Can a 3 year old get a yeast infection? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 04-21-2002, 12:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I cant figure it out. Kaya's vagina is bright red on the outside and she keeps touching it and telling me it hurts. I dont know could she have a yeast infection this young???? I checked her underwear and there was a bit of discharge but it also could just be pee drips you know??? She is not on antibiotics but had MMR vax a few weeks ago and is now on homeopathic remedies for a reaction. I dont think either of the two could have caused this. She goes to the bathroom by herself for a while now and maybe she isnt wiping good enough????? I have no idea. I am a bit worried. Any experience with this????? I am not taking her to the doctor so I need some natural remedy ideas to help her.

Thanks
#2 of 8 Old 04-21-2002, 04:16 PM

I've just been doing alot of reading about yeast infections as my 16 mods has oral thrush.. I think the thing with yeast is that we all have the stuff present in our systems, but normally our bodies own chemistry keeps it at bay, but when the immune system is depresssed or changed in some way the yeast can thrive.. so if in fact it is yeast then maybe it's present because the mmr has messed with her immune system. Just a thought. Maybe someone else has some more insightful answer...
ALso.. I have been using grapefruit seed extract... 10 drops in an ounce of distilled water to combat the thrush.. I think you can take it internaly also.. something for you to research.. I've seen alot of posts here about this if you do a search..
#3 of 8 Old 04-21-2002, 04:40 PM - Thread Starter

THank you for your response! This is making all kinds of sense to me now! Can I say Duh to myself!
I will search for other posts!
#4 of 8 Old 04-21-2002, 06:06 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Yes. Dd has a constant yeast infection. Our yeast problems are hereditary, we lack something that processes acidopholis and there fore cannot fight it off. i take caprylic acid and she takes Proflavinal. Both have been very helpful.

So has cutting out sugar, but we aren't very good at that.

The truest answer to violence is love. The truest answer to death is life. The only prevention for violence is for the heart to have no violence within it.  We cannot prevent evil through any system devised by mankind. But we can grapple with evil and defeat it, but only with love—real love.

#5 of 8 Old 04-21-2002, 07:05 PM

she can definetly have yeast. especially if she was on anti biotics. grape fruit seed extract works well. also you can put tea tree oil in her bath, just a few drops. and wash her area with baking soda and water. cut out wheat dairy and SUGAR!
hope it goes away!
#6 of 8 Old 04-22-2002, 10:39 PM

she could get a thrush type rash too if she pees just a little and is constantly wet or damp. i would do soaks in the tub with baking soda and then air dry and apply comfrey salve, esp at night when it won't be disturbed and can really sink in. you could also try some room temp plain yogurt. this worked on my babies when they had yeast diaper rash. have her eat lots of yougurt too, and drink as much water as you can convince her to. yeast rash is easily recognizable as it is little red raised dots as opposed to just red. it can also appear as crepy red sort of scaly skin. hope she is better soon!
#7 of 8 Old 04-22-2002, 10:43 PM

I would also give her acidophilus daily, I had a mild yeast infection & I took lots of this as well as one dose of a homeopthic remedy (at the advice of my homeopath) & it cleared up. My friend used to get one every 3 months, started on daily acidophilus & it has been over 7 months with no recurrance. Also if she likes yogurt, the ones with live culture has it in there as well.
HTH

Kim
#8 of 8 Old 04-23-2002, 10:00 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks Mamas! I have been giving her acidophilus and I found this powder at the health food store with tea tree oil and some other stuff. It said on the container that it can treat yeast diapers rashes. I think she may just have the yeast on the outside. It is going away already! But I will continue the acid. and I took her off dairy for a few days now.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page