Can a 7-year old get a hemorrhoid? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
#1 of 8 Old 06-16-2009, 03:53 PM - Thread Starter
 
Mindful Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: SEPA
Posts: 270
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I posted a few days ago about my 7-year old DS having some blood on his stool. He had a minuscule amount on the toilet paper today, so I asked to see his anus while he was on the toilet. Sure enough, he bent over and I saw a purplish, slightly-larger than pea-size protrusion on the outside of his anus (it looked like it went inside too). That's a hemorrhoid, right? I asked if his tush ever hurt, and he said not -- but he did say it sometimes itched.

Do I have to take him in to our doctor for this or can I manage it at home? What can I do?
Mindful Mom is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#2 of 8 Old 06-16-2009, 05:21 PM
 
Marnica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 5,470
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Oh Boy...poor kid...


You can manage them at home for now unless it becomes much bigger or seems to bother him alot.

I feel I am an expert on this subject having suffered for YEARS and finally just had the surgery 2 years ago.

Anyway by fat the best topical treatment/natural for this I found (and I have tried DOZENS) is this:

http://www.amoils.com/hemorrhoids.html. Works great for mild to moderate cases.

You can also give homeopathic remedy. check here for which one may be appropriate: http://www.truestarhealth.com/Notes/2229005.html

Good luck!

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

Marnica is offline  
#3 of 8 Old 06-16-2009, 09:58 PM
 
mom61508's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,992
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marnica View Post
Oh Boy...poor kid...


You can manage them at home for now unless it becomes much bigger or seems to bother him alot.

I feel I am an expert on this subject having suffered for YEARS and finally just had the surgery 2 years ago.

Anyway by fat the best topical treatment/natural for this I found (and I have tried DOZENS) is this:

http://www.amoils.com/hemorrhoids.html. Works great for mild to moderate cases.

You can also give homeopathic remedy. check here for which one may be appropriate: http://www.truestarhealth.com/Notes/2229005.html

Good luck!
How do you know If you have an internal hemorrhoid? I think I may have one but not sure.
mom61508 is offline  
#4 of 8 Old 06-17-2009, 09:32 AM - Thread Starter
 
Mindful Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: SEPA
Posts: 270
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So, is it possible for hemorrhoids to be visible after a bowel movement (especially one that involved straining) but then not visible a few hours later (sort of like they went back inside)?

I had DS sit on the toilet so my DH could see the protrusions I saw after the BM, but they were gone!
Mindful Mom is offline  
#5 of 8 Old 06-17-2009, 08:37 PM
 
tolovemercy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Chicago suburbs
Posts: 1,469
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindful Mom View Post
So, is it possible for hemorrhoids to be visible after a bowel movement (especially one that involved straining) but then not visible a few hours later (sort of like they went back inside)?

I had DS sit on the toilet so my DH could see the protrusions I saw after the BM, but they were gone!

Yes, totally possible. Poor guy!

Erin, Catholic mama to three sweet boys: Ambrose (11/06),  Peter (3/08), and Joseph (9/10) and a sweet girl, Charlotte (7/12/12).

Joyfully expecting #5 April 2014!
tolovemercy is offline  
#6 of 8 Old 06-18-2009, 03:35 PM
 
Marnica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 5,470
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom61508 View Post
How do you know If you have an internal hemorrhoid? I think I may have one but not sure.
Internal ones don't hurt. Usually you will notice bright red blood when you go either on the Tp or in the bowl (sorry if TMI!). Unless you are loosing a lot of blood or are anemic, you usually don't need to treat them, although they can prop lapse and become external

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

Marnica is offline  
#7 of 8 Old 06-18-2009, 03:36 PM
 
Marnica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 5,470
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindful Mom View Post
So, is it possible for hemorrhoids to be visible after a bowel movement (especially one that involved straining) but then not visible a few hours later (sort of like they went back inside)?

I had DS sit on the toilet so my DH could see the protrusions I saw after the BM, but they were gone!
Yup possible and likely...is he consiptated?? It s could bethat that is the core of his problem. Straining = pressure on the veins = hemmys

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

Marnica is offline  
#8 of 8 Old 06-18-2009, 07:36 PM
 
mom61508's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,992
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marnica View Post
Internal ones don't hurt. Usually you will notice bright red blood when you go either on the Tp or in the bowl (sorry if TMI!). Unless you are loosing a lot of blood or are anemic, you usually don't need to treat them, although they can prop lapse and become external
thanks sounds like I have one :
mom61508 is offline  
Reply

User Tag List



Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off