:( First Pap test after baby came back with mild dysplasia, alternative treatments? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 04-19-2002, 01:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know having a result of mild dysplasia is not that uncommon, I think my hormones during pregnancy may have brought it on? It still scares me though and I am just starting to come to turms with having had a c-section with our beautiful daughters birth, and now I am dealing with another female issue. I guess I just want to feel normal again...

I had a colposcopy 2 weeks ago. For those who don't know what this is, it is when your doctor takes a better look at your cervix with a microscope for abnormal cells (even with a gentle Doctor, it's not a comfortable procedure). A area the size of a pen point was the only thing that was found and biopsies. That came back as mild dysplasia. I am to come back in 5 month for a re-pap to make sure all is ok. I am not overly concerned, but feel like I should do something and not just wait around? I found this one product that is called Beta-mannan, (think the web site is www.alotek.com)a supplement that is supposed to boost immune response to hpv that most likely causes abnormal cells/dysplasia. I am breastfeeding also and am not 100% sure about it, although it appears all natural- from the aloe plant. Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks so much!
#2 of 3 Old 04-19-2002, 07:57 PM

autumnmom, i don't have any experience with the product you mentioned. however, a dear friend of mine is an herbalist w/a product line, who had a higher class number pap and cured herself pretty easily. if you email her at her website and tell her your specifics, she can no doubt recommend something (and if you don't hear from her for a few days, i think she's out of town). her website is www.moonmaidbotanicals.com good luck!
#3 of 3 Old 04-22-2002, 11:48 AM

I had the same diagnosis when I got pregnant with baby #5 and the same result at post partum ...I freaked out my Dr was not too concerned I have gone back for 3 paps since then and all is clear ..
I took mega doses of folic acid after postpartum visit I had read on-line that low levels of folic acid could cause signs of dysplasia. It had cleared up within 6 weeks of starting folic acid treatment .I have a friend who had the dysplasia for years and got on the folic acid and it has not returned ....More research is supporting this treatment when no signs of HPV is present.....Good Luck

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page