Acute Homeopathy Study Group thread - Page 29 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#841 of 864 Old 01-29-2011, 10:45 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Oh for crying out loud.  Now DS is sick.  He's 3.5.  He says he has a headache & his legs ache.  He has a fever that came on suddenly and sort of glassy eyes.  Any thoughts?  I gave some belladonna & now I'm off to search for something else.

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
#842 of 864 Old 01-29-2011, 10:58 AM

I'd probably start with aconite for a remedy and follow with ferrum phos, calc phos and mag phos cell salts.  Feel better, munchkin!

#843 of 864 Old 01-29-2011, 11:30 AM

Will do.  I have all that on hand.

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
#844 of 864 Old 01-29-2011, 03:27 PM

Poor guy.  I've kept up the cell salts.  He seems to really enjoy those.  

He's still feverish and now he says the back of his head/neck hurts.  And he's crying.  Poor guy.

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
#845 of 864 Old 01-29-2011, 03:59 PM

how feverish?  can he bend his neck fairly easily?  what else is going on?  how often are you doing the aconite?

#846 of 864 Old 01-29-2011, 04:46 PM

I had been doing aconite every 15-30 min.  I let him self administer the cell salts.

He said his head/neck hurt when he tried to poop but he is able to look up and to put his chin to his chest.  He is not vomiting & has no rash.  He said he just feels crappy. Very uncomfortable.  Fever is about 102.

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
#847 of 864 Old 01-29-2011, 06:29 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

get him in the bathtub.  as hot a bath as he can handle for 10-20 minutes.  then dry him off, bundle him up, then get some cold water on his hands and face.  then into bed.

Jennifer, Naturopath and mom

#848 of 864 Old 01-29-2011, 06:41 PM

I'll try that tomorrow.  He refused to go in the bath tonight.  And then while my DH was holding him he fell asleep.  We didn't have the heart to wake him.

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
#849 of 864 Old 01-30-2011, 05:47 AM

try it only if his fever hasn't broken.  hot (within reason) bath is a great way to break a fever.

Jennifer, Naturopath and mom

#850 of 864 Old 01-30-2011, 06:05 AM

It seems to be cycling up and down.  Right now it isn't so bad.  But he's very tired.  Poor guy.  Time to disinfect the house.  But how?

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
#851 of 864 Old 02-01-2011, 03:43 PM

PB I have a question for you again. I have mercury issues and I've been taking Mercurius V 6C for a while, now I'm taking 30C every hour (I'm on 3 week raw vegan diet, which is probably speeding up the detox and that is why I need 30C?), pendulum says I need Merc V 10M but at the moment 6X will be better. Do you know why? Merc V 6X is not a cell salt, so I'm wondering why would I need it? Also, will Merc V 10M down the road help with the detox? I think I'm missing something, hope you can help clarify this for me.

Joanna WAHM to DS 10/2007
You must be the change you wish to see - Ghandi
#852 of 864 Old 02-01-2011, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joanna0707 View Post

PB I have a question for you again. I have mercury issues and I've been taking Mercurius V 6C for a while, now I'm taking 30C every hour (I'm on 3 week raw vegan diet, which is probably speeding up the detox and that is why I need 30C?), pendulum says I need Merc V 10M but at the moment 6X will be better. Do you know why? Merc V 6X is not a cell salt, so I'm wondering why would I need it? Also, will Merc V 10M down the road help with the detox? I think I'm missing something, hope you can help clarify this for me.

IME low potencies are excellent to use as "chelation."  I tend to prefer using nothing higher than a 7c for that purpose, but generally the lower the better.  I tend to use 5c, which is sort of equivalent to (in material) to 10x.  I have seen cases where 6x is preferable.  Then I'd guess that the 10m would clean up the damage done by the mercury.  I have done this with arsenic, tin, lead, mercury and antimony for my dh, actually.  Not all together!

#853 of 864 Old 02-01-2011, 04:07 PM

I've wonderedaout how to use remedies in that way. The boys and I are mercury toxic, plus arsenic, antimony and aluminum. Although I am hugely concerned about mercury, I know that the arsenic and antimony are preventing adequate magnesium absorption and I would lice to rectify this.
Could I be considering for my boys? What should I be thinking about.
I've known about our issues for a coupe of years and have put them on the backburner.

Children deserve the respect of puzzling it out.
#854 of 864 Old 02-01-2011, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panserbjorne View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by joanna0707 View Post

IME low potencies are excellent to use as "chelation."  I tend to prefer using nothing higher than a 7c for that purpose, but generally the lower the better.  I tend to use 5c, which is sort of equivalent to (in material) to 10x.  I have seen cases where 6x is preferable.  Then I'd guess that the 10m would clean up the damage done by the mercury.  I have done this with arsenic, tin, lead, mercury and antimony for my dh, actually.  Not all together!

Thanks a lot!

I have tested Merc V 5C and it is better than 6X

#855 of 864 Old 02-02-2011, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panserbjorne View Post

I have done this with arsenic, tin, lead, mercury and antimony for my dh, actually.  

Just curious, which remedies correspond to arsenic, tin, lead and antimony?

#856 of 864 Old 02-02-2011, 10:01 AM

arsenicum, stannum, plumbum and antimonium.

#857 of 864 Old 02-02-2011, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireWithin View Post

I've wonderedaout how to use remedies in that way. The boys and I are mercury toxic, plus arsenic, antimony and aluminum. Although I am hugely concerned about mercury, I know that the arsenic and antimony are preventing adequate magnesium absorption and I would lice to rectify this.
Could I be considering for my boys? What should I be thinking about.
I've known about our issues for a coupe of years and have put them on the backburner.

you can.  it's tricky and you need to know your biochem.  As with many homeopathics it can shake things up.  the benefit to "chelating" this way, is if there are adverse side affects then you simply stop the remedy.  You won't derange anything. 

#858 of 864 Old 02-02-2011, 02:45 PM

PB did you get my message?

I need few remedies and would like to get them from you

#859 of 864 Old 02-02-2011, 05:56 PM

chlobo~ I am just starting to read this thread, but started reading the last page before realizing that I was on the last page... Sigh, I'm too tired to do this tonihgt. Anyway, for what it's worth, since I don't know if your ds has a virus and if by "disinfecting" you meant keep others from getting the virus, I read once that lemon essential oil is good for that. If you diffuse lemon essential oil in a room inhabited by a sick person the lemon oil will kill the virus in the air and prevent others from catching it. I really don't know if it's true of not, but thought I'd throw that out there.

FAs, co-sleeping, babywearing, extended nursing, positive parenting, homeschooler

#860 of 864 Old 03-09-2011, 09:56 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)

I thought I would post this interesting (to me at least) five case study on rabies vax and mental health in humans. I realize few people get rabies shots in the US, but our animals are required by law to get it at the minimum every three years and many states still require annual rabies vaccination. It really baffles me why animal trainers and behaviorists never associate aberrant behavior with vaccinosis.

Anti Rabies Vaccination and Mental Health

Quote:

One such pattern is perceived in cases with a history of anti rabies vaccination [or bite of a dog that has been vaccinated]. It is the intention of this article to show the long term effects on the mental health of such people. Of course we all are aware of the effects of rabies virus in a full blown picture of the disease but it is not such an extreme that is spoken of here, instead, it is the subtle level changes in the higher levels of the being that alter the quality of emotions and thinking.

I believe this applies not just to the rabies vax, but all vaxes, and I believe it shows that homeopathy can be a very useful tool in helping a person (or animal) recover from subtle (or not so subtle) vaccine damage.

Rainbow.giftstillheart.gifsmile.gif

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

#861 of 864 Old 03-15-2011, 09:03 AM

i havent made it all the way thru this thread yet, but i'm wondering if you've talked about allergies (pollen, not food) and treating acutely? my family had been in the habit of popping one of the boiron bluetube for allergies (histaminum hydrochloricum), but as i learn more, i wonder if that's the best approach...? we have a couple allergy times here, fairly short but quite intense-- one's about on us now... the other will be later in the summer, after the rains. i've managed in the past to be mainly fine with local raw honey, but... ahem, certain members of my family are less... diligent..... ;-) 

#862 of 864 Old 03-15-2011, 09:55 AM

for acute situations that's fine.  from a classical perspective you'd do better to find the remedy that covers the picture which would reduce the symptoms over time.  the other option is isopathy (getting the offending substance in potency kinda like homeopathic allergy shots) which works quite well for many people.

#863 of 864 Old 03-16-2011, 07:26 AM

right, that's what i was thinking. the honey does work wonderfully well here, since most of the offending pollen is "native/local"... but that only helps if you take it, lol. 

these allergies are really so mild, that it's not worth, imo, doing "much" about them.... but you know i love the notion of addressing the whole picture.... ;-) i'll be interested to see if what dh is doing with cell salts will help. 

#864 of 864 Old 09-25-2011, 01:55 PM

Hello, sorry to invade your thread, but I'm wondering if anyone knows of a homeopathic remedy for overactive letdown. I was seeing a homeopathic doctor, but he moved to Oregon! greensad.gif

Haven't read through this incredibly long thread, but I plan on doing so soon. It's hard with a newborn.

ETA: wow.. I didn't realize how old this thread is! I hope I can still get some suggestions.

Wife to - Mama to DS 6/08 and DS 9/11

Tags
Homeopathics , Health Healing

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page