Red itchy bumps all over my 7 year old - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 07-15-2009, 05:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am at a loss. My 7 YO DD came to me sunday morning with tiny red bumps all over her torso, back and bottom. they are itchy, and they do not have any kind of head on them....heatherb and i have been searching all over to try and find what it could be, but to no avail.... None of the conditions we found match what she has...5ths, rubella, measles, chiggers, fleas, nothing....i'm tired. so if you might have some idea, please feel free to post! TIA!
MH
#2 of 7 Old 07-15-2009, 05:41 AM

It would help if you had a picture to show. I cant think of anything you didnt mention.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

#3 of 7 Old 07-16-2009, 02:50 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Did you get any pics today?

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#4 of 7 Old 07-16-2009, 03:14 AM - Thread Starter

i will get some pics tomorrow. today was too crazy! and fwiw, my 5 year old now has a fever...but my 7 yo never did get one....ugh!
#5 of 7 Old 07-16-2009, 01:37 PM

Sounds like what dd will sometimes get when she first begins showing signs of a cold virus. She will have tiny little red bumps that appear anywhere from her trunk, to her legs and arms, to her face. They don't always come with a fever either. I dont' treat them with anything. They go away on their own within a few days.

If you've been swimming in a lake this could also be swimmers itch which is caused by some sort of foreign organism living in the water. In that case I think it's recommended that you treat it like you would any other mild skin reaction. I don't personally react to the little critters but, I know a few people who can't swim in lakes that have been known to carry the ick simply because they are left with a head to toe itchy rash.

~TRACY, wife to loving dh, mommy to dd (10/05), ds(12/08), 3 kitties, & 2 pups.
#6 of 7 Old 07-16-2009, 06:31 PM - Thread Starter

Well, when I went to get a picture of my DD's spots, they were very obviously clearing up. Not all gone, but definitely getting better. I think the Prev poster was on to something...esp since mmy 5yo dd has had a fever all day, i think they just experience different symptoms even if it's the same virus. Thanks moms!
#7 of 7 Old 07-16-2009, 08:01 PM

My bf's son just had the same thing. She took him to the doctor and was told it was just a virus going around. It would clear up within a day or two and not to worry.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page