Lyme roll call - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 34 Old 11-16-2009, 01:52 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebirdmama1 View Post
Sarah, how is teasel working for you? Which is better for you, tincture or essence (never thought about taking it in that form for lyme).

Have you ever had your nursling tested?
It seems to be working well I think. By well I mean that when I introduced it into the mix, I felt really poorly for a couple of days and then felt a renewed energy accompanied by moments of intense well-being. You know what I'm talking about? Those moments when you are warmed to your core knowing it will be alright eventually.

I never have had my LO tested. I'm almost certain it would be positive. At one year old though he does not show any outward signs. We have not vaxed him because of what we believe is a strong link between Lyme and Autism. Thinking I could have saddled my precious child with this illness makes me frantic inside.

Mother to L.O. born at home 10.17.08 EDD for #2 4.21.2011
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 34 Old 11-16-2009, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah.astrid View Post
So right now, with the blessing of my LLMD, I'm taking a boatload of supplements while we try to decide what to do.
Lots of those supplements sound good. If the teasel doesn'twork, you could try differebt preperations of it or it may not be the right (or just only thing for you). I am just brainstorming knowing I would want to try everything natural before any abx. Have you tried salt and vit C at lymephotos.com? It worked for my dh and his lyme. Have you tried homeopathy? I have found that the teasel works so much more effectivly with the addition of homeopathy. And I have worked on really eliminating my food allergens. I don't need any extra stresses on my body now.
I have thought about abx many times, but as long as I am breastfeeding, it isn't going to happen, but I probably wont ever since I am seeing great healing. I just know how it is when you are feeling horrible, the abx sounds great.

About your LO and possibly having lyme, try not to fret, I hear that it many not be that common. When I had my baby and the test results came back positive shortly after his birth, I was crushed, cried for days. I just love my son so much that I couldn't have ever wished this on anyone especially my own child. I just have to be greatful I know. I have talked to several moms who have gone through autism type behaviors with their children, and come to find it was lyme. If issus arise with my son, I know where to start without beating around the bush. Everyday that I see new developement and growth is a blessing that everything is going to be alright. I am hoping that all the things I am doing for myself treatment wise will pass to my son and will get rid of his lyme. I haven't had my 2 yr dd tested but may request it at her next ped visit.
#33 of 34 Old 03-03-2010, 03:03 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Not quite ready to share my story but wanted to subscribe. Wished I'd found it earlier.

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
#34 of 34 Old 03-03-2010, 05:27 PM

For those mamas who live with or have loved with neurological manifestations of Lyme, I wanted to share that I am taking LDN (low dose naltrexone). I have had multiple MRI's which show evidence of demyelination. I have a lot of symptoms that would lead a less Lyme-literate physician to believe I have MS. I, of course, know I do not have MS but neuro-lyme. Since neurological Lyme Disease looks a whole lot like MS, LDN is useful for both. LDN has absolutely changed my life. I have had a complete cessation of symptoms. No more dizziness, tippiness, numbness, tingling, brain-fog. All gone. I intend to take LDN for one year and have another MRI. I have no doubt that the MRI will show a healing of the brain lesions I do have, or at least no new growth.

You can find out more here:
http://www.lymebook.com/lyme-disease...naltrexone-ldn
and here
http://www.lowdosenaltrexone.org/

Also see articles at pubmed:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1...&ordinalpos=20

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1...m&ordinalpos=5

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1...&ordinalpos=23

Mother to L.O. born at home 10.17.08 EDD for #2 4.21.2011

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page