Could it be Rubella??? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 06-06-2009, 03:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey mommas,

I originally thought dd was having hives due to a reaction to some aloe vera juice but it's been about 24 hours and her rash has gotten worse on her chest and back and seems to be spreading to her arms... so I'm wondering since shes had a fever that stayed under 102 for a couple days then broke out with a rash that appeared first on her face and scalp then neck, then shoulders, then chest and back and now seems to be spreading to her arms possibly her legs as well, does this sound like rubella to those who've had it or dealt with it before?

Nichole, wife to Kris SAHM to Timothy : :10-11-03, Hosanna , Seraphim 8-17-08 : caught by Grandma! Faith 1-4-10 : Caught by Daddy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 06-06-2009, 06:05 PM

Funny you should post this...my aunt the other day was telling me how she once had fresh aloe put on her back and everywhere the aloe WASN'T broke out in a hive-like pimply red rash. I think it was concluded she was allergic to aloe.

Amy, mommy to Ava, 6, Gavin, 4, Lila, 2, and Baby #4 due in early November! joy.gif
#3 of 8 Old 06-07-2009, 07:59 AM - Thread Starter

Just wanted to bump the thread to see if I can get any new responses to the rubella angle..

Nichole, wife to Kris SAHM to Timothy : :10-11-03, Hosanna , Seraphim 8-17-08 : caught by Grandma! Faith 1-4-10 : Caught by Daddy!
#4 of 8 Old 06-07-2009, 08:15 AM

I don't know....my DS also had somethign similar happen to him and I suspected Rubella as well. Low fever on and off for a few days, then a rash starting on his face and scalp and spreading to his torso and arms and legs. My doctor said it was probably Roseola, but I suspect Rubella.

Amy, mommy to Ava, 6, Gavin, 4, Lila, 2, and Baby #4 due in early November! joy.gif
#5 of 8 Old 06-07-2009, 01:37 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Way more likely to be Roseola than Rubella.

Rainbow.giftstillheart.gifsmile.gif

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

#6 of 8 Old 06-07-2009, 02:25 PM - Thread Starter

why is Roseola more likely? I looked it up it says a fever for several days, almost a week.... Seraphim's was only for two days and was not higher than 102...

It also says the rash appears first on the trunk then spreads, while her rash began on her face and scalp and is working it's way down which is compatible with it being rubella..

I've already affirmed my own suspicions but wondering why it's thought that Roseola would be what she has.

#7 of 8 Old 06-07-2009, 02:39 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristSavesAll View Post
why is Roseola more likely? I looked it up it says a fever for several days, almost a week.... Seraphim's was only for two days and was not higher than 102...

It also says the rash appears first on the trunk then spreads, while her rash began on her face and scalp and is working it's way down which is compatible with it being rubella..

I've already affirmed my own suspicions but wondering why it's thought that Roseola would be what she has.
Because Rubella appears to be very, very rare these days. There is no vax for Roseola and most children get it by the time they are five years old.

When it comes to fevers temps and duration vary greatly in children so I wouldn't go by that.

Giving a name to a fever and a rash is not very important to me, but if you are really wanting to know if it was Rubella, you could always have your lo's titres checks in the future.

Rainbow.giftstillheart.gifsmile.gif

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

#8 of 8 Old 06-11-2009, 12:58 AM - Thread Starter

Ok so I just wanted to update for any other mommas out there wondering which their munchkin may have...

I'm positive she had rubella, the symptoms alone with the timing and the onset of the way the rash started, and also it only lasted 3 days.

I believe dd contracted it from our trip to the swimming pool at the apts as we haven't been out much due to my nausea and fatigue from the pg.

I was just as surprised but yes it's still out there, not sure who she got it from but I am interested and wish I could go door to door and bug the neighbors just to see how it started, not that I'm concerned I just like knowledge... I'm antivax and curious as to whether it is contagious from someone who was recently vax'd... could be wrong, just well.. curious.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page