really use some help here.

Overnight on Sunday DS came down with a high fever. We was very warm all day Monday. I gave him Belladona but it had no effect. He was warm overnight Monday but still slept well. He was also pretty active on Monday and ate very well and drank a lot. Today he got up and was almost normal. Acting fine, ate breakfast.

Around lunchtime he heated up again and later in the afternoon got lethargic. He also has been complaining that his stomach hurts, although he isn't having diarrhea or anything like that. We took his temp tonight & it was between 102-103 with a temporal thermometer.

Any thoughts on where to go from here. We did give him ibuprofin tonight b/c he seemed so uncomfortable but I am not really happy with that b/c of all the crappy ingredients. The nurse at the drs office thinks it might be strep.

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
#610 of 864 Old 07-22-2010, 08:04 AM

DS sees a homeopath but she is currently travelling overseas.
He has a dust mite allergy that has caused him to need an occasional inhaler. However, he has been coughing for the past few days and now it is constant and the inhaler does not seem to stop it. It is dry, yet he sounds phlegmy in the throat. I had a 200 dose of something for a cough that she gave me awhile ago, I can't remember the name of it and the envelope just says ANT. I gave it to him and it seemed to decrease it somewhat.
Any suggestions? I would love to get it in control as he seems to get irritated very easily.
TIA !
#611 of 864 Old 07-22-2010, 08:25 AM

forgot to add-
I am thinking this is a bug and not a result of his allergy, as the inhaler seems to really stop his coughing when it is due to his allergy.
Who knows, I am feeling way overwhelmed by all of it!
#612 of 864 Old 07-22-2010, 09:25 AM

do you have either ant crudum or and tart (which is my best guess) in a lower potency? Like 30C?

Sometimes in an acute place lower potencies are more effective.
#613 of 864 Old 07-22-2010, 01:33 PM

I do not have either and am unable to contact her as she is on the plane as we speak.
I am right around the corner from a HFS and can pick something up.
Which one would be best for me to pick up in 30c?
Thanks soooooooo much
#614 of 864 Old 08-02-2010, 04:51 PM

Natrum Muriacticum ... i cant find anything on it, other then it is given to animals?

My dd 3 yrs old had been constipated since year old was using miralax off and on for almost a year to poo about 6 months ago or so we started with a homeopathy practioner, well after 6 or so remedies and nothing working other then suppositories every ten days we are back to the drawing board my practioner wanst my dd to try this new remedy called Natrum Muriacticum , what is it and has it ever worked for you for constipation...

I am at the end here dont know what to do ..... please dont tell me to do a diet elimation or up fiber mag fruits ect we have tried it all, she doesnt like to eat much has a sweet tooth we do not give in to, will not drink anything other then apple juice and water occasional milk does not eat many carbs barely any fruit a few veggies. so i really just want to know some info on the remedy that was reccomended, i am awaiting his call right now thought i would see what i could find out on here first.
thanks mamas!
#615 of 864 Old 08-02-2010, 05:05 PM

The remedy that the practitioner chooses all depends on the person and the symptoms that are presented. So, it's not as simple as use X remedy for Y condition. It will depend on many things. I would ask your practitioner why they chose that remedy if you have questions. Also, if you aren't seeing any results, you might want to get someone else to look at it with a fresh eye.

I think that nutritional stuff has to happen along with it, so I would also be looking in the Allergies forum for help on that end of things.

Good luck, you sound very frustrated.
#616 of 864 Old 08-02-2010, 05:18 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I think nat mur's a pretty normal, common remedy. I used it acutely for something else for DD, something easier than constipation. But it's worth trying if your practitioner thinks it's the right fit. I'm sorry you've had a long road trying to solve this.
#617 of 864 Old 08-02-2010, 06:33 PM

what would you like to know? It's one of the biggest polycrests there is and there are entire books dedicated to it! I'm happy to discuss it-just point me in a direction!
#618 of 864 Old 08-02-2010, 10:09 PM

OK I have a nat mur question although I don't know if it is answerable.

Why do you think that when early in our homeopathy path, when I gave it to my oldest for a head cold rather intensely (without the guidance of a pendulum), he kept on getting the same rash pop up along his side. It was a large circular rash that went from his front all the way to his back.
Was it acting more like a constitutional remedy? was it doing more deep action than I was thinking about? It happened three separate times (again, before my pendulum attempts) all in exactly the same place.

Children deserve the respect of puzzling it out.
#619 of 864 Old 08-03-2010, 08:32 AM

yes and no. my guess is that it was going very deep and missing the mark (given what I know about your ds.) It struck enough of a chord and had enough resonance to shift things, but wasn't in tune enough to get the job done. (it's orange )
#620 of 864 Old 08-03-2010, 09:07 AM

ahh I was wondering about the category. Totally makes sense.

OK I have to say that I lurv homeopathy. It deeply touches and fascinates me. Thanks for helping me along.

Somewhat aside story: A couple of weeks ago we proudly told my inlaws that my DH is planning to start a PHD program for free at the university he works at. We are thrilled with the decision since it makes sense for him as an individual and as a family. They were excited for us to. My mil very kindly asked me what I wanted for myself. If I wanted to take classes also. It touched me that she wanted us all to remember that I was an adult too with my own intellectual goals. What I didn't tell her well enough is that I have my hands full learning so much right now that I don't have time for classes, plus I did say that huge university didn't have the classes I was interested in. Instead, I've decided to really respect my unschooling studies, embrace buying books and the time that it takes, because it is a heck of a lot cheaper than getting a degree somewhere. I am also going to be open to taking classes/seminars here or there. Just wanted to share my change of approach here.

#621 of 864 Old 08-03-2010, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammo2Sammo View Post
OK I have a nat mur question although I don't know if it is answerable.

Why do you think that when early in our homeopathy path, when I gave it to my oldest for a head cold rather intensely (without the guidance of a pendulum), he kept on getting the same rash pop up along his side. It was a large circular rash that went from his front all the way to his back.
Was it acting more like a constitutional remedy? was it doing more deep action than I was thinking about? It happened three separate times (again, before my pendulum attempts) all in exactly the same place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panserbjørne View Post
yes and no. my guess is that it was going very deep and missing the mark (given what I know about your ds.) It struck enough of a chord and had enough resonance to shift things, but wasn't in tune enough to get the job done. (it's orange )
Interesting stuff. I'm pretty sure that nat mur was the remedy I was on that kept making my elbow eczema/lyme-looking rash flare up. It hasn't shown up since the last time I took the remedy (well, it hung around for a few months, but that's when it started.)

Mom to DD1 (10/07) and DD2 (3/11)
geek.gif I blog about our life with food allergies and eosinophilic disorders.
#622 of 864 Old 08-03-2010, 01:14 PM

and I'd have the same answer for you! as it's orange it does have some overlap with you. Meaning it wouldn't do nothing...it would do something but not likely get you to where you needed to be.
#623 of 864 Old 08-04-2010, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panserbjørne View Post
what would you like to know? It's one of the biggest polycrests there is and there are entire books dedicated to it! I'm happy to discuss it-just point me in a direction!
hi there
I guess anything you can, i can tfind much... we have tried 6 other remedies and nothing has worked poor kid cant poop... what is commonly used for what is it? what makes it up i guess is what i am wondering. 12c 2x a day is what he want my DD to take, have you heard of it working for constipation? he also recommended a stool softner tea to go along side it, but i cant remember the name right now. thanks
#624 of 864 Old 08-04-2010, 09:31 AM

Hi there....have you googled: nat mur + constipation? There's quite a lot written about it.

A polycrest means that it is a remedy with a wide range of actions. It can work for many different symptoms, providing it matches the totality of symptoms. I can't list all that it's used for because it would take several posts, but yes...constipation is one of the many things. So if you look at a materia medica : http://abchomeopathy.com/r.php/Nat-m what you will see is a bunch of symptoms, and she doesn't need to fit all of them. However all her major symptoms must be present.

Don't be thrown off that it *can* also be used for diarrhea....many remedies are like this (and partially why they end up being polycrests!) It's also got strong indications for constipation.

As far as what it is? It's salt. I can't say if it's *the* remedy for your kiddo, but it certainly is used for constipation, so I do wish you luck. Hopefully you will see some changes!
#625 of 864 Old 08-04-2010, 08:48 PM

My success story ~ about two years ago, I had hemrroids that were AWFUL. I already had a consult scheduled with a surgeon to have them removed when someone at MDC suggested Hammelis. I took the first dose in the car and literally felt them disappearing. Two days later, hemmies were GONE, never to return again .

~~Kristina~~ Mama to DS(10/30/01), DD1(VBAC 3/28/04) and DD2(HBAC 5/21/06)
#626 of 864 Old 08-05-2010, 12:30 AM

I've been reading parts of this thread for quite a while. I hope my question has not been asked. Are there any homeopathic remedies for sensitve teeth. I don't know whats wrong with me but for the past few weeks my teeth are very sensitive to hot,cold or anything. Even just sitting here they ache. Its very bothersome. I don't know what has caused it. I have had minor sensitivity in the past but nothing like this. I tried a toothpaste for sensitive teeth which did not help. Went to the dentist and he said I should rinse w fluoride which I don't want to do. Thinking maybe I'm clenching my teeth at night but am not sure. Been taking magnesium to relax the muscles. What could cause this ? something must be wrong but I don't know what. Any homeopathic remedies that might help me? Cell salts? anything?
thanks so much!!
#627 of 864 Old 08-05-2010, 06:21 PM

pb or anyone else do you have contact info for barefootmama? i messaged her and emailed her though mdc a week ago but have not heard back yet, maybe there's a better way to reach her? thanks. -gila
#628 of 864 Old 10-12-2010, 11:53 AM

The baby is due any day. I had contractions last night from 8pm till about 4 am. They were not very painful, but the baby's very active movements and the odd feelings really through me off. I felt chilly and shaky and vulnerable. I honestly didn't expect those feelings. Having DH hold me helped quite a bit. I woke up this morning continuing to feel this way. I feel pretty scared. I decided to try some homeopathy. Aconite was a small yes, but I haven't had any changes. I tried Lyco because of the description, plus I've had a ton of heartburn. I can't say it helped. Sepia also came up as an option, which is my const. remedy, I took it, but am still feeling kind of weepy. Gels seemed like a possibility, but tested no. Only other option is Puls, but that came back no.

I feel so surprised by these feelings. I think of myself as the strong one in my family, able to get through anything, yet, I'm an emotional mess right now.

eta: first two births were pretty traumatic: 72 hour posterior labor, and then breech unwanted c-section.

#629 of 864 Old 10-12-2010, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammo2Sammo View Post
The baby is due any day. I had contractions last night from 8pm till about 4 am. They were not very painful, but the baby's very active movements and the odd feelings really through me off. I felt chilly and shaky and vulnerable. I honestly didn't expect those feelings. Having DH hold me helped quite a bit. I woke up this morning continuing to feel this way. I feel pretty scared. I decided to try some homeopathy. Aconite was a small yes, but I haven't had any changes. I tried Lyco because of the description, plus I've had a ton of heartburn. I can't say it helped. Sepia also came up as an option, which is my const. remedy, I took it, but am still feeling kind of weepy. Gels seemed like a possibility, but tested no. Only other option is Puls, but that came back no.

I feel so surprised by these feelings. I think of myself as the strong one in my family, able to get through anything, yet, I'm an emotional mess right now.
Hugs. What about rescue remedy? Or a flower essence?

Hope it passes soon.

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
#630 of 864 Old 10-12-2010, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chlobo View Post
Hugs. What about rescue remedy? Or a flower essence?

Hope it passes soon.
thanks Chlobo - I will continue with RR. I was thinking about FEs but didn't get any further. thanks.

Tags
Homeopathics , Health Healing

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page