Acute Homeopathy Study Group thread - Page 25 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#721 of 864 Old 11-22-2010, 06:46 PM
HRJ

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Which is better when using influenzium for prevention - 30C, 3 pills every 2 weeks OR 200C, 3 pills once a month? 

#722 of 864 Old 11-22-2010, 07:23 PM

cant write much now -but thak you thank you Panser

I saw you writing abt the laser guy in dental i will check him out.  he is in albany?right  not far for me

Children deserve the respect of puzzling it out.
#723 of 864 Old 11-22-2010, 08:29 PM

Any suggestions for a sinus infection?  :(  I've been fighting something off and on for a couple weeks, but tonight it really hit me hard.  I have a fever, major snot in the back of my sinuses/throat (but my nose is clear), tons of drainage with a metallic taste, my throat is raw and tight when I open my mouth wide, sneezing, and my upper neck/behind my ears is sore (like muscle ache kind of sore)....  eta: no appetite, cold feels good on my throat (I just ate some ice cream.  I know, I know... not the best choice probably), really thirsty all day.  I think that's it.  :P  Going to bed now...  Nope- I just realized that my neck, all the way around (but especially sides and back), is sore to the touch.

I had 2 sinus infections when I was pregnant with DD, and took abx both times.  I haven't had any abx since her birth, and I am resolved to make it through this pregnancy without any!!!  But man, sinus infections can really knock me on my butt.

Mom to DD1 (10/07) and DD2 (3/11)
geek.gif I blog about our life with food allergies and eosinophilic disorders.
#724 of 864 Old 11-22-2010, 09:17 PM

I need to seriously read through this thread and take some notes! LOL

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

#725 of 864 Old 11-24-2010, 01:48 PM

OT, but since we were talking about it here... what are the chances of having a weird reaction to slippery elm powder?  I gave DD some for the first time today before lunch, and pretty soon she was naked and bouncing off the walls.  :scratch  Also- is before meals a good idea, or does it make any difference when you take it?

#726 of 864 Old 12-03-2010, 04:20 AM

Where did I read about the new lyme test that tests for current and past exposure?  The one Panser mentioned to me.

I'm going to my MD today and want to talk to him about it.

#727 of 864 Old 12-03-2010, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireWithin View Post

Where did I read about the new lyme test that tests for current and past exposure?  The one Panser mentioned to me.

I'm going to my MD today and want to talk to him about it.

I don't know, but let us know if you find it!! I'd love to get tested sometime too...

#728 of 864 Old 12-03-2010, 10:34 AM

it's by neuroscience.  My Lyme Immune ID.

#729 of 864 Old 12-03-2010, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRJ View Post

Which is better when using influenzium for prevention - 30C, 3 pills every 2 weeks OR 200C, 3 pills once a month? 

I see that nobody responded.  I'd be cautious about using it too often - you don't want to prove the remedy.  

But, there's always another approach... for flu, we use elderberry syrup and we take high vit A/D cod liver oil prophylactically (indeed, we just take CLO all year).

Paul Bergner just wrote in an herbal mailing list that if everyone were taking 4000-10000IU of vit D per day through the winter especially, we'd see a huge change in oncological procedures, many fewer hospitalizations, and fewer illness overall.  He remarked that an MD colleague started doing vit D testing on ALL 300 of her patients, and only 2 were at "lab test" normal.  By supplementing them at 4000IU, over the course of a year, she was able to reduce hospitalizations by 75%.

However, if you are really set on homeopathy, to avoid doing a proving, why not instead make sure you've got a broad enough selection of remedies at home already and use them if you come down with something?  If you've got Baptisia, Gelsemium, Aconite, Belladonna, perhaps Ferr phos, you'd probably be well equipped for the onset, in addition to your regular remedies you might use.

Jennifer, Naturopath and mom

#730 of 864 Old 12-04-2010, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluets View Post

Paul Bergner just wrote in an herbal mailing list that if everyone were taking 4000-10000IU of vit D per day through the winter especially, we'd see a huge change in oncological procedures, many fewer hospitalizations, and fewer illness overall.  He remarked that an MD colleague started doing vit D testing on ALL 300 of her patients, and only 2 were at "lab test" normal.  By supplementing them at 4000IU, over the course of a year, she was able to reduce hospitalizations by 75%.

However, if you are really set on homeopathy, to avoid doing a proving, why not instead make sure you've got a broad enough selection of remedies at home already and use them if you come down with something?  If you've got Baptisia, Gelsemium, Aconite, Belladonna, perhaps Ferr phos, you'd probably be well equipped for the onset, in addition to your regular remedies you might use.

yes, to this.  all of it.  I don't really worry about the proving as I've not seen it happen dosing in this way, but unless there's an actual infection in the house or someplace where you are exposed for certain I just don't tend to do the prophylaxis thing.  I did it for my kids when dh and I had pertussis, but there was no escaping us for them!  I've not even really done it for the flu-I just treat as symptoms arise and have had great luck with that.

And although it's a homeopathy thread, Hahnemann was very clear that homeopathy was most effective when the person had a solid nutritional base.  From my perspective most are deficient in vitamin D so I don't see it as megadosing, but more as replenishing stores so that we are where we should be.

#731 of 864 Old 12-04-2010, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by changingseasons View Post

Any suggestions for a sinus infection?  :(  I've been fighting something off and on for a couple weeks, but tonight it really hit me hard.  I have a fever, major snot in the back of my sinuses/throat (but my nose is clear), tons of drainage with a metallic taste, my throat is raw and tight when I open my mouth wide, sneezing, and my upper neck/behind my ears is sore (like muscle ache kind of sore)....  eta: no appetite, cold feels good on my throat (I just ate some ice cream.  I know, I know... not the best choice probably), really thirsty all day.  I think that's it.  :P  Going to bed now...  Nope- I just realized that my neck, all the way around (but especially sides and back), is sore to the touch.

I had 2 sinus infections when I was pregnant with DD, and took abx both times.  I haven't had any abx since her birth, and I am resolved to make it through this pregnancy without any!!!  But man, sinus infections can really knock me on my butt.

wow, reading back and realizing I missed a bunch of posts.  how are you now?!

#732 of 864 Old 12-04-2010, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panserbjorne View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by changingseasons View Post

wow, reading back and realizing I missed a bunch of posts.  how are you now?!

Good! It took a while, but it's pretty much gone now. Now I'm just back to the regular pregnancy stuffiness. smile.gif But I'm thrilled that I made it through a sinus infection with NO DRUGS!! (This is a first for me. redface.gif)

#733 of 864 Old 12-04-2010, 11:09 AM

that is fantastic!!!

#734 of 864 Old 12-05-2010, 09:52 AM

So DS is taking a remedy but he chews the pills.  Do you think chewing the pills is a problem?  I only ask because its been two weeks and we've had no improvement, if anything its a little worse.  

Does chewing make a difference?

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
#735 of 864 Old 12-05-2010, 10:31 AM

Chlobo - my boys chomp on their poppyseed size pills.  i can't imagine it being a difference. 

#736 of 864 Old 12-05-2010, 01:33 PM

or dissolve it in water...

#737 of 864 Old 12-06-2010, 12:15 PM

Hi everyone!

I've subscribed to this thread and would like to join it.

I've been successfully using homeopathy for few years, lately really getting into it.

For the past few days I've been giving DS Cina and Santoninum for the worms. I've also eliminated gluten, dairy, eggs and fruit from his diet.

Yesterday DS started getting cranky and very irritable and this morning I've noticed lots of tiny white things in his poop, I have no way of knowing for sure without the lab test but IMO they look like pinworms. I'm so relieved to see worms finally coming out of his little body.

Elizabeth, I'll keep posting here to keep you informed, thanks again for your help smile.gif

Joanna WAHM to DS 10/2007
You must be the change you wish to see - Ghandi
#738 of 864 Old 12-06-2010, 03:33 PM

excellent and happy to hear it!

#739 of 864 Old 12-10-2010, 07:23 AM

Is oscillo ever used for anything other than viruses? 

Baby girl has been reacting to my food reactions (appears that avocados are not good for me right now), but she hadn't been improving.  I got sick yesterday with what my mom had swollen throat/aches.  I was able to work through it with oscillo and ferr phos and am feeling much better.  Baby girl didn't feel well last night and is burning through oscillo.  She is napping now on me.

Ugh.  DS2 just broke my brand new 1 day old pendulum while I wrote the above.  heartbroken.

Eta: she is def. Sick. I can see it in her eyes. Also my breasts are really full and sore. I don't think she is draining them well. My throat has been sore and swollen. Merc V. Tested yes. She in unusually gassy - is that part of the Merc V picture? Or maybe that's a food reaction.

#740 of 864 Old 12-10-2010, 07:30 AM

sale alert!  but only until Dec 12!  http://www.homeopathyworks.com/jshop/product.php?xProd=510

#741 of 864 Old 12-10-2010, 04:13 PM

why is Merc V not in my MM?  I have the Boericke's.

There are other Merc but not V.

Baby girl has moved from lots of gas to diarrhea (well is diarrhea different than newborn baby poop?? - my mom thinks so).  She still is having lots of wet diapers, so I'm not worried. 

#742 of 864 Old 12-10-2010, 05:02 PM

Quote:

I infer Merc V is in Boericke as Mercurius solubilis (the first Merc. you encounter in Boericke).  BTW, Boericke's Materia medica is much more eclectic/physiomedicalistic than naturopathic.  Robin Murphy compiled a Repertory and a Materia Medica that are very naturopathic.  Still on my wish list but I have access to them at the clinic - they are much much more readable than Boericke.  Also much more pricey than Boericke.

#743 of 864 Old 12-10-2010, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluets View Post

Quote:

I infer Merc V is in Boericke as Mercurius solubilis (the first Merc. you encounter in Boericke).  BTW, Boericke's Materia medica is much more eclectic/physiomedicalistic than naturopathic.  Robin Murphy compiled a Repertory and a Materia Medica that are very naturopathic.  Still on my wish list but I have access to them at the clinic - they are much much more readable than Boericke.  Also much more pricey than Boericke.

yup.  to both.  I'd not part with Murphy's MM and rep for all the money in the world.  I have two of each...one at home and one in my office.  Best out there IMHO.  That and Prisma....but that's a wee bit different.  It is my second favorite MM.

#744 of 864 Old 12-10-2010, 06:46 PM

Thanks Bluets.
I do have a hard time getting B mm, meaning fully accessing the info. It is good to know Murphy's is out there. I remember Panser recommending Murphy but acknowledging it was expensive.
My next goal is a 200c kit. I saw your link bluets about the kit.
I really want a 100 count one though. I want to consider another maker. I need to go back and see which ones are recommended. It is definitely time for me though. I starting to feel restricted with just my 100 remedy kit. Although it has worked wonders for me this past month and a half.

#745 of 864 Old 12-11-2010, 04:37 AM

Bengal Allen.  You can order through Natural-Living.com from the US-I think I have that right.  I'll double check.  A 300 remedy kit (on either 6c, 30c or 200c) is around $235 and there is SIGNIFICANTLY more remedy in it per dram than from WHP.  Each remedy is 2 drams as opposed to half dram and the pillules are even smaller.  HIgher quality IMHO as well.

#746 of 864 Old 12-11-2010, 07:14 AM

I heard/read that one could put together an herbal materia medica with just a dozen or so herbs - likely the ones in your immediate vicinity.  Could you identify your local herbs and then use the corresponding homeopathic remedies instead? 

#747 of 864 Old 12-11-2010, 07:28 AM

that's an interesting question.  I don't know.  With flowers and herbs, no question....but I'm not really sure about remedies.  That would be a cool thesis!

#748 of 864 Old 12-11-2010, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panserbjorne View Post

that's an interesting question.  I don't know.  With flowers and herbs, no question....but I'm not really sure about remedies.  That would be a cool thesis!

it would also eliminate the need to have every remedy under the sun... but it would mean really knowing 12 or so plants.... and then, according to my mentor, sometimes it is helpful to switch to minerals or animals.  maybe 12 of each would be better...  hrm will have to ponder this some more...

#749 of 864 Old 12-11-2010, 09:09 AM

yup, and then it would deprive me of my constitutional remedy which I would NOT be happy about!  (Neither would anyone around me!)

#750 of 864 Old 12-11-2010, 11:05 AM

Flying the white flag here.  We have had a stressful week for a few reasons but at the end of it both kids are now sick.

DD had a fever for the last two nights (not during the day).  I gave her Belladona the first night b/c she was very flushed.  Last night the fever came on in the middle of the night so I didn't know (DH told me this AM).  She has also woken up both nights in quite a fright saying "everything is moving too fast".  I don't know if it was a dream or if she was dizzy or what.  But she was very frightened by it.  Now she has a lot of congestion & a sporadic but crappy sounding cough.

DS, who we have been treating for Strep A & enlarged adenoids via homeopathy & some other stuff is now *completely* congested.  He cannot breath through his nose at all.  We took him to the chiro yesterday & he said his nodes aren't as swollen as they were previously but he is still totally blocked in his sinus' and I'm imagining his adenoids are probably touching each other, which means the other treatment isn't working.  Besides this he has the most horrible sounding junky cough.  Sort of sounds like bronchitis to me and its keeping him from getting a good night sleep (well that and the blocked nose thing).  At times he coughs a lot, other times not so much.

Does anyone have any advice for me?  I've been on a jury all week and haven't had time to even look anything up (other than the belladona).

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple

Tags
Homeopathics , Health Healing

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page