Can a 7-year old get a hemorrhoid? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 06-16-2009, 02:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I posted a few days ago about my 7-year old DS having some blood on his stool. He had a minuscule amount on the toilet paper today, so I asked to see his anus while he was on the toilet. Sure enough, he bent over and I saw a purplish, slightly-larger than pea-size protrusion on the outside of his anus (it looked like it went inside too). That's a hemorrhoid, right? I asked if his tush ever hurt, and he said not -- but he did say it sometimes itched.

Do I have to take him in to our doctor for this or can I manage it at home? What can I do?
#2 of 8 Old 06-16-2009, 04:21 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Oh Boy...poor kid...

You can manage them at home for now unless it becomes much bigger or seems to bother him alot.

I feel I am an expert on this subject having suffered for YEARS and finally just had the surgery 2 years ago.

Anyway by fat the best topical treatment/natural for this I found (and I have tried DOZENS) is this:

http://www.amoils.com/hemorrhoids.html. Works great for mild to moderate cases.

You can also give homeopathic remedy. check here for which one may be appropriate: http://www.truestarhealth.com/Notes/2229005.html

Good luck!

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

#3 of 8 Old 06-16-2009, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marnica View Post
Oh Boy...poor kid...

You can manage them at home for now unless it becomes much bigger or seems to bother him alot.

I feel I am an expert on this subject having suffered for YEARS and finally just had the surgery 2 years ago.

Anyway by fat the best topical treatment/natural for this I found (and I have tried DOZENS) is this:

http://www.amoils.com/hemorrhoids.html. Works great for mild to moderate cases.

You can also give homeopathic remedy. check here for which one may be appropriate: http://www.truestarhealth.com/Notes/2229005.html

Good luck!
How do you know If you have an internal hemorrhoid? I think I may have one but not sure.
#4 of 8 Old 06-17-2009, 08:32 AM - Thread Starter

So, is it possible for hemorrhoids to be visible after a bowel movement (especially one that involved straining) but then not visible a few hours later (sort of like they went back inside)?

I had DS sit on the toilet so my DH could see the protrusions I saw after the BM, but they were gone!
#5 of 8 Old 06-17-2009, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindful Mom View Post
So, is it possible for hemorrhoids to be visible after a bowel movement (especially one that involved straining) but then not visible a few hours later (sort of like they went back inside)?

I had DS sit on the toilet so my DH could see the protrusions I saw after the BM, but they were gone!

Yes, totally possible. Poor guy!

Erin, Catholic mama to three sweet boys: Ambrose (11/06),  Peter (3/08), and Joseph (9/10) and a sweet girl, Charlotte (7/12/12).

Joyfully expecting #5 April 2014!
#6 of 8 Old 06-18-2009, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom61508 View Post
How do you know If you have an internal hemorrhoid? I think I may have one but not sure.
Internal ones don't hurt. Usually you will notice bright red blood when you go either on the Tp or in the bowl (sorry if TMI!). Unless you are loosing a lot of blood or are anemic, you usually don't need to treat them, although they can prop lapse and become external

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

#7 of 8 Old 06-18-2009, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindful Mom View Post

Yup possible and likely...is he consiptated?? It s could bethat that is the core of his problem. Straining = pressure on the veins = hemmys

#8 of 8 Old 06-18-2009, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marnica View Post
Internal ones don't hurt. Usually you will notice bright red blood when you go either on the Tp or in the bowl (sorry if TMI!). Unless you are loosing a lot of blood or are anemic, you usually don't need to treat them, although they can prop lapse and become external
thanks sounds like I have one :

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page