Double pox exposure question - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 08-24-2009, 12:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I exposed my 18mth old 16 days ago, so far nothing, and just found out that there is pox nearby, a child that just broke out yesterday. So my question is has anyone exposed again before the incubation period is over? Am I jumping the gun too much?

Thanks in advance!!
Sarah

Proud mama to three bouncing unschooled boys:, Ian5/02, Connor9/04, and Andrew1/08!:::: Milk Donors!familybed2.gifwaterbirth.jpghomeschool.gifselectivevax.gifdizzy.gif

#2 of 5 Old 08-25-2009, 09:26 AM

I would do it. I exposed my DD twice (well, I exposed her once and then her sister got it) and she never got them. Exposure doesn't always mean pox. I Played all afternoon with my best friend when I was five, and that night they found pox on her in the bath and I didn't get them for 2 more years.

Opportunities are few and far between, so take advantage!

slingboy.gifTaking care of 2 girls:energy.gifblahblah.gifb& a babyboy.gif born on his mama's birthday and a few chicken3.gif
#3 of 5 Old 08-25-2009, 03:11 PM

I am pretty sure we did expose twice. Like the PP said, take the chance when you can!
#4 of 5 Old 08-26-2009, 10:49 AM - Thread Starter

I did thanks!! Despite the grumblings of my DH, I did go to the pox party and here's hoping it works.

Sarah

Proud mama to three bouncing unschooled boys:, Ian5/02, Connor9/04, and Andrew1/08!:::: Milk Donors!familybed2.gifwaterbirth.jpghomeschool.gifselectivevax.gifdizzy.gif

#5 of 5 Old 08-26-2009, 01:24 PM

The exposure is fine, it's the more days of staying home that would give me pause. I mean, she's at six days into the contagious period, and has five more, then you get a five day reprieve, then another 11 days of keeping them out of public. I might go batty by then!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page