Some spotting mid-cycle, feeling awful - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-22-2009, 03:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
At about day 16 of my normally 28 day cycle, I had a bit of bright red bleeding, a large twinge at my left ovary, and then some light brown spotting later that day. I've been feeling very tired and have been very stressed from work and some other projects. In mid-May, I was diagnosed with adrenal fatigue and took steps to change my diet (added carbs, previously lower carb) and started on supplements. Today I had some brown spotting. My period is due in five/six days. I never have mid-cycle spotting except when I was first pregnant with DD. I've felt extremely run-down, but can't sleep, and just haven't felt right. But I have attributed this all to stress/change in diet until I had some brown spotting today.

Everything I've read online states that mid-cycle bleeding could be implantation bleeding. I don't think I'm pregnant, but wonder why I had the bright red spotting. I don't have any other early pregnancy symptoms except the feeling awful/fatigue. But these seem like the whole adrenal fatigue problem.

But I just want to know what is up with me. Any ideas?

S & J . DD 2/8/7. DS 4/25/10. Natural foods eating, sleep deprived, gardening WAH mama.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2009, 06:00 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Who knows with our crazy hormonal bodies!?!?!

I wold probably test, maybe buy a two pack and test tomorrow morning and then the day after your period if it doesn't come.

You could have had an impacted ovary? I had one when I was a girl. It hurt lke hell, went to hospital and they said I had some blood in my urine, although I never saw any. There was no treatment, just pain medication that I probably didn't need.

Keep us posted!

Mama to DD luxlove.gif born June 2008 and Wife to my dear Magyar foreign exchange husband. Expecting again in September!joy.gif 
Old 06-22-2009, 08:25 PM

I can guarantee you have an ovarian cyst. This is what happened to me when I did. aLL the symptoms you listed I had.

I would spot mid cycle during ovulation. Hormones all messed up (ovaries are play huge roll in hormones) painful ovulation on one side. See you gyn, get a pelvic u/s(to make sure its not a bad cyst) done and check your thyroid.

xoxoxox

Old 06-22-2009, 09:34 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I would say ovarian cyst, or pregnant.

: Robyn : Increasingly crunchy Mama to Kya (8) , Makena (7) , and Keegan (4) :
Old 06-22-2009, 09:48 PM - Thread Starter

Aha, never thought of an ovarian cyst. I have PCOS, but just the hormonal issues and never any cysts or symptoms of cysts.

S & J . DD 2/8/7. DS 4/25/10. Natural foods eating, sleep deprived, gardening WAH mama.
Old 06-23-2009, 07:45 PM

i have a 2 cm ovarian cyst and have been having the same problems. i also have heavy bleeding (empty diva cup every hour for one day of my cycle).

so i got a SIS ultrasound (where they do a regular ultrasound then inject saline solution into the uterus to blow it up and see if there are polyps).

turns out i have 2 polyps along with ovarian cyst.

for treatment i am having a d & C and ablation on monday for the polyps. we'll see if that helps with spotting, if not, i'll be looking into other solutions.

good luck.
Old 06-23-2009, 11:42 PM - Thread Starter

After all of the weirdness the past two weeks, I got my period today, six days early. So I'm still uncertain as to what happened and why my period is early. It is never early. Maybe a cyst burst? Maybe stress caused some bad symptoms. I so wish I could tell what goes on down there. I haven't been to an OB/GYN since halfway through my pregnancy when I switched to midwife care. I detest seeing doctors, and really don't want to go to one without a really good reason.

User Tag List