Acute Homeopathy Study Group thread - Page 23 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#661 of 864 Old 11-14-2010, 09:51 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

hmm- that sounds complicated and expensive.  ;)  I can definitely do lots of C though.  I have pascalite too- I usually mix some C and clay in some raw honey a couple times a day to help her clear reactions faster.  Think that would do it?

Mom to DD1 (10/07) and DD2 (3/11)
geek.gif I blog about our life with food allergies and eosinophilic disorders.
#662 of 864 Old 11-14-2010, 10:05 AM

i think it would be a good idea for sure.  For the vitamin C it will be essential to keep blood levels up.  pascalite is amazing, but it's action is fairly limited to the alimentary canal whereas the drainage will help with the cells.  Pascalite would still be a must for me.  Let me see what I can figure out...

#663 of 864 Old 11-14-2010, 10:41 AM
HRJ

Is this a group you 'join'?  I am not too knowledgeable, but we've gone to a homeopath since 1986.  My homoeopath died a few years ago, and now i am looking for a new one.  I have been fairly dependant on a good prescriber.  i do have he Materia Medica and Homeopathic Medicine at Home by Panos (we were her patients from 1986 until she retired). 

My question is - I vaguely remember that herbs can interfere w/ remedies?  I like the Sambucus (elderberry and echinacea) product for my son, but he's also on the preventative anti flu remedies. 

Also, has anyone done a preventative pertussis nosode?  My homeopath would apparently give 1M if exposed.  For some reason he felt the higher dosages were safer than the lower dosages.  My mom is still friends w/ his receptionist.  Pertussis is going around really bad here, and my son is unvaxxed and I'm PG.  Has anyone heard of IsoPlex?  I like that it has pertussinium in it, but it has a whole slew of other rememdies, and I am not a fan of multiple remedies (a nonhomeopath recommended 1 spray a day for pertussis prevention). 

#664 of 864 Old 11-14-2010, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRJ View Post

Also, has anyone done a preventative pertussis nosode?  My homeopath would apparently give 1M if exposed.  For some reason he felt the higher dosages were safer than the lower dosages.  My mom is still friends w/ his receptionist.  Pertussis is going around really bad here, and my son is unvaxxed and I'm PG.  Has anyone heard of IsoPlex?  I like that it has pertussinium in it, but it has a whole slew of other rememdies, and I am not a fan of multiple remedies (a nonhomeopath recommended 1 spray a day for pertussis prevention). 

we were just discussing pertussin as a prophylactic they other day where i'm studying.  for this particular client, my preceptor was going to recommend 3 doses, 1 per month for the next 3 months - i don't recall the potency, but i think it was 200C (just knowing his habits of prescribing).  he also was going to recommend an herbal immune support blend: http://www.planetaryherbals.com/products/GP1793/

Jennifer, Naturopath and mom

#665 of 864 Old 11-14-2010, 04:32 PM

Quote:

Is this a group you 'join'?  I am not too knowledgeable, but we've gone to a homeopath since 1986.  My homoeopath died a few years ago, and now i am looking for a new one.  I have been fairly dependant on a good prescriber.  i do have he Materia Medica and Homeopathic Medicine at Home by Panos (we were her patients from 1986 until she retired). 

I'm so sorry for your loss.  Please feel free to jump in.  I'm sure you have a lot to teach and share!

My question is - I vaguely remember that herbs can interfere w/ remedies?  I like the Sambucus (elderberry and echinacea) product for my son, but he's also on the preventative anti flu remedies. 

I don't really think that herbs interfere....they have a very different mode of action so it can be counterproductive.  Many homeopaths are also herbalists though and use them together with great success.  However in homeopathy there are as many opinions as there are remedies so take it with a grain of salt!  I see herbs as nutritive and use them as such.  I have no issues at all with someone using elderberry along with a remedy.

I did for my kids when I had it.  They didn't get it.  Both dh and I had it and it was not fun....but they all got doses prophylactically and it was perfectly fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluets View Post

we were just discussing pertussin as a prophylactic they other day where i'm studying.  for this particular client, my preceptor was going to recommend 3 doses, 1 per month for the next 3 months - i don't recall the potency, but i think it was 200C (just knowing his habits of prescribing).  he also was going to recommend an herbal immune support blend: http://www.planetaryherbals.com/products/GP1793/

Neat, another person using herbs alongside homeopathy!  They can play so nicely together!

#666 of 864 Old 11-14-2010, 05:01 PM
HRJ

Panserbjorne - Did you use the 200c nosode strength for your kids?  How many dosages?  My integrative medicine ped (that is 'nonvax friendly') wants to put my son on antibiotics if anyone in his class gets it.  Would the antibiotic be bad for the nosode?

Also, does chamomile tea interfere w/ rememdies?  Since there is a chamomile remedy? 

#667 of 864 Old 11-14-2010, 05:36 PM

I did use the 200C for them, daily.

I would look at the remedy relationships and be hesitant to use chamomile only if there was an interaction with the remedy in question.  Even then I don't think I'd pay too much attention-but if it wasn't working I'd wonder about the herb.

I don't believe abx "react" with remedies.  They are complementary.  I think that they can alter the picture for sure and make it harder to prescribe.  That said for lyme I give ledum alongside abx for people that want to go that route and have had good luck *when it's caught very early.*

Is there a reason you'd go to abx prophylactically?  I don't know your history (or that of your child.)

#668 of 864 Old 11-15-2010, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panserbjorne View Post

Neat, another person using herbs alongside homeopathy!  They can play so nicely together!

my preceptor is a classically trained DO and an ND, but doesn't have DO privileges here in the US.  he also has some sort of DHom from the UK also.  he's mostly teaching me naturopathic manipulation (with an osteopathic twist to it), CST, and homeopathy, but because he's got a very general practice, we review a lot of other cases (e.g., diet, nutrition).  we actually use very little in the way of herbs, but his guiding principle for herbs/supplements is that he uses what he would either take himself (he does self-experimentation) or what he would give his kids.

we find that homeopathy complements bodywork very well - and we use it often with our acute bodywork cases.  on the other hand, we have a few clients who come in for homeopathy who are not at a point where they would accept bodywork.  however, with time, they end up moving to a place (a deeper level of trust perhaps) where they do become receptive to the idea of bodywork.  in the end these modalities all address the same thing: giving the body back to itself.

Jennifer, Naturopath and mom

#669 of 864 Old 11-15-2010, 12:40 PM

newborn baby girl's bellybutton is bleeding a bit.  I would love some feedback from the holistic mamas here.

thank!

http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/1279571/light-bleeding-from-newborn-s-bellybutton#post_16047671

Children deserve the respect of puzzling it out.
#670 of 864 Old 11-15-2010, 03:53 PM

Panser - emailed you about doing a consult.  Baby has DH's illness and I;m feeling stuck

#671 of 864 Old 11-15-2010, 07:00 PM

emailed you!

#672 of 864 Old 11-15-2010, 07:42 PM

Quote:

emailed you!

thanks! got it.

#673 of 864 Old 11-16-2010, 08:25 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

A small update on DS, as suggested, I had been giving him the homeopathic remedies prior to the surgery. He was a trooper, very brave, the surgery took over an hour as the tooth was growing in the gum and the roots had grown around the roots of one of his center front teeth. I elected to go with nitrous oxide over a GA. He was visibly upset when I went in after it was complete, so gave him some Zeta Cigny elixir (Zeta Cigny is a rescue remedy made from starlight and is generally more potent than Bach's RR), I told the dental assistant it was RR, I don't think she would have comprehended I was giving him an essence of starlight! As soon as we got into the car I gave him arnica, I only had 30c with me. When we got home all he wanted to do was crawl into bed and sleep for a bit. I did give him an elixir made of all the elements from DH's Vibration of the Month Club -- PB knows what I am talking about (!) which has proved to be a great essence for pain relief. I also also had him ice his mouth. A bit later I gave him Arnica 200c and later in the evening he felt a little nauseous so I gave him some Nux 30c (again all I had on hand). So far he hadn't needed any pharmaceutical pain relief, as he really wasn't in pain. The dentist actually called me and was shocked I hadn't given him any pain meds and urged me to do so, but DS wasn't in any pain. He slept (with me) through the night in case he needed pain relief, but he didn't. This morning he is still pretty swollen, gave more 200c Arnica but that has been it. He is full of energy and is happily doing his homework. He has eaten a smoothie made with raw kefir, cream, honey and three eggs.

I am very pleased with how he is progressing. Thanks for the suggestions.

Rainbow.giftstillheart.gifsmile.gif

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

#674 of 864 Old 11-16-2010, 10:13 AM

so glad to get the update!  Hooray for your little one!  And I have to say I have never yet found a situation in which RR helped when there was pain involved.  I have used Zeta Cygni and emergency essence from the australian line and seen much greater relief.  But as you said....people are more familiar with it!

#675 of 864 Old 11-16-2010, 10:19 AM
HRJ

I guess my ped feels that if my son were exposed to whooping cough, the antibiotics might help protect him from the bacteria/illness. 

What is the feeling on doing prophalatic pertussis nosode for a newborn.  WC is really bad where I live right now - per capita as bad as California, and I'm due March 2. 

Do you recommend the prophalatic pertussis for a 5 yr old just if exposed or once monthly during this season? 

Quote:

I did use the 200C for them, daily.

I would look at the remedy relationships and be hesitant to use chamomile only if there was an interaction with the remedy in question.  Even then I don't think I'd pay too much attention-but if it wasn't working I'd wonder about the herb.

I don't believe abx "react" with remedies.  They are complementary.  I think that they can alter the picture for sure and make it harder to prescribe.  That said for lyme I give ledum alongside abx for people that want to go that route and have had good luck *when it's caught very early.*

Is there a reason you'd go to abx prophylactically?  I don't know your history (or that of your child.)

#676 of 864 Old 11-16-2010, 05:39 PM

Quote:

I guess my ped feels that if my son were exposed to whooping cough, the antibiotics might help protect him from the bacteria/illness. 

What is the feeling on doing prophalatic pertussis nosode for a newborn.  WC is really bad where I live right now - per capita as bad as California, and I'm due March 2. 

Do you recommend the prophalatic pertussis for a 5 yr old just if exposed or once monthly during this season? 

okay.  SO here's a great subject.  What do you see homeopathy as doing?  What do you believe about health and wellness?  What do antibiotics do vs. the remedies?  What does he need protection from?  I'm not picking on you at all-just trying to spark a conversation!

I might consider the nosode for an infant if there was known exposure.  I'm not huge on prophylaxis and the best answer is that an infant shouldn't be susceptible-but that's no longer the case.

I think I'd do once a month unless there was a clear and confirmed exposure.

#677 of 864 Old 11-16-2010, 06:44 PM
HRJ

I guess if the antibiotic wouldn't 'undo' a remedy, I would do both just to cover all my bases?

Also, if my 5 yr old were exposed, do you think you'd bump up to 1M nosode versus the 200C?

Quote:

Quote:

okay.  SO here's a great subject.  What do you see homeopathy as doing?  What do you believe about health and wellness?  What do antibiotics do vs. the remedies?  What does he need protection from?  I'm not picking on you at all-just trying to spark a conversation!

I might consider the nosode for an infant if there was known exposure.  I'm not huge on prophylaxis and the best answer is that an infant shouldn't be susceptible-but that's no longer the case.

I think I'd do once a month unless there was a clear and confirmed exposure.

#678 of 864 Old 11-16-2010, 07:18 PM

i decided to get a high potency remedy - 1M arnica.   Since it will be a mail order, i thought I should get a couple fo other things.  Any recs?  I have the 100 remedy case.  I have ledum 1M

how about aconite 1m?
I'm having a heck of a time getting rid of my 4 year olde cough. He responds well to hepar sulph 30c with the cough now and past illnesses - so hephar sulph 200c?

#679 of 864 Old 11-16-2010, 07:19 PM

Quote:

I guess if the antibiotic wouldn't 'undo' a remedy, I would do both just to cover all my bases?

Kind of OT.... but antibiotics can do ALL sorts of damage to your body (especially in an infant) by messing up your gut flora, and thereby throwing off your entire immune system.  So using them prophylactic-ly, imo, is a BAD idea.  Homeopathics, on the other hand, aren't going to damage your body if you take them when not needed.  Not that I'm promoting using them as a prophylactic either, but if you really feel like you need something "just in case", I would pick the homeopathics any day.

#680 of 864 Old 11-17-2010, 10:43 AM

You guys.... happytears.gif  To PB and my mystery friend - I just got this fantastic box in the mail with all this post-op stuff!  I was expecting one remedy, and I have cell salts, a FE, AND a remedy!!  You guys do too much for me.  Thanks for being you.  luxlove.gif   I'm sure this stuff will make a world of difference for DD.  I will keep you updated!

#681 of 864 Old 11-17-2010, 01:15 PM

hopefully two remedies!  and we love you, mama.  there's also something else that will be on it's way shortly.

#682 of 864 Old 11-17-2010, 01:18 PM

Quote:

Also, if my 5 yr old were exposed, do you think you'd bump up to 1M nosode versus the 200C?

nope, I'd only do that if he actually had pertussis, personally.

And the abx won't undo a remedy...but what WILL it do?  Again, just to explore the situation, are there any risks to antibiotics?  What do they do in the body?  Are there any risks to not allowing the body to work through exposure?  Are there any benefits?

#683 of 864 Old 11-17-2010, 01:36 PM

Quote:

hopefully two remedies!  and we love you, mama.  there's also something else that will be on it's way shortly.

Oh yes- I didn't realize the echinacea was a remedy at first.  :)  And more?!?!   You guys have some kickass karma coming your way for sure - you're amazing.  

#684 of 864 Old 11-17-2010, 02:45 PM
HRJ

You would only do the 1M if he had pertussis versus if he were exposed?  If he were exposed, you would just keep at the 200C?  there seems to be so many varying opinions on dosages.  My deceased homeopath apparently felt that the higher 1M dosages are safer than the smaller dosages (which I don't get and I can't ask him).  He did 1M if exposed.

Quote:

Quote:

nope, I'd only do that if he actually had pertussis, personally.

And the abx won't undo a remedy...but what WILL it do?  Again, just to explore the situation, are there any risks to antibiotics?  What do they do in the body?  Are there any risks to not allowing the body to work through exposure?  Are there any benefits?

#685 of 864 Old 11-17-2010, 02:53 PM

as I've said before there are as many different opinions as there are practitioners.  I'm not understanding the safety issue at all.  I use 1m or 10m if there is a current or past infection after which they never recovered.  200c for prevention.  1m is a high dose and for me only used if the body is actively working against something.  200c is still high, but moderate high.  That for me is fine for prevention because it's not as much of a push. 

#686 of 864 Old 11-17-2010, 05:43 PM
HRJ

So how do 3 dosages of 200C compare to 1 dose of 1M?  Is it still less? 

Quote:

as I've said before there are as many different opinions as there are practitioners.  I'm not understanding the safety issue at all.  I use 1m or 10m if there is a current or past infection after which they never recovered.  200c for prevention.  1m is a high dose and for me only used if the body is actively working against something.  200c is still high, but moderate high.  That for me is fine for prevention because it's not as much of a push. 

#687 of 864 Old 11-17-2010, 05:44 PM

it's different...you can't really compare.

#688 of 864 Old 11-18-2010, 11:23 AM

DH is up and walking around.  It was a very tough flu.  thank you for your help Panserbjorne. :)

#689 of 864 Old 11-18-2010, 05:09 PM

you are more than welcome.  It's a bad one.  Probably the worst I have seen.  However, thank goodness for homeopathy!

#690 of 864 Old 11-18-2010, 05:31 PM

I just wanted to post a quick update- DD had the scopes done this morning, and she did really great through the whole thing.  She was pretty loopy from the anesthetic for a while, but otherwise she's been in great spirits.  We've been doing all your post-op suggestions PB, and it looks like it's going well!  She's running around in circles now and eating everything in site.  :)

We have to wait 7-10 days for the biopsies and pancreatic stimulation test, but the GI doc did see signs of esophagitis and now wants her on prevacid.  He also wants her on mirilax because she still had poo in her large intestine even after 2 doses of the pre-procedure laxative last night.  I'm not making any treatment decisions until after we get all the results back, but I'm fairly certain that I don't want to do prevacid (and I think the miralax is totally unnecessary.  She had pooped about 10 times since Monday, and his argument was that she was constipated.) 

Anyway.... any specific remedies that I should look at with the initial diagnosis of esophagitis (I'm assuming this means some sort of silent reflux or something)?

eta:  Amy- I'm so glad to hear that your DH is feeling better.  I hope you get to have at least a little bit of babymoon together with him before he has to go back to work.

Tags
Homeopathics , Health Healing

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page