Soooo tired... could it be dental work? Epsom salt baths? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-15-2009, 12:48 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have been REALLY dragging this week and am trying to figure out why (aside from being a mom to three kids, one of whom hasn't slept for a whole night in her four-year life).

I had some dental work done Tuesday morning (very stressful -- I had a terrible childhood dentist who capped off his cruelty by placing a large filling when I wasn't numb just before I left for college). The dentist this week had to remove part of that large silver filling, and drill part of a cavity on the tooth it was touching. I was a bit nervous about removing some of the filling and wondered if that is what is making me so darn tired this week? Can some of that mercury be floating around in me and wearing me out?

Another thing I am wondering is if it could be epsom salt baths... I have been taking them every two or three nights the last two weeks and find them SO relaxing and making for good sleep -- but could that make me unbelievably tired?

The final thing is that I haven't been taking supplements this week as I was having bloodwork done for my annual checkup and wanted to see what my VitD levels and others were like without my usual course of supplements (a good multi, CLO, Vit D, Vit B, a probiotic.) But could a week without supplements do it?

Maybe it just takes me a week to recover from two hours in a dentist's chair! Such stress! I think next time (if there is a next time), I'll take the drugs! LOL.

Thanks for any thoughts you have.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2009, 01:44 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
There is extra mercury circulating, and so that's an extra nutrition drain on you as your body tries to excrete it. If your health is borderline, going without your usual supplements could also do it. Doing both at the same time is rough on your body. I think some people are extra-sensitive to magnesium, so the mag they absorb from the epsom salt baths is enough to affect them, but that's not very common. I'd think the combo of the mercury and the removal of your usual nutritional supps is the most likely cause.

User Tag List