Acute Homeopathy Study Group thread - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 864 Old 11-22-2009, 09:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'd probably do pulsatilla if I had it on hand. Hope she feels better soon!
#242 of 864 Old 11-23-2009, 12:20 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaG View Post
Homeopathy was something I thought I probably should get a kit and a book to have on hand, just in case Well just in case has arrived and I have neither
and for a sick little one. No help from me, I am so a newbie, but I'm in the same boat (except the kids seem stable and I _think_ I know what I'm dealing with now, so we're ok).
#243 of 864 Old 11-23-2009, 01:17 AM

Thanks PB - hopefully tonight goes relatively smoothly. If not, I'll make the trip to the health food store to get some. She's sleeping at the moment, although she's back in the swing, too stuffy to fall asleep lying flat.

Tanya - glad to hear the kids are stable Hope WHP gets their kits up soon. Ordered my book from Amazon in the meantime.

You know, it's too bad some sort of basic natural healing course isn't taught in school - it'd be doing me a heck of a lot more good right now than Algebra 2 ever did Although, I probably wouldn't have found "how to take care of your sick baby" very relevant back then

Lisa , married to Dan, mama to IVF miracle Natalie 5/20/09 :
#244 of 864 Old 11-23-2009, 10:51 AM

My boys woke up last night with sore throats. I have it this morning. We are achey and icky. The pendulum says Lach and Cal P. I can't say they are working wonders but I'm wondering if I should up the frequency also I am realizing I'm not addressing the aches that would help.
My mom semi dropped my homeopathy book in her bath last night. She was drying it in her room last night, so I didn't have access to it. My cheat sheet seemed to work ok

I've been reaaly wanting to expand my remedies. I will do it at the first of the year. I'm not sure if I want to increase my 30c vials or add a bunch of 200c. Fun to ponder.

Children deserve the respect of puzzling it out.
#245 of 864 Old 11-23-2009, 10:55 AM

another option:
http://www.natural-living.com/homeopathic.php

Vials are twice the size of WHP and excellent quality. Not as portable though.
#246 of 864 Old 11-23-2009, 11:06 AM

I would like to make my own travel kit from WH. The other ones look great. I am thinking The ones you just posted would mostly stay at home. Smile.

My mom is visiting and rolling out my cut out cookies while I cuddle in bed. I am feeling blessed.

#247 of 864 Old 11-23-2009, 12:05 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
PB--in case *my* email doesn't go through, I just got an email from you this morning. But since all of you (here and other threads) beat me over the head with the pertussis possibility, I really considered it and that's a possibility, which is a relief, because I have a plan, and DD didn't throw up at all yesterday.
#248 of 864 Old 11-23-2009, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panserbjørne View Post
another option:

They say this can take 4-6 weeks to receive - does WHP take as long? Wish I knew when WHP was really going to be back with their kits.

#249 of 864 Old 11-23-2009, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanyaLopez View Post
PB--in case *my* email doesn't go through, I just got an email from you this morning. But since all of you (here and other threads) beat me over the head with the pertussis possibility, I really considered it and that's a possibility, which is a relief, because I have a plan, and DD didn't throw up at all yesterday.
excellent! You still may want to think about upping the ipecac which would make a lot of sense. That would allow it to break through where the 30C failed. I'm so glad the vitamin C is making a difference!
#250 of 864 Old 11-23-2009, 01:19 PM

Quote:
They say this can take 4-6 weeks to receive - does WHP take as long? Wish I knew when WHP was really going to be back with their kits.
no. When they are unencumbered they usually ship out immediately and you receive them within a week. They are pricier, contain less product, but the portability of the kits can't be beat. The top 100 kit also contains a few 200C remedies. That's a nice feature and has come in handy more than once (just last weekend at a family event, in fact. That kit is always in my bag.
#251 of 864 Old 11-23-2009, 02:27 PM

a belated thanks to Panserbjorne for responding to my question!
#252 of 864 Old 11-23-2009, 03:22 PM

My homeopath recommended the home remedy kit from here: http://www.dataroad.net/cgi-bin/star..._aid_kits.html

I ordered it last week and received it in 1-2 days.
#253 of 864 Old 11-23-2009, 03:47 PM

Ok, so total newbie question - how do you know how many pellets to give per dose? Got some pulsatilla for 6 mo. old, gave 1 pellet before she totally nodded off while nursing - but wonder if it was enough.

#254 of 864 Old 11-23-2009, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Ok, so total newbie question - how do you know how many pellets to give per dose? Got some pulsatilla for 6 mo. old, gave 1 pellet before she totally nodded off while nursing - but wonder if it was enough.
I just give my 6mo one pellet, though I suppose it could probably be diluted with some water and dispensed that way instead... the usual dose is 3 pellets, iirc. that's what i use for those of us in the family with teeth anyway.

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
#255 of 864 Old 11-23-2009, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waluso View Post
My homeopath recommended the home remedy kit from here: http://www.dataroad.net/cgi-bin/star..._aid_kits.html

I ordered it last week and received it in 1-2 days.
there's also
http://a2zhomeopathy.com/Homeopathy_Kits/index.html
which is comparable to WHP in many ways. Same cases too.
#256 of 864 Old 11-23-2009, 04:08 PM

Quote:
I usually say a couple (2-3ish) for no reason other than a. you want to make sure it got in, and b. in case one was a dud. All pellets are medicated separately and it's very rare but *possible* to have one that wasn't. I figure by giving 2-3, something is going to get in the kiddos mouth and at least one will be medicated!
#257 of 864 Old 11-23-2009, 04:45 PM

I've been lurking on this thread and learning quite a bit and my wish list is now seriously growing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panserbjørne View Post
another option:

I'm assuming if you got a kit from here that you'd go with the 30C? I'm assuming it's more an amber bottle with screw on cap, correct? I have a remedy from Celletech and find it difficult to get the pellets out without getting too many. Totally practical and silly question...but with the amber bottles how do you do it without wasting any - dh always sends a few bouncing across the kitchen floor.
#258 of 864 Old 11-23-2009, 04:54 PM

occasionally I will pour out too many, and I just pour them back in. I rarely dry dose so for me it's a matter of having a glass with an ounce of water next to me and putting just a few pellets in. The caps don't go near anyone's mouth from bottles like that. Boiron remedies I see as sort of cheap and disposable so I'll let me kids have the cap and self dose.
#259 of 864 Old 11-23-2009, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampered_mom View Post
I've been lurking on this thread and learning quite a bit and my wish list is now seriously growing.

I'm assuming if you got a kit from here that you'd go with the 30C? I'm assuming it's more an amber bottle with screw on cap, correct? I have a remedy from Celletech and find it difficult to get the pellets out without getting too many. Totally practical and silly question...but with the amber bottles how do you do it without wasting any - dh always sends a few bouncing across the kitchen floor.
I don't have any amber bottles (yet) but...
My ND pours his remedies into a folded clean piece of paper. None get wasted and if he accidentally pours out too many, he can pour them back in without worrying that he's touched them.

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
#260 of 864 Old 11-23-2009, 05:18 PM

PB can you throw out a few common cough remedies for me to research to help this cough that I have? It started a couple of days ago and I assume it is being caused by postnasal drip (virus going around the family). My nose is totally clear, except occasionally I may have a tiny bit of clear discharge. I am having coughing fits due to a tickle in the throat. Most coughing is dry but every now and then it will be wet when I cough a bit of the drip. Drinking liquid seems to help the tickle. I think I am driving my coworkers crazy! I feel okay otherwise.
#261 of 864 Old 11-23-2009, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacquelineR View Post
I don't have any amber bottles (yet) but...
My ND pours his remedies into a folded clean piece of paper. None get wasted and if he accidentally pours out too many, he can pour them back in without worrying that he's touched them.
That was another question I have - how in the world do you get a pellet into baby's mouth without touching the baby's mouth or the pellet or both? I know it's a big no-no to touch the pellets, but practically speaking...... I have.

Incidentally, I thought people might be interested in this - about 15 years ago I was the office manager for an MD who specialized in homeopathy (he's now deceased unfortunately). Wish I had paid closer attention! But, he had a very unique way of practicing (or at least I think so). He would meet with the patient, talk with them about what was going on, examine them if necessary and then prick their finger to get a blood spot on a piece of paper. He'd then go to his office and dowse over their blood spot to determine which remedy and dosage was appropriate for them. And then he'd prepare the remedy using a Radionics machine - I don't know much at all about Radionics but he had cards for each remedy that had a certain pattern on them, circular in nature. You'd put the card in a slot on this box and then put a glass vial of water in the box (no lid) and the water would get imprinted with the vibration of the remedy and the strength of it. It was very cool. And no, the vast majority of patients had no idea this was how he practiced.

I'll never forget one patient who was trying so hard to get his insurance to pay for the remedies. He called to ask if someone from the insurance company could come back and watch how the doc prepared them (not knowing how he did), so they would know they were legitimate. I can only imagine how that process would have gone over with them

#262 of 864 Old 11-23-2009, 06:44 PM

I don't think there's an issue with you touching the baby's remedy at all. You are, in fact, still a part of their energy system. Or rather, they of yours. I wouldn't touch the other pellets in the vial, but in terms of what's going in the babe's mouth? A non issue in my opinion.
#263 of 864 Old 11-23-2009, 11:32 PM

My lovely wife Amy needs your help. She describes it as: "a headache that has moved from the back to the right to the front, currently it's on the right"; "nose is stuffed up but not running, causing me to mouth-breathe"; "thrown up once due to too much stomach acid"; "feeling nauseated again but food is totally unappealing"; "taking small occasional sips of juice-flavored water, which is comforting"; "my throat was very sore with lots of mucous at the base"; "several remedies this morning helped: calp, lach, and ipecac. When I breathe out, it feels like my throat's on fire, though the pain is not that bad. I have a fever and lots of chills. I only want to be deep inside blankets burrowing my head.I'm achy when I don't move; I feel a little better when I move my limbs, but it's too difficult. I'm very weak, I need help to go to the bathroom. I'm feeling weepy and vulnerable. I would prefer not to be alone, unless of course it's my 3-year-old jumping on me, I would rather not that! My boys watched nine hours of cartoons today, a new record. I prefer to keep my eyes closed. When I have the energy, I will retest the above remedies.
Any other ideas?"
DH again. Thanks for any and all help you can give, she's miserable.

#264 of 864 Old 11-24-2009, 12:28 AM

Oh Amy , wish I knew something to offer you

#265 of 864 Old 11-24-2009, 01:28 AM

Amy,
I know you know I'm no expert but something is telling me ipecac for you and has been for a few days. I actually had to restrain myself from pming you this morning and asking if you were ok and if you were taking ipecac... just for no reason out of the blue. Do you have 200c?

#266 of 864 Old 11-24-2009, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacquelineR View Post
Amy,
I know you know I'm no expert but something is telling me ipecac for you and has been for a few days. I actually had to restrain myself from pming you this morning and asking if you were ok and if you were taking ipecac... just for no reason out of the blue. Do you have 200c?
Wow JR that is so cool. I tested yes for Ipecac and was able to sleep a little . I don't have 200c but will up my intake of 30c. I no longer have chills. I'm very hot which I think is good.

#267 of 864 Old 11-24-2009, 05:02 PM

I saw this WAY too late, I'm so sorry! I had my computer shut down very early last night and was running around this morning. Can we get an update, mama?
#268 of 864 Old 11-24-2009, 05:55 PM

Ipecac helped quite a bit with nausea and vomiting also with chills. This morning pain was different my sore swollen throat affecting how I sound swallowing is painful and so is moving neck. A heating pad is comfortin. Deep muscle aches improved with colocyn and mm suggested following up with staphysagria. Pendulum said yes. Still have aches but more shallow feeling.
Overall doing a bit better cooking smells are turning my stomach blah. Still feel very bad and weak but not weepy.
Nose still stuffed up causing mouth breathing. White tongue.

I've decided that I really need to get 200c remedies.

Eta: I am able to think and communicate, although painfully.

Bryonia was a no.

#269 of 864 Old 11-24-2009, 05:58 PM

I guess we're getting to see a case in point of when a deeper remedy is needed.
Amy. I hope you're feeling better soon.

#270 of 864 Old 11-25-2009, 10:51 AM

I am doing a great deal better today. I am able to walk around and I just took a shower.
I am wondering if I over did taking some remedies last night and proved them. Merc V and Puls both came out as yes. I wasn't sure which one to take and wasn't getting a fast response from either, starting in early evening. Within a 5 hour range, I had taken Merc V twice and Puls twice. I noticed that I would wake up in a panic because of sleep apnea-like issues. I was really freaked out. Afraid to go to sleep again. I wasn't able to breathe well because I had so much mucus in my throat and my eyes started draining icky stuff. I was much worse that a few hours earlier. My DH suggested I take some aspirin for the pain. I decided to try it, so I could swallow and remove the mucus and be able to sleep. I was able to sleep and I am doing much better this morning. Still quite a bit of pain and inflammation in my throat and ears, but not to the same degree as yesterday. With effort, I can swallow.
I am walking! yeah!

Tags
Homeopathics , Health Healing

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page