Sinus Infection in 1 Year Old - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 07-06-2009, 10:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi! I haven't posted here in a bit but am in desperate need of some good solid advice. My LO (1 year..tomorrow actually) has this horrible sinus infection. At least that is what I think it is considering his nose is all runny ALL THE TIME. This has been going on now off and on for about 1 week but in the past few days (and since I have gotten really sick) it has gotten SO much worse. The little man cannot breathe and sleeping is very hard. I have done the steamy bathroom thing three times now, it seems to maybe temporarily help, but then it comes back full force a little later. I give him probiotics on a daily basis, and I have some SA here, but getting it into him is hard to do as he is really not consuming much. He is not a big eater to begin with, but when he does not feel well, he hates eating.
Any suggestions other than taking him to the doctor for antibiotics? That is going to be my last resort as I hear so much about the harmful side effects of antibiotics.
Thanks! "-)
April

FEAR- Emergency Scriptures That Come To Your Rescue During Times Of Fear, Worry, and Anxiety For Your Kindle

#2 of 5 Old 07-06-2009, 05:27 PM - Thread Starter

Bump. Anyone? "-)

FEAR- Emergency Scriptures That Come To Your Rescue During Times Of Fear, Worry, and Anxiety For Your Kindle

#3 of 5 Old 07-06-2009, 09:47 PM

I am suffering from a horrible sinus infection right now.
I looked up the symptoms and you can tell by the yellow or green mucus, face pain, awful stuffiness and rarely a fever.
It is possible that if he does'nt have the yellow/green mucus he just has a little cold virus or allergy in which case antibiotics will not help.
#4 of 5 Old 07-07-2009, 11:05 AM

With the runny nose, is it clear? Because that would indicate allergies? Whenever I've had a sinus infection, my nose wouldn't run at all. It would be the incredible stuffiness and hard to get the gook out.

Kathy, mother of 3, wife of 1. My new recipe blog: www.kathysrecipebox.wordpress.com (no longer searchable by allergen, but at least it doesn't have a virus!)
#5 of 5 Old 07-07-2009, 05:20 PM - Thread Starter

I would think it wouldn't be allergies because he got sick with a fever before his nose started to run. And I know he got sick from a friend that came into town. But who knows....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page