Hair loss in 2 year old female toddler - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 34 Old 01-09-2014, 01:45 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have two little girls, ages 2 months and 23 months.
We noticed a quarter sized patch on my 23 month daughters head about a month ago and immediatly took her to her pcp.
They thought it was fungul and i was crossing my fingers it was !!!!
But it wasn't, my two sister suffer from auto immune diffieciencys and one of which alopecia..
In a one month period my daughter has lost 70% of her hair.
So quick so fast.
It breaks my heart, i just want to let it all out.
I know it can be worst but no matter what it still hurts !!
We took her to a dermatologist and they cut a piece of her scalp, im desperatly waiting for there call..
Ill keep updating every month and every doctors visit.
As of her hair i do see tiny little buds growing out.
I just fear they might shed as well..the dermatologist says its most likely :'((((
Well that's my story greensad.gif
Please keep updating your stories id love to hear your updates please.
By the way, i think my little girl is losing her hair cause of her baby sister, i think she wasnt used to having a little sister, she began losing her hair immediately after marilyn was born, and right away she spiraled out of control, & also terrible twos, her hormones are probably crazy right now shes so much moodier.
Bt idk ill keep you guys updated
#32 of 34 Old 04-14-2014, 06:43 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Can you please tell us what happened! Test results??
#33 of 34 Old 04-15-2014, 03:01 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I posted originally back in July 2012 about my (then) 17 month old son… then again in Aug 2012, and again in Jan. 2013. My son is 3 years old now, and thankfully, miraculously, all his hair has grown back. It started filling in nicely around his 2nd birthday and he would occasionally get a few small spots here and there but eventually he stopped getting spots. He did have a couple areas on his scalp that took a LONG time to grow back hair, but eventually they did fill in, although the hair in those areas are still a bit thin. I’m not sure he’s completely out of the woods yet but I am finally hopeful. I can’t describe the heartache and worry I felt during the last couple years, but I’m sure all of you know the feeling. For the first time I was able to give my son a very short short haircut about 2 or 3 months ago. I still do not know the definite cause of his hairloss/alopecia, but it seems that the trigger was the coxsackie virus (all his blood tests came back normal). What puzzles me though is that he first had telio effluvium then when his hair started growing back, he developed Alopecia and started losing all his hair again but in the circular patches – it was BAD. If the coxsackie virus caused this, that is one NASTY virus. My prayers go out to all you parents who are dealing with this and to your little ones. Sometimes after you’ve tried and thought of everything, prayers are all you’ve got. I know that my family and I prayed earnestly for my son and for his healing. I know that I will never again take for granted even the smallest thing.
#34 of 34 Old 04-15-2014, 09:56 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thank you for replying. I'm at a loss right now....My soon to be three year old was recently diagnosed with Alopecia. It seems to be affecting her entire scalp and now her eyebrows. Her hair was sort of thin and never grew very fast. I also noticed that the first 1/8" of her hair from her scalp was nearly colorless about 6 months ago. On March 31 (yes this March) she developed a fever blister. Three days later her hair began shedding ...a lot. It continued to shed and on April 8th I took her to see her pediatrician. He diagnosed her with Alopecia and said it may grow back ...or it may not. So, needless to say I was very confused and upset! The following morning I took her to see the dermatologist. She also diagnosed her with Alopecia. She asked if anyone in our family had Alopecia. I told her no, but we do have family members with autoimmune disorders (addisons disease, Thyroid disease, diabetes type 1, and celiac.) The dermatologist did some blood work (TSH, CBC) and all came back normal. She prescribed us a prescription steroid oil (to use on her scalp 1x/day) and told us to follow up in a month. I'm just devastated! This all happened so fast! I just wish her hair would stop falling out. She's nearly bald now. Like you said, sometimes all you can do is pray.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page