Sebaceous cyst? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 05-31-2009, 10:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My 3yo dd has had a very small cyst on her shoulder for almost a year now. I asked her ped about it back in October (it had opened and looked like a large pimple at that point) and he said it was a Sebaceous cyst and gave me a referral to a plastic surgeon to have it removed.

I thought about it, read about it, and decided to wait on it. The cyst drained fairly well and although it didn't go away completely, it closed and didn't flare again.

Recently, it's changed. It was about the size of a small, flatish pea for months. Now it's longer and not round anymore. It doesn't look like it's going to come to head like last time.

My question is... does this soud normal for a Sebaceous cyst? Or might it be something different?
#2 of 4 Old 05-31-2009, 11:44 PM

Hey, we were just talking about this on the iodine thread! I just came across this link http://www.wrightnewsletter.com/etip...20080703b.html
#3 of 4 Old 05-31-2009, 11:57 PM

We were just talking about it... Here's what I found for it

Sebaceous cysts are cysts which contain oily, fatty material. They usually appear rather suddenly on the face or in the groin or labia. Rubbing in SSKI mixed 50-50 with DMSO will almost always persuade these cysts to go away in a week or two; it appears that the iodide "dissolves" the fatty, oily material contained in the cysts, allowing your body to slowly re-absorb and dispose of it. The famous chemistry professor Louis Feiser made a point of demonstrating to all the medical students that iodine and iodide would make oils, fats, and waxes (cholesterol is actually a wax) more soluble in water. This known action of iodide might likely explain why it might be needed in patients with lipomas.

http://iodine4health.com/overviews/uses/panam_uses.htm

Nichole, wife to Kris SAHM to Timothy : :10-11-03, Hosanna , Seraphim 8-17-08 : caught by Grandma! Faith 1-4-10 : Caught by Daddy!
#4 of 4 Old 06-01-2009, 02:16 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the links, ladies

I'm a little uncomfortable using DMSO. I have a Chemistry degree and used DMSO in many labs during college. It is not a harmless solvent... and to tell the truth, I'm sort of scared of it. It picks up any chemical it comes into contact with and passes it easily through the skin. It was one of several solvenets that I tried to really protect myself from while using it.

I'm going to think on it and maybe I'll try making an appointment with a homeopath who is experienced.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page