Homeopathic treatments for irregular heartbeat - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-17-2009, 04:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone know of any? I have a very irregular heartbeat and a murmur. I've been in the ER due to atrial fib. I'm on beta blockers, and my cardiologist would like me to take more drugs/have more tests, but I'm nursing so I am declining those at this time. I stopped taking calcium and that has helped some with the palpitations, but they are still there. I've heard flax seed oil and magnesium supplements can help, but don't know how much to take.

Has anyone successfully treated heart issues like these with homeopathic remedies?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2009, 04:20 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I can't help with the homeopathy part, but I think magnesium stopped my irregular heartbeats. It's lost through food processing very easily, so over time we can end up fairly deficient, and some folks like my DH and DD need more than other people. If you take too much mag, you'll get diarrhea. I'm giving DH and the kids each 600mg a day, will probably go up with DH pretty soon, but the amount is highly variable.
Old 06-17-2009, 04:26 PM

Definitely see a classical homeopath. The remedy that would help your symptoms is specific to *you* and your experience. There is no quick and simple way to find your own remedy for heart problems.
Old 06-17-2009, 04:45 PM

Are the heart issues "new"? Have you had your thyroid levels checked recently?

Happy Mommy to one amazing girl (6y) and one sweet boy (2y), and wife to DH since 7/03 : :
Old 06-17-2009, 06:28 PM

our naturapath put my son on hawthorn berry supplements. She said that it's generally all-around healthy for the heart. There was nothing that she could do for the irregular beat though. He has ventricular tachycardia. I've put him on calcium, magnesium and vit. D supplements and will see soon if that is working.

I'm sure you've checked your thyroid, but if not...have that checked.

Our children make a study of us in a way no one else ever will.  If we don't act according to our values, they will know.~Starhawk Rainbow.gif  New  User Agreement! http://www.mothering.com/community/wiki/user-agreement

Old 06-18-2009, 12:05 AM

I don't know about homeopathy, but magnesium has definitely helped me in the past (for a while, then I had to go on beta blockers). The combination of medication and relaxation exercises -- an entire hour of deep breathing every day for a couple of weeks -- really helped.
Old 06-18-2009, 01:41 AM - Thread Starter

Yep, I've had my thyroid checked recently. It is a new problem, since having my second baby. It's clearly genetic though, as my mom has pretty much the exact same heart issues.

Thanks for the ideas. I will definitely try to find a homeopath in my area. And I hadn't even thought about relaxation breathing! I will try that starting tomorrow.

User Tag List